IGNORED

Leeds Fan in Peace 2, 3, 4, i cant remember

Cjay

33 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Felt we deserved the win in the end, 1st half far the better side, didnt give you a moment to settle and tactically Bielsa out thought Johnson (who says some very odd things). 

The tactic of letting your cbs have the ball and marking there options was clever, meant you had little option but to go long and that meant a battle for 2nd balls something we excel at probably more then any other side in the league.

Some lovely play first half and deserved the lead. Thought you came into it more 2nd half where you had a bit more attacking threat. We were a more worldly wise side imo 2nd half, not so good to watch but frustrated and annoyed you with things like players having a cuddle before going off the pitch. May not be pretty but sides who know how to do that sort of thing tend to do well.

Overall thought we were well worth the win and to go to a top 6 rivals ground and limit them to just 4 shots showed a very solid and well managed performance, bit disappointed with our finishing however and had Diedhiou took that chance maybe things would have been different.

Not our most exciting performance but a disciplined one that showed a toughness that we will need in the last few games.

Think Lee Johnson made some odd choices, how did Semenyo a striker end up in a back 3 for our 1st goal?

Why play a 19 year old out of position? 

And the way he spoke after the game he implied we were lucky and he wanted to play us in the playoffs, strange.

Can see you making the playoffs, got some talented players, but Johnson needs to work out why you are so streaky, win a few then lose a few.

Thanks for the responses on this thread

I can answer these

The 19 year old should never have started.  A ridiculous decision made by a manager who believes his own hype.  Crazy decision

As for the streaky comment.....he hasn't worked it out to date, and its been happening for 3 years or so.  I don't expect him to discover the answer now

All the best for the season

21 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Felt we deserved the win in the end,

Yep, no arguments there.

1st half far the better side, didnt give you a moment to settle and tactically Bielsa out thought Johnson (who says some very odd things). 

You were much better 1st half.  Your players move at pace, commitment and purpose.  I actually enjoyed watching Klich and Roberts work with Bamfird to move Kalas around.  Too many of ours made movement at 70/80%.  Even throw-ins, our boys our static, yours are in the move.  It is not difficult to spend a bit of time drilling throw-in routines, so that we retain the ball.  We lose momentum every time the ball goes out in games like this.

The tactic of letting your cbs have the ball and marking there options was clever, meant you had little option but to go long and that meant a battle for 2nd balls something we excel at probably more then any other side in the league.

In some ways, yes.  In other ways had our CBs used the ball better, maybe not running into condensed areas, it would’ve brought an overlap.  But Webster ran into a cul-de-sac, and Kalas kept over-running the ball.  Webster has a good switch ball on him, but we didn’t see that yesterday, O’Dowda too static v Alioski, who let him be marked rather than make Alioski mark him.

Some lovely play first half and deserved the lead. Thought you came into it more 2nd half where you had a bit more attacking threat. We were a more worldly wise side imo 2nd half,

Aided by weak officiating.  It sounds “salty”, but your guys got away with so much.  I don’t blame your players per se, because I also blame our players for trying to play the same game...which we aren’t capable of.

not so good to watch but frustrated and annoyed you with things like players having a cuddle before going off the pitch. May not be pretty but sides who know how to do that sort of thing tend to do well.

Second half was pretty even...but you’d got the lead and the danage had been done first half.

Overall thought we were well worth the win and to go to a top 6 rivals ground and limit them to just 4 shots showed a very solid and well managed performance, bit disappointed with our finishing however and had Diedhiou took that chance maybe things would have been different.

Not our most exciting performance but a disciplined one that showed a toughness that we will need in the last few games.

Think Lee Johnson made some odd choices, how did Semenyo a striker end up in a back 3 for our 1st goal?

He started Left Forward, therefore his job to track Ayling.  He switched off.

The problem is he has played as a left forward for Newport, not a left winger, so the head-coach thinks he can play wide left.  He needs to play inside the line if the right back, closer to Diedhiou or as a natural support striker.

And the way he spoke after the game he implied we were lucky and he wanted to play us in the playoffs, strange.

Bravado.  His interviews after defeats sometime are a bit strange, but he’s improved in this area of late.

Can see you making the playoffs, got some talented players, but Johnson needs to work out why you are so streaky, win a few then lose a few.

We are still in a position most of us didn’t expect, top 10, flirting, maybe...but we are right in it.  Win tues v Ipswich and we going into the break looking up...possibly back in 6th position.  We have to go back to playing OUR game, stay tight, stay in the game as long as possible.  We can’t keep trying to turn around 0-1 at h-t...it catches up with you.

