IGNORED

What's your most iconic/favourite City photo of all time

Unan

4 hours ago, Offside said:

This picture of John Galley was taken several years before I was born but I’ve always loved it. 

C77033D4-121E-4B95-AB7F-3182FB0CFF36.jpeg

Always loved that picture ,just says it all about John Galley .If he was upfront for us now we would probably be in top two ,great centre forward.I mean at the age he was then btw not the age he is now .

31 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

Always loved that picture ,just says it all about John Galley .If he was upfront for us now we would probably be in top two ,great centre forward.I mean at the age he was then btw not the age he is now .

As we would be with this guy up front .....

1 hour ago, Barry Sheene said:

download.jpeg

4 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Some great pics on here. Great idea for a thread. Two of my faves.

E593F983-5D69-4B2A-9CB7-351A8F24E55A.jpeg

141C655E-09ED-4D68-A4F1-23325F936FAB.jpeg

Showing the other side of the coin, a picture that always stuck with me was Brian Tinnion sitting on the bench alone after the match when we had just got dicked by Swansea 7-1. It was a real 'no no no, I don't want to see this' image

26 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Showing the other side of the coin, a picture that always stuck with me was Brian Tinnion sitting on the bench alone after the match when we had just got dicked by Swansea 7-1. It was a real 'no no no, I don't want to see this' image

Thanks for not posting the pic. Just the thought of that sends a shiver through me! 

14 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I have a feeling it was versus Aldershot.

Iconic picture. I remember being a paper boy for Alan Roberts Newsagents and good old Alan had it pinned up by the cash till area. Anyone got the image?

6 minutes ago, devoncider said:

A lot of these are the big evening kick offs - there is definitely something special about AG (old & new) under the lights.

There is a certain element of photography that is lost these days. With digital you can reel off 100 shots of one moment and choose the right one. With film you had far less and those ironic images are testimony to the skill of the photographer. Not taking anything away from today’s folks as still takes a lot of skill but with editing etc they’re almost too perfect.  Guess that’s why I still love taking out the film camera from time to time - it’s a lost art 

Archived