IGNORED

Leeds Fan in Peace 2, 3, 4, i cant remember

Cjay

3 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Select any page in this forum over approximately the last 100 pages & we'll let you conclude on the happy / not happy consensus. Not an easy task.

No i can see that, divides opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Sounds promising, just hope if he comes on we can handle him since he will have a bit of an unknown factor, maybe rough him up a bit. 

I rate Diedhiou tbh, big, strong, decent pace, i think he has a big future ahead of him, certainly need to be aggressive against him not allow him to bully us. 

Should play into our hands then, we tend to do very well against teams that want to play football and come out against us, its the Pulis teams as you do that we struggle with, we've had over 70% possession in quite a few games, its ridiculous. 

Its a crucial game for us, we should be safe now in the playoffs but a win and that should really solidify it for us, wont be easy as you have your own ambitions that need points to. And we really need to win to keep the pressure on Norwich and keep the Blades at bay. 

haha, just have to see, quite like Bristol City, a respect, a few teams i respect in this league but i do hope you lose badly, we need the goal difference, nothing personal. ?

This may be of interest to some people. 

In a way this doesn't surprise me- you remind me of Wolves a bit for one, not so much in terms of players but structure- defensive structure of h. Think you conceded 1 shot on target v WBA at home, a free scoring side like that.

In other words, you have conceded more goals than your performances merit. Interesting.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not a god sign to all City fans........you wouldn’t believe some of the utterly ridiculous criticism LJ has been subjected to. 

Those critics base their opinion on a game to game basis....win and there’d be no comments. Lose and the daggers were immediately out............:facepalm:

The wider picture is beyond their comprehension.

You don't actually know that, or any of those fans you talk about, so best you shut the hell up until you do. :dunno: 

26 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Sounds promising, just hope if he comes on we can handle him since he will have a bit of an unknown factor, maybe rough him up a bit. 

I rate Diedhiou tbh, big, strong, decent pace, i think he has a big future ahead of him, certainly need to be aggressive against him not allow him to bully us. 

Should play into our hands then, we tend to do very well against teams that want to play football and come out against us, its the Pulis teams as you do that we struggle with, we've had over 70% possession in quite a few games, its ridiculous. 

Its a crucial game for us, we should be safe now in the playoffs but a win and that should really solidify it for us, wont be easy as you have your own ambitions that need points to. And we really need to win to keep the pressure on Norwich and keep the Blades at bay. 

haha, just have to see, quite like Bristol City, a respect, a few teams i respect in this league but i do hope you lose badly, we need the goal difference, nothing personal. ?

This may be of interest to some people. 

You rough up Semenyo you’ll have his mum after you. 

For me, it depends on whether Maenpaa is fit. No disrespect to Max but Niki is our number 1 and contributed hugely to our unbeaten run. Max hasn’t been getting many games so isn’t likely to be as ‘sharp’. 

I can’t believe that Frankie is injured again - Out for the remainder of the season according to LJ :(

Basically - with Maenpaa either a city win or draw. Without Maenpaa either a draw or a city defeat (but always hoping for the win of course!!!)

19 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

For me, it depends on whether Maenpaa is fit. No disrespect to Max but Niki is our number 1 and contributed hugely to our unbeaten run. Max hasn’t been getting many games so isn’t likely to be as ‘sharp’. 

I can’t believe that Frankie is injured again - Out for the remainder of the season according to LJ :(

Basically - with Maenpaa either a city win or draw. Without Maenpaa either a draw or a city defeat (but always hoping for the win of course!!!)

My understanding is that Maenpaa should be fine.. He was taken off "as a precaution" on Saturday and Max played the full 90 in the U23 game last night and I'd imagine he wouldn't have played all the minutes if he had to play 90 minutes on Saturday as well.

I don't remember any team having such bad luck with injuries and goalkeepers as we have this season!

50 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

You don't actually know that, or any of those fans you talk about, so best you shut the hell up until you do. :dunno: 

I think you were (are) one of LJs critics loudest critics......no surprise you’ve gotten defensive.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not a god sign to all City fans........you wouldn’t believe some of the utterly ridiculous criticism LJ has been subjected to. 

Those critics base their opinion on a game to game basis....win and there’d be no comments. Lose and the daggers were immediately out............:facepalm:

The wider picture is beyond their comprehension.

I really dont think that is true with the exception possibly of some extreme cases. 

Some of the criticism over three years has been very much founded, unlike some aimed at his old man, but he has come through it. We are a very decent side, although the Birmingham defeat was a debacle.

LJ from the outside looks good, but he is extremely streaky, whether by luck or not, but anyone taking him from us best be prepared for what’s coming.

I guess we will see what the next 12 games brings, hopefully enough points for a play off run!!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In a way this doesn't surprise me- you remind me of Wolves a bit for one, not so much in terms of players but structure- defensive structure of h. Think you conceded 1 shot on target v WBA at home, a free scoring side like that.