One of you, Sheffield or Norwich are heading for the play-offs, when you might rightly think you deserve to be up automatically.  That won’t be easy mentally.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

One of you, Sheffield or Norwich are heading for the play-offs, when you might rightly think you deserve to be up automatically.  That won’t be easy mentally.

On the basis of the Leeds performance yesterday (especially 1st half) it won't be them in the play-offs. The non stop running off the ball, clever tactics and outstanding performances throughout the side but especially by Alioski and Phillips (IMO) made them look like a PL side in waiting. 

Nobody in the group I go with complained about the result. We were simply outplayed and frankly (thanks to Kallas, Webster and Wright)  we were lucky to lose by only one goal.

Could have done without the time wasting in the 2nd half by Leeds though. I don't know why they do that, it just makes extra time longer and 6 mins was no surprise yesterday - during which Taylor could have lobbed their GK if only he had lofted the ball a bit more. 

Bring on Ipswich Tuesday. Likely to be a very different game. 

1 hour ago, The Red Planet said:

On the basis of the Leeds performance yesterday (especially 1st half) it won't be them in the play-offs.

On the basis of the WBA game I'd disagree.

I hope you're right, although they could be a team that sits in, causes us to struggle as we have before. I'd be tempted to play COD and Eliasson to try and stretch them. Or play 2 up front to cause them problems , Taylor for his movement along side Fam maybe, we need to try and shake it up a little.

On the basis of the Leeds performance yesterday (especially 1st half) it won't be them in the play-offs. The non stop running off the ball, clever tactics and outstanding performances throughout the side but especially by Alioski and Phillips (IMO) made them look like a PL side in waiting. 

Nobody in the group I go with complained about the result. We were simply outplayed and frankly (thanks to Kallas, Webster and Wright)  we were lucky to lose by only one goal.

Could have done without the time wasting in the 2nd half by Leeds though. I don't know why they do that, it just makes extra time longer and 6 mins was no surprise yesterday - during which Taylor could have lobbed their GK if only he had lofted the ball a bit more. 

SHOULD have lobbed the keeper, poor effort.

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

Felt we deserved the win in the end, 1st half far the better side, didnt give you a moment to settle and tactically Bielsa out thought Johnson (who says some very odd things). 

Some lovely play first half and deserved the lead. Thought you came into it more 2nd half where you had a bit more attacking threat. We were a more worldly wise side imo 2nd half, not so good to watch but frustrated and annoyed you with things like players having a cuddle before going off the pitch. May not be pretty but sides who know how to do that sort of thing tend to do well.

We weren't at the races because your lot won all but a few challenges and picked up every loose ball. Johnson usually gets out thought by more wily managers, he is a rookie you know, with only five years experience.

He threw a wild card in Semenyo and it never came off, just like the rookie keeper, who should have walked over and picked up Aylings header back across goal. Seriously, if that was aimed at the goal from that far away from him, he should have saved it easily, don't know why he didn't come out and cut it out.

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I can answer these

The 19 year old should never have started.  A ridiculous decision made by a manager who believes his own hype.  Crazy decision

As for the streaky comment.....he hasn't worked it out to date, and its been happening for 3 years or so.  I don't expect him to discover the answer now

All the best for the season

It was a brave decision from your manager but in hindsight a daft one. Own hype? Not a fan then? 

Oh so its not a new problem, 3 years of streaky results, you'd expect some idea why.

Thanks you to.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bamford has allowed us to be a bit more mobile in attack, Roofe is more of a last defender sort of fella, Paddy will move around more and come deep to try and move defenders around, worked very well vs WBA, big fan of Kalas, really classy defender.

Thought the ref was weak as well on both sides, it was a niggly scrappy game, maybe that suited us more especially 2nd half.

Agree on 2nd half, more even, we'd done what we needed to by that point although 90minutes roughly in total protecting a 1 goal lead is not something i want to go through again.

Given how attacking our full backs are that is a lot of responsibility to place on young shoulders knowing that any lapse could lead to an overload which is what we look for in the first place. 

Oh i see, maybe someone should explain the difference in responsibilities between the 2 positions to your manager because he let the young lad down imo.

Vaguely remember he did something similar when we played earlier this season, trying to come across as confident i suppose,  fair enough. 

Certainly in the mix and a great fixture to have as a bounce back opportunity. Much prefer you to Derby getting top 6, getting a bit tight around you though. 

It wont, i cant bare the thought of the playoffs, to much of a lottery. Big chance to put pressure on our 2 rivals as we play Tuesday and they play Wednesday, then a potential top 2 decider on Saturday.

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

We weren't at the races because your lot won all but a few challenges and picked up every loose ball. Johnson usually gets out thought by more wily managers, he is a rookie you know, with only five years experience.

