IGNORED

Leeds Fan in Peace 2, 3, 4, i cant remember

Cjay

Hello?

Business end of the season is here, poor form in 3 or 4 games could potentially undo a whole seasons good work. ?

You went on a fantastic run, but the last 5 games has you 2 wins 1 draw 2 defeats 11th placed in the form table, but if you extend that to 10 games you're 5th, 19 points. 

We have had a stuttering time recently, although things have picked up last 5 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat, 2 ppg average. But if we extend that to 10 games then we slide down the table to 9th with 4 defeats in our last 10 which means half of our defeats this season have come in our last 10 games. 

So, last time i was here it was a bit depressed, Lee Johnson was not popular (he picked a player because you sang about him), but after our game you went on a 15 game unbeaten run in all competitions and surged up the table. 

Now form has slipped a bit, although 2 of the sides you lost to are top 6 for form over the last 6 games so not all bad. 

So Lee Johnson, happy with him? Promotion seemed a pipe dream when we last met, how about now? Finally and most importantly, the game on Saturday, thoughts? Confident? 

Thanks in advance. ?

Cjay

Oh and i know someone didn't get to where they are today by talking to opposition fans or something, i remember that bit. ?

Undoubtedly a tough game but LJ and the squad seem to thrive on being up against it.

Could go either way.......a draw is a likely result I reckon.

With regard to LJ - Personally I’ve been fairly neutral  but at the same time patient and recently that patience has been  paying off.

LJ - Still not 100% covinced he's the messiah, but he's clearly learning. I'm happy for it to be here so long as we get constant improvement and don't stagnate and end up like Reading, a club who are firmly Championship with the odd surge up the table.

Promotion - I'd be disappointed if we don't end up in the play offs, but like I said, most people will be happy with improvement on last season. We're a laid back bunch, Bristolians, he might get a few grumbles if we don't finish top 6 but I think most are realistic about the constraints we are under generally. He's not gonna get forced out, put it that way.

Saturday - Fancy us hugely. Not an ego thing, just got some classic BCFC misplaced confidence. Antoine to come on and score a brace. You're a good side with the second best centre half partership in the division (behind our colossuses), and some outrageously good players (Hernandez, Roofe, Alioski) plus easily the best manager in the whole division. Really admire the trust placed in youth at Leeds recently, and it's clearly paying off.

LJ's Threshing Machine 3-2 Toshiba British Intelligence: Spying.... for you.

Hope that kills you ent it?

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Hello?

Business end of the season is here, poor form in 3 or 4 games could potentially undo a whole seasons good work. ?

You went on a fantastic run, but the last 5 games has you 2 wins 1 draw 2 defeats 11th placed in the form table, but if you extend that to 10 games you're 5th, 19 points. 

We have had a stuttering time recently, although things have picked up last 5 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat, 2 ppg average. But if we extend that to 10 games then we slide down the table to 9th with 4 defeats in our last 10 which means half of our defeats this season have come in our last 10 games. 

So, last time i was here it was a bit depressed, Lee Johnson was not popular (he picked a player because you sang about him), but after our game you went on a 15 game unbeaten run in all competitions and surged up the table. 

Now form has slipped a bit, although 2 of the sides you lost to are top 6 for form over the last 6 games so not all bad. 

So Lee Johnson, happy with him? Promotion seemed a pipe dream when we last met, how about now? Finally and most importantly, the game on Saturday, thoughts? Confident? 

Thanks in advance. ?

Cjay

Oh and i know someone didn't get to where they are today by talking to opposition fans or something, i remember that bit. ?

Welcome back CJ .

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Hello?

Thanks in advance. ?

Cjay

We , I believe like yourselves, worry that we won’t have enough fire power to get over the line. That was until a young youth product took to the field and suddenly became our saviour ! 

Look out for Antoine Semenyo, 12 year old wonder kid ! 

As for Saturday , I think we might restrict you to a draw.

We have become , generally, hard to beat , think Middlesbrough without the parachute payments and that’s pretty much where we are. 

We have a good spirit at the club and your boys will need to be at it to get anything.

As I always say «  the early bird favours the bold « 

Lee Johnson - fanbase still split, as with just about every other club in the world. Promotion - we're 6th so it's obviously not the pipe dream it was but we're football fans so some think we'll go up, some don't. Saturday - we've been on a great run, slipped, turned it round, so we might win, lose or draw. Pretty much covers it.

Leeds:

Like Ayling, obviously.  Really dislike Alioski, sly little sod....hope we get a ref who spots his antics and his little off the ball stuff.

Really like Kalvin Phillips...shame you’ve had to play him at CB...but now back in midfield.

Hernandez has Prem quality and will drift around into positions that will hurt us.  Pack needs to be aware when he drifts central.

Bamford, need to make sure we don’t go deep, because he’ll hurt us with clever movement and touch, but he generally won’t out-run Kalas or Webster.