In other words, you have conceded more goals than your performances merit. Interesting.

Yeah basically we have conceded more then we should, bad luck (3 deflected goals vs Norwich, wonder goal vs Wednesday and poor keeping etc) and we havent been clincal enough.

On a basic level we concede the fewest shots per game and have the most.

WBA was the first time where everything really came together.

Norwich are extremely clinical, thats the difference, if they ever regressed to where they should be (probably wont happen) then us and the Blades would overtake then.

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Max has been outstanding when called upon and certainly wouldn't worry if he is between the sticks Saturday.

19 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Yeah basically we have conceded more then we should, bad luck (3 deflected goals vs Norwich, wonder goal vs Wednesday and poor keeping etc) and we havent been clincal enough.

On a basic level we concede the fewest shots per game and have the most.

WBA was the first time where everything really came together.

Norwich are extremely clinical, thats the difference, if they ever regressed to where they should be (probably wont happen) then us and the Blades would overtake then.

According to your earlier chart, where Leeds are 1st in nearly all categories, we might as well just give you the points now and save the time and effort!!

That is until you look into what it actually proves, yes you have lots of possession, passes and the most shots, but you are ranked 14 & 15th in converting them, so maybe not quite so impressive after all, 

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

According to your earlier chart, where Leeds are 1st in nearly all categories, we might as well just give you the points now and save the time and effort!!

That is until you look into what it actually proves, yes you have lots of possession, passes and the most shots, but you are ranked 14 & 15th in converting them, so maybe not quite so impressive after all, 

We are 2nd with a conversion rate of a side in the bottom half, thats pretty impressive.

We aren't clinical, a source of frustration all season and it has cost us before and may do again, maybe on Saturday, certainly not taking it for granted we will beat you away.

Just saying that if we click properly like vs WBA we are imo the best side in the league, unfortunately for us that hasnt happened enough.

On 05/03/2019 at 20:37, fatchers said:

I think it depends how we start the first half. If we start like some of our home games , I fear we could be 2-0 down by half time. I think a draw .

This. 

For home games he needs to change his tactics and go at teams from the first whistle no matter who were up against especially at this stage of the season. If he doesn’t from this weekend then no Play Offs for us.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet another shite millennial phrase....and surely a millennial would not assume anyone is a ‘sir’ ?! That can get you into all sorts of trouble!

Apologies if me using a well known meme to express my approval of a witty post caused you such offence and angst.  

:facepalm:

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

I think you were (are) one of LJs critics loudest critics......no surprise you’ve gotten defensive.

Don't start thinking now at this late stage in your life

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

You’re a sharpe fecker aren’t you..........:cool2:

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think you’ll find it’s ‘sharp’....

Here's a Sharpe fecker..

sharpe.jpg.2385c4f7bba3908d3d9c5b267f6e6f4f.jpg

.but not what RR meant!

14 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

The more interesting aspect for me, IMO is that a fair few of their underlying defensive numbers are similar to Wolves last season- yet reflected in goals conceded it is not.

We can definitely get at them, but it will be tough. Statistically FWIW, them and Sheffield United are the top 2 in a number of aspects.

Hello!

Amazingly, after coming every year to AG and sitting in the home stands my best friend couldn't get two sat together so we decided there was no point.

Gutted to miss it. Hope everyone is well behaved and any (they'll be a few) Leeds fans in the home ends sit on their hands!

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Cj have you ever chucked anyone in the leeds/liverpool canal.

Cj on eggheads reckons he chucked someone in a amsterdam canal.

I wouldnt fancy getting chucked in there.

Its funny you say that . . . . . No i haven't ?

Wouldn't fancy it myself either, no canals look the most clean. 

Felt we deserved the win in the end, 1st half far the better side, didnt give you a moment to settle and tactically Bielsa out thought Johnson (who says some very odd things). 

The tactic of letting your cbs have the ball and marking there options was clever, meant you had little option but to go long and that meant a battle for 2nd balls something we excel at probably more then any other side in the league.

Some lovely play first half and deserved the lead. Thought you came into it more 2nd half where you had a bit more attacking threat. We were a more worldly wise side imo 2nd half, not so good to watch but frustrated and annoyed you with things like players having a cuddle before going off the pitch. May not be pretty but sides who know how to do that sort of thing tend to do well.

Overall thought we were well worth the win and to go to a top 6 rivals ground and limit them to just 4 shots showed a very solid and well managed performance, bit disappointed with our finishing however and had Diedhiou took that chance maybe things would have been different.

Not our most exciting performance but a disciplined one that showed a toughness that we will need in the last few games.

Think Lee Johnson made some odd choices, how did Semenyo a striker end up in a back 3 for our 1st goal?

Why play a 19 year old out of position? 

And the way he spoke after the game he implied we were lucky and he wanted to play us in the playoffs, strange.

Can see you making the playoffs, got some talented players, but Johnson needs to work out why you are so streaky, win a few then lose a few.

Thanks for the responses on this thread

Archived