IGNORED

Penalty

42nite

52 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I would rather miss the "YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS.....oh...whoa...no...oh....YYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS"  that comes when your keeper saves a penalty, followed by a goalmouth scramble, followed by your defender finally hoofing the ball to safety.  One of the great noises of the game.

I quite like the other side of it (providing it doesn't happen to us). Keeper saves it, fans cheer, player tucks in the rebound, other fans cheer. 

3 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

If referee's enforced the encroachment rules that are in place now then it would stop encroachment, I think they are worried that every penalty taken will have to be re-taken when they start using VAR.

Or planning for the all the extra penalties that will probably be awarded using VAR.

10 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

All they have to do if worried about encroachment, is bring in a law that the non penalty taking players (bar the defending keeper) have to be ten yards further back from the penalty area. I.E. 28 yards away from the goal. They could even use their fancy spray to mark a guide line.

It’s taken me the best part of a day to come up with the solution and you beat me to it by 7 minutes.

1 hour ago, Super said:

The one that gets on my nerves is the keeper being able to retake a goal kick if it doesn't go outside of the Area. Should be a free kick to the opposition if it happens.

I've always wondered why more teams don't use this as a time-wasting tool. 

They could waste a good minute on each kick by accidentally receiving the kick inside the box a couple of times, and playing on for a bit until they finally realise the ref has stopped play... 

7 minutes ago, underhanded said:

One of the most exciting ends to a game in recent memory wouldn't happen under this rule. 

A friend of mine was at uni with a Leicester fan during this and he filmed his reaction from the penality onwards. I would of missed that piece of comedy gold as well.

Not a fan!

Absolutely. I remember watching that and I didn't really care who won but I was screaming OMG!  Amazing.

18 minutes ago, underhanded said:

One of the most exciting ends to a game in recent memory wouldn't happen under this rule. 

A friend of mine was at uni with a Leicester fan during this and he filmed his reaction from the penality onwards. I would of missed that piece of comedy gold as well.

Not a fan!

Not a fan either.

When a free kick is taken, the ball is then in play and subject to the normal laws of the game until either another offence is committed, the ball goes out of play by crossing the side or goal lines or the ref blows for half time or full time. A penalty is just a free kick awarded for an offence inside the penalty area, so how can the way it is taken, and what happens thereafter, be regarded and treated differently from a  free kick anywhere else on the pitch?

Under this proposal, to award a kick to the defending team on the 6 yard line seems to indicate that hitting the post or the keeper means the ball has been deemed to have gone out of play - which it hasn't - or that the attacking team has been penalised - but for what? 

This just seems to be the latest way ( after VAR) for the rule makers to stop the free flowing nature of football - perhaps they just want to create more situations on which the pundits can pontificate or to create breaks in play for advertisers to plug their wares.

What joker came up with that hair brained idea? 

Archived