Not see much of Klich, but scored some important goals.

I’d take a boring 0-0.

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Undoubtedly a tough game but LJ and the squad seem to thrive on being up against it.

Could go either way.......a draw is a likely result I reckon.

With regard to LJ - Personally I’ve been fairly neutral  but at the same time patient and recently that patience has been  paying off.

He has improved your league position each season hasnt he? 

Thats a good sign.

17 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

LJ - Still not 100% covinced he's the messiah, but he's clearly learning. I'm happy for it to be here so long as we get constant improvement and don't stagnate and end up like Reading, a club who are firmly Championship with the odd surge up the table.

Promotion - I'd be disappointed if we don't end up in the play offs, but like I said, most people will be happy with improvement on last season. We're a laid back bunch, Bristolians, he might get a few grumbles if we don't finish top 6 but I think most are realistic about the constraints we are under generally. He's not gonna get forced out, put it that way.

Saturday - Fancy us hugely. Not an ego thing, just got some classic BCFC misplaced confidence. Antoine to come on and score a brace. You're a good side with the second best centre half partership in the division (behind our colossuses), and some outrageously good players (Hernandez, Roofe, Alioski) plus easily the best manager in the whole division. Really admire the trust placed in youth at Leeds recently, and it's clearly paying off.

LJ's Threshing Machine 3-2 Toshiba British Intelligence: Spying.... for you.

Hope that kills you ent it?

He seems to have done a good job from the outside looking in. Season on season league improvement, some cup runs, not letting the loss of key players impact performances, pretty good really.

If you had to decide now, do you think you will make the playoffs? If you had to put money on it.

I'd be surprised if you didnt make the playoffs now, the chasing pack are stuttering a bit and your nearest rivals were extremely poor last night, that being said you guys have said in the past you are very streaky, win a few then lose a few. 

Confidence is good, whatever happens it wont define our seasons but we both need the win really. How do you think you will setup? 

The WBA performance gave me great confidence tbh.

Didnt realise you had the 2nd best defence.

Do like the faith we have in youth, havent had much choice tbf, injuries and what not but they certainly havent let us down.

18 minutes ago, Cjay said:

He has improved your league position each season hasnt he? 

Thats a good sign.

Not a god sign to all City fans........you wouldn’t believe some of the utterly ridiculous criticism LJ has been subjected to. 

Those critics base their opinion on a game to game basis....win and there’d be no comments. Lose and the daggers were immediately out............:facepalm:

The wider picture is beyond their comprehension.

17 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

We are still top six and hope we gonna finish there when the last game in the leauge are played. The team and LJ have done it very well so far. Think its gonna be a good game saturday. Can go either way ofcause but I have a feeling we win 2--1.

That game near the end of April vs Derby looks like being crucial for you. Had nothing against Derby till Frank acted like a baby, hope you get top 6 and they don't.

You may do, be interesting to see how you approachit style wise and tactically.

17 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We , I believe like yourselves, worry that we won’t have enough fire power to get over the line. That was until a young youth product took to the field and suddenly became our saviour ! 

Look out for Antoine Semenyo, 12 year old wonder kid ! 

As for Saturday , I think we might restrict you to a draw.

We have become , generally, hard to beat , think Middlesbrough without the parachute payments and that’s pretty much where we are. 

We have a good spirit at the club and your boys will need to be at it to get anything.

As I always say «  the early bird favours the bold « 

Yeah that's basically it, we have one fit senior striker and the WBA game was our first clinical one for ages, if we had been that clinical all season like Norwich we'd be well in front.

Heard of him, was on loan somewhere wasnt he? Is he a big unit target man or pacey last shoulder sort?

Should have beat Boro away, if we were clinical like the WBA game we would, gives me hope. I didn't know your defence was so strong tbh, big fan of Kalas.

Bit worried about the pace of O'Dowda, got to close him down and not let him get moving.

I did notice your home form is actually quite poor in comparison to your league position,  18th only, it seems to be that thats letting you down? 

I'm sure we will need to be, wont be an easy game for sure, not sure I'll have a stream either.

16 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Lee Johnson - fanbase still split, as with just about every other club in the world. Promotion - we're 6th so it's obviously not the pipe dream it was but we're football fans so some think we'll go up, some don't. Saturday - we've been on a great run, slipped, turned it round, so we might win, lose or draw. Pretty much covers it.

Surprised really, given he has improved your position season on season, is it frustration because of your streaky nature or his selections? 

Ha very true, some of us are wildly confident one week then wrist slitting the next.

I think you're right, one of those will happen.?

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Leeds:

Like Ayling, obviously.  Really dislike Alioski, sly little sod....hope we get a ref who spots his antics and his little off the ball stuff.

Really like Kalvin Phillips...shame you’ve had to play him at CB...but now back in midfield.

Hernandez has Prem quality and will drift around into positions that will hurt us.  Pack needs to be aware when he drifts central.

