IGNORED

So how do YOU deal with a defeat?

Bristol is red

Curious, when we lose how it affects people?

After we lose a game, usually there's little point talking to me until the evening and the misses knows it ? the next couple of days I won't bother looking at anything BCFC, very subdued feeling to us yet as soon as match day arrives again all is forgiven and the excitement suddendly returns! I find it all very odd to myself.

9 minutes ago, Bristol is red said:

After we lose a game, usually there's little point talking to me until the evening and the misses knows it ? the next couple of days I won't bother looking at anything BCFC, very subdued feeling to us yet as soon as match day arrives again all is forgiven and the excitement suddendly returns! I find it all very odd to myself.

Pretty much this.

Stupid isn’t it ?

Particularly for me 600 miles away in another country .

Why should it matter to me ? 

I then try to rationalise the loss , looking for the positives then by Monday night start to look forward to another drama but with hopefully a better result .

Saturday night was the fiftieth birthday of one of my friends and until we equalised I had no desire to go to his party . Losing to those horrible Preston lot again was too much to take.

My name’s Major Isewater and I support Bristol City .

13 minutes ago, Bristol is red said:

Lee, you appear to be taking the job far too seriously...

You need to de-stress before you give yourself an ulcer, best treatment is to have a regular read of the Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread …. Works a treat! ?

I was a bit stumped after the Norwich defeat. 

I had completely forgotten how to react to such an occurance..!

So, I did some research to see how other fans do it. 

I’m now awaiting prosecution  for punching 2 police horses, a criminal damage charge for head butting a passing mini bus and a sexual assault charge for groping a mother down by the shops..! 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m now awaiting prosecution  for punching 2 police horses, a criminal damage charge for head butting a passing mini bus and a sexual assault charge for groping a mother down by the shops..! 

Post deserves a 'round of applause'  @Bar BS3 a 'like' is not enough...  :clap:

It depends, if it becomes a habit (SOD) then I tend to try not to give a shit and just try and enjoy the day up until the football. 

At the moment I tend to come on here and try and pick up the analysts perspective and try and make sense of it looking for the positive logical people. 

But no matter what I always get really moody to the point where I don't really want to speak to anyone at least for 5 hours.

As my wife will tell you, I'm a miserable bastard when we lose.

• Barely talk to anyone for the rest of the day
  • Don't watch any highlights of any games that day
  • Stay away from OTIB for at least a couple of days, as it is a seriously depressing place after a loss
  • Ignore anything BCFC related for a couple of days

Denial, basically. 

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Very restrained and mature attitude, I'm impressed by your sense of self control.................now if i could just loosen the straps on this straitjacket before the guards return, I could then...........................

Some people head straight for the airing cupboard and get the bedsheets out. 

Some people instantly blame LJ

Some people blame the ref 

Some people identify the scapegoat 

Some people do all of the above!

Some people do all of the above when we win too!!!

Defeat doesn’t bother as much as it used to. As others have said I’ve got used to it over 50+ years. 

I naturally feel a sense of disappointment and avoid watching highlights if I can but that’s about it.

By the next day I’m looking at the next fixture.......

2 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

When watching on a stream at home: type obscenities in the forum chatroom, say bye to the regulars, log off, and go about my day.

When at the game: shout obscenities at whoever I think is the scapegoat, leave my seat, walk to North Street, and go about my day. 

I shut off from football after we lose, try to forget it and eventually look forward to the next game. I used to get so wound up over it and remember smashing my phone up by throwing it against the wall after we conceded a last minute equaliser against MK a few years back! 

Archived