IGNORED

semenyo - how big is he?

southvillekiddy

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Southville,  what on earth has Lita and Danny Boy got to do with Sem and the best coach we've had since the 70s?

It's a parallel situation mate. I've never understood how a promising young player gets the experience to develop into a first team regular unless they start games. Some managers try to be clever/cute/coy whatever with subs. (What really is the point in putting someone on for 5 minutes?). (I was really pleased that LJ put Antoine on after 53 minutes on saturday but now I want him to go further and start him regularly)

A regular pattern with Managers is to try someone like Semenyo out when it's too late, the game's gone, we're a goal or two down and we've got nothing to lose???

Why not put an exciting player like him on at the beginning and get the lead?? You can always play more defensively after that in protecting a lead.

I've not got the stats but Lita was brought on as a sub in the way I have described for what seemed like years, even though we all knew that he could score goals.Wilson preferred to play Peacock (who by the way I greatly admired) when he was past his best rather than start with Lita. I've heard that Wilson didn't think that Lita was yet strong enough to do what we most of us knew he obviously could do from the start of a game. 

Semenyo has shown that he's got it, both playing for Newport and now for us as a sub, so why not be really bold and give him the start he now deserves.

Okay, here's another inspiring example for you of a manager showing that when a player is good enough he's old enough. Busby started Charlton when he was 19 before the substitution system was even thought of and he scored two goals on his debut.

Taller than I imagined. Very confident and strong without being bulky. Would imagine the majority of players wouldn’t find it easy to play against him, but probably try to hack him down. Not sure how he would fair against these type players, at Preston they were tiring and he just danced around them.

I thought he looked controlled, hard to explain what I mean, like his head could see a move and he could think quickly and get his legs to do what he wanted. Quite a different player to Diedhiou but they did link up well.

Archived