Bamford, need to make sure we don’t go deep, because he’ll hurt us with clever movement and touch, but he generally won’t out-run Kalas or Webster.

Not see much of Klich, but scored some important goals.

I’d take a boring 0-0.

Very fortunate to still be a regular Ayling, been very iffy this season, one of the biggest frustrations. Ali has been our best player since moving to left back, absolutely unstoppable, never seen anyone run so much and he is a real threat offensively.

Been good Phillips, Bielsa has found a niche for him, he isnt perfect but much improved and protects the defence well.

Hernandez will, by and large we struggle when he struggles, keep him quiet you have a great chance.

Bamford for the first time looked  fully fit vs WBA, 4 shots 2 goals. It was his link play that impressed most though and his strength. He drops deep or wide and we can end up with Klich up front or Roberts. Roberts is a quick and tricky customer who was excellent vs WBA. If we are as fluid as we were against WBA will be interesting to see how you cope, hard to man mark if players are swapping positions.

Klich is very intelligent, very good at finding space and rarely loses the ball, bit of an unsung hero.

Am worried that you will sit back and smack us on the break, you have real energy in your side, that concerns me.

15 hours ago, fatchers said:

I think it depends how we start the first half. If we start like some of our home games , I fear we could be 2-0 down by half time. I think a draw .

I fear you will stifle us and nick a goal, we really struggle when teams sit deep and narrow, its been the way to beat us and most teams do it. Thats why 1st goal is vital for us, it stops teams doing that and forces them to come out thus creating space.

46 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Yeah that's basically it, we have one fit senior striker and the WBA game was our first clinical one for ages, if we had been that clinical all season like Norwich we'd be well in front.

Heard of him, was on loan somewhere wasnt he? Is he a big unit target man or pacey last shoulder sort?

Should have beat Boro away, if we were clinical like the WBA game we would, gives me hope. I didn't know your defence was so strong tbh, big fan of Kalas.

Bit worried about the pace of O'Dowda, got to close him down and not let him get moving.

I did notice your home form is actually quite poor in comparison to your league position,  18th only, it seems to be that thats letting you down? 

I'm sure we will need to be, wont be an easy game for sure, not sure I'll have a stream either.

We don’t really know how to describe Semenyo’s play because at Newport he was played on the wing and he’s only played twice for us.

He is a big lad with a low centre of gravity and is positive in his actions . 

He linked up nicely with Diedhiou and looks very promising.

We seem to have a bit of an identity problem at home . We like good football at Ashton Gate and turn our red noses up at those more pragmatic sides from Pulis, Warnock and company.

We don’t mind stinking out away grounds but at home we feel we have to entertain and can be caught out .

I am delighted with how this season has panned out and this could be a good game to test our ambitions.

Win , we may just feel that automatic is a slim possibility.

Draw , we’ll feel that top six is ours .

Lose , Special offers available on bulk purchases of Isewater’s Squeaky Bum Oil !

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not a god sign to all City fans........you wouldn’t believe some of the utterly ridiculous criticism LJ has been subjected to. 

Those critics base their opinion on a game to game basis....win and there’d be no comments. Lose and the daggers were immediately out............:facepalm:

The wider picture is beyond their comprehension.

Yeah, so many people miss the point.....

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We don’t really know how to describe Semenyo’s play because at Newport he was played on the wing and he’s only played twice for us.

He is a big lad with a low centre of gravity and is positive in his actions . 

He linked up nicely with Diedhiou and looks very promising.

We seem to have a bit of an identity problem at home . We like good football at Ashton Gate and turn our red noses up at those more pragmatic sides from Pulis, Warnock and company.

We don’t mind stinking out away grounds but at home we feel we have to entertain and can be caught out .

I am delighted with how this season has panned out and this could be a good game to test our ambitions.

Win , we may just feel that automatic is a slim possibility.

Draw , we’ll feel that top six is ours .

Lose , Special offers available on bulk purchases of Isewater’s Squeaky Bum Oil !

Sounds promising, just hope if he comes on we can handle him since he will have a bit of an unknown factor, maybe rough him up a bit. 

I rate Diedhiou tbh, big, strong, decent pace, i think he has a big future ahead of him, certainly need to be aggressive against him not allow him to bully us. 

Should play into our hands then, we tend to do very well against teams that want to play football and come out against us, its the Pulis teams as you do that we struggle with, we've had over 70% possession in quite a few games, its ridiculous. 

Its a crucial game for us, we should be safe now in the playoffs but a win and that should really solidify it for us, wont be easy as you have your own ambitions that need points to. And we really need to win to keep the pressure on Norwich and keep the Blades at bay. 

haha, just have to see, quite like Bristol City, a respect, a few teams i respect in this league but i do hope you lose badly, we need the goal difference, nothing personal. ?

This may be of interest to some people. 

Archived