IGNORED

The week ahead

daored

Another week of tough fixtures in the championship, with several local derbies which may thrown up unexpected results:

Monday:

Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 

Tuesday:

Derby v Wigan 

Friday:

Norwich v Swansea 

Saturday:

Blackburn v Preston 

Sheffield United v Rotherham 

City v Leeds

Derby v Sheffield Wednesday 

Boro v Brentford 

Forest v Hull

West Brom v Ipswich 

The Sheffield derby is a tough one to know what we want this time round. I`d normally always want Wednesday to win but if we accept we`re not likely to catch United then we could do with keeping the Owls well behind us - if they were to win they`d only be four points behind us and we still have to go to Hillsborough.

Much as it pains me to say it, a Blades win for me I think.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The Sheffield derby is a tough one to know what we want this time round. I`d normally always want Wednesday to win but if we accept we`re not likely to catch United then we could do with keeping the Owls well behind us - if they were to win they`d only be four points behind us and we still have to go to Hillsborough.

Much as it pains me to say it, a Blades win for me I think.

Got a draw writ allover it.....

5 hours ago, daored said:

@Owl Visiting wants your thoughts on tomorrow’s game? With Derby on Saturday do you think your in the mix for the play offs ?

Feeling quite confident, and I never am for derbies. Our season is pretty much over as it stands, there's too many teams above us to make the playoffs now. We'll need to win the next 4 or 5 to get into contention and bearing in mind we've got something like like 8 of the top 10 still to play it looks highly unlikely. 

We're a different side to earlier in the season though, and are actually playing well at the moment. It's crazy to think if we were 4 points better off we'd be right in the mix, when you consider how rubbish we've been this season really. It'll probably be another draw tomorrow but got a feeling we might just nick it. Think they'll go up automatically though whatever happens.

If we can finish in the top 10 our fans will be pleased, and can go into next season feeling optimistic. 

Archived