IGNORED

So how do YOU deal with a defeat?

Bristol is red

11 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

I shut off from football after we lose, try to forget it and eventually look forward to the next game. I used to get so wound up over it and remember smashing my phone up by throwing it against the wall after we conceded a last minute equaliser against MK a few years back! 

I once drop kicked the remote directly in to a brand new telly a few years ago when we lost to Barnsley.

1 hour ago, REDLEE said:

I shut off from football after we lose, try to forget it and eventually look forward to the next game. I used to get so wound up over it and remember smashing my phone up by throwing it against the wall after we conceded a last minute equaliser against MK a few years back! 

Yes I remember that Mk game well and probably worse than a last minute loss, as 2 points dropped when we really needed them.

I usually feel pretty miserable for a while after we lose and avoid looking at anything football related (other than this forum). I get more fed up after some defeats than I do after others - this season for example I was absolutely livid after the home loss v Preston (probably because we were so utterly abysmal), but a bit more pragmatic after Brum beat us last week (we were poor then too but gave it more of a go). 

I avoid all the football highlights and remind myself that you are going to lose a game once in a while - not many teams go the whole season unbeaten (I think Arsenal did once but it’s very rare). 

That playoff final defeat to Hull was the worst ever - so close and then .......... nothing!

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I avoid all the football highlights and remind myself that you are going to lose a game once in a while - not many teams go the whole season unbeaten (I think Arsenal did once but it’s very rare). 

That playoff final defeat to Hull was the worst ever - so close and then .......... nothing!

I was over that one by the time I made it back to the pub in Marylebone. The defeat in Cardiff festered for way, way longer.

21 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I was over that one by the time I made it back to the pub in Marylebone. The defeat in Cardiff festered for way, way longer.

Vs Brighton? With Leon Knight scoring?

that was gutting too - but I was listening on the radio to that one - plus it was only to get into the Championship not the Prem. 

Had to go out for a run after losing at Norwich the other week. Didn’t really bother about the 6 Nations after either. Was proper naused off as it was a great game and we were playing really well. Usually though I just sulk. Or drink. Or sulk AND drink! 

However. When we are winning I can’t get enough of watching any football that’s on! Foreign matches suddenly seem like a great way to pass a bit of time and I’m always checking  to see what games are on. 

In short. Life’s better when we’re winning. 

I'm a lot better now than when I was a kid. I once went straight to bed when the other lot beat us 1-0 in the last minute. And when they beat us 4-0 under Malcolm Allison I put my shirt in the bin.  My Mrs keeps quite for a few hours and then comes out with "city lost again then". I don't read the match report in the Sunday independent or football league paper, I'm normally good to go by Monday evening when twentypence is on! Lols 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was a bit stumped after the Norwich defeat. 

I had completely forgotten how to react to such an occurance..!

So, I did some research to see how other fans do it. 

I’m now awaiting prosecution  for punching 2 police horses, a criminal damage charge for head butting a passing mini bus and a sexual assault charge for groping a mother down by the shops..! 

Cheer yourself up with some boob cricket

9 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

Curious, when we lose how it affects people?

After we lose a game, usually there's little point talking to me until the evening and the misses knows it ? the next couple of days I won't bother looking at anything BCFC, very subdued feeling to us yet as soon as match day arrives again all is forgiven and the excitement suddendly returns! I find it all very odd to myself.

I normally like to stay cool, calm and collected 

You won't ever see me over reacting....

There are some defeats even from a long time ago where I still haven’t been able to bring myself to watch the goals....namely Wembley defeats v Mansfield and Stoke, play off final defeats v Brighton and Hull and defeats against the fewers. More recently, last season’s home game v Wolves is one where I have no intention of seeing the goals again.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

You checked up ?

You actually checked up ?

**** me that is very sad.

(it was a cup game btw)

Nope, I’ve got a great memory....but I thought you never looked at OTIB or posted on here after a defeat - didn’t know you were selective about which defeats count....I can’t recall this thread mentioning that cup defeats don’t count....and others have included cup defeats in their disappointments (above) - so, you posted a load of guff but it’s ‘sad’ that you got pulled up on it?! Anyway....it matters not, the gas are losing at home... !

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nope, I’ve got a great memory....but I thought you never looked at OTIB or posted on here after a defeat - didn’t know you were selective about which defeats count....I can’t recall this thread mentioning that cup defeats don’t count....and others have included cup defeats in their disappointments (above) - so, you posted a load of guff but it’s ‘sad’ that you got pulled up on it?! Anyway....it matters not, the gas are losing at home... !

Tit.

Archived