IGNORED

Happy Louis Donowa Day

'Orns

Loved that game, I was there bouncing around, I am generally happy about there only being one team in Bristol now, but I do missed the true derby days and it being a competitive match. For me Cardiff or any other "derby" is not the same feeling I used to get when we played the gas. 

30 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Was in b block of the dolman right at the back, ended up half way down after that goal went in, was trying to explain the atmosphere to my 2 lads a while back , sadly I don’t think their ever experience anything like it nowerdays, games changed.

To be fair, the noise when Korey's goal against United, and Joe Bryan's against Rovers in the JPT come quite close. 

2 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes when roberts scored against hartlepool i dont recall the refs name but he said this.

Ive reffed at the nou camp, wembley, anfield etc but ive never heard noise like that when bristol city scored thier second goal.

Careful, we’re starting to sound like Rovers fans

24 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes when roberts scored against hartlepool i dont recall the refs name but he said this.

Ive reffed at the nou camp, wembley, anfield etc but ive never heard noise like that when bristol city scored thier second goal.

That was Graham Poll;

''There has been much debate over the past couple of weeks about the validity and fairness of the play-offs. Last week I refereed my first play-off match at Ashton Gate, the Second Division semi-final second leg between Bristol City and Hartlepool.

Despite my refereeing experiences around the world, I cannot recall a greater contrast between players than at the final whistle. Bristol City, who had scored two late goals to qualify, were ecstatic, while all connected with Hartlepool were in despair. The noise within the stadium when the two home goals went in was incredible and compared favourably with a full Nou Camp for a Champions League quarter-final''

the above is taken from an interview that Graham Poll did with the daily Telegraph, enough said really

14 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

My mate is a leyton orient fan and he came in the dolman with me when basso saved a penalty against watford in 2008 i think?

It was some pretty sexy football, no surpises you and your mate were aroused.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Correct. I'm gonna blame spell check on that. No way I'd get the great means name wrong!

His real first name.....Brian!

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I thought Donowa was great when I was a kid, was he actually decent?

Weird that he played in Spain, Holland, Finland and Scotland!

My memories of him was that he was pretty hopeless, but he was ‘our’ hopeless. His lack of everything is certainly forgiven because of that goal, and he will go down in history and rightly so.

I was certainly squashed in the Eastend that night.

A memorable night indeed. I was in the section of the East End right behind the goal - absolute mayhem after the penalty save and more so after Donowa’s winner. It was very satisfying to beat them after a few years when they had kicked and elbowed their way to results against us.  When Andy Leaning saved Hollowhead’s penalty there was just that feeling it was going to be our night.

For what it’s worth, I remember Donowa as a decent enough player and a good crosser. I might be wrong but I can’t recall him being with us for long. 

Archived