He threw a wild card in Semenyo and it never came off, just like the rookie keeper, who should have walked over and picked up Aylings header back across goal. Seriously, if that was aimed at the goal from that far away from him, he should have saved it easily, don't know why he didn't come out and cut it out.

Stats picked up on that, more tackles and ball recoveries i read, perhaps you were a bit respectful?  

Brave tbf to Johnson and if Semenyo had been the match winner then he would be lauded for it, as it was he kind of threw him to the wolves, wrong game and wrong position it seems.

I agree, a more experienced goalie probably flings himself at Ayling's header, cant really blame the lad for youthful indecision?  

24 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Stats picked up on that, more tackles and ball recoveries i read, perhaps you were a bit respectful?  

Brave tbf to Johnson and if Semenyo had been the match winner then he would be lauded for it, as it was he kind of threw him to the wolves, wrong game and wrong position it seems.

I agree, a more experienced goalie probably flings himself at Ayling's header, cant really blame the lad for youthful indecision?  

First point I think is spot on. But we often are at home. No idea why.

There were plenty on here calling for Semenyo to start too (and others not). Unlike Johnson we have the benefit of hindsight.

Strange isn't it: when we played at Elland Road I think you had 2, maybe 3, keepers injured, and also played a very inexperienced keeper. You did a better job of protecting him that day than we did yesterday. 

Thanks for your contribution; I've a feeling we won't see you next season! All the best.

3 hours ago, Cjay said:

You’re welcome , would be lovely to think that we can have these exchanges next season .

I think he agreed we were not the best team but could have got a draw .

We need to up our game again for the run in and if we get to the Pray offs then it’s a bit of a gamble where we could do it.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

First point I think is spot on. But we often are at home. No idea why.

There were plenty on here calling for Semenyo to start too (and others not). Unlike Johnson we have the benefit of hindsight.

Strange isn't it: when we played at Elland Road I think you had 2, maybe 3, keepers injured, and also played a very inexperienced keeper. You did a better job of protecting him that day than we did yesterday. 

Thanks for your contribution; I've a feeling we won't see you next season! All the best.

I did notice a lot calling for Semenyo to start tbf, but he didnt play where he played against us on his debut did he? Think that was the real issue rather then his selection, his position.

Maybe more of a pressure on you to play "good football" at home rather then effective football away? Fans expect to be entertained at home, away from home maybe a bit more willing to accept less entertainment more effective play, perhap thats why your away and home form differs?

Yeah we had a less experienced keeper then you at Elland Road, think Huffer had about 3 professional league games to his name and we had Halme a teenager at cb and Dallas a winger at full back. Tbf we have been pretty good at protecting our keeper all season, on average we conceded the fewest shots per game. What surprised me was that in 2 games vs us this season you had 12 shots i think it was, 2 on target.

Thanks, i hope not, but far to early to count chickens.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

You’re welcome , would be lovely to think that we can have these exchanges next season .

I think he agreed we were not the best team but could have got a draw .

We need to up our game again for the run in and if we get to the Pray offs then it’s a bit of a gamble where we could do it.

Regardless of where we (either club) end up next season i think i will still pop in to the forums I'm still on, i enjoy them and have a feeling that if we get promoted some Premier league fans may be less willing to debate, just a feeling from reading a few.

It was the comment about wanting us in the playoffs i did find really weird more then anything, bravado maybe as someone said.

You do, but you are streaky and could easily win your next 4 5 6 games, its how you role.

6 hours ago, Cjay said:

Didnt think you were that good vile club vile fans think your on a par to Barcelona not sour grapes but think sheff unt are better quality and hope they get second spot to Norwich 

20 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Didnt think you were that good vile club vile fans think your on a par to Barcelona not sour grapes but think sheff unt are better quality and hope they get second spot to Norwich 

Really any need for this RTRR?

Cjay has been polite and humble, and honestly quite right in most of his observations.

OTIB is widely regarded as welcoming to sensible, respectful away fans. Save your venom for belters like RobinFridaysGhost and the like.

You do this forum a disservice

33 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I did notice a lot calling for Semenyo to start tbf, but he didnt play where he played against us on his debut did he? Think that was the real issue rather then his selection, his position.

Maybe more of a pressure on you to play "good football" at home rather then effective football away? Fans expect to be entertained at home, away from home maybe a bit more willing to accept less entertainment more effective play, perhap thats why your away and home form differs?

Yeah we had a less experienced keeper then you at Elland Road, think Huffer had about 3 professional league games to his name and we had Halme a teenager at cb and Dallas a winger at full back. Tbf we have been pretty good at protecting our keeper all season, on average we conceded the fewest shots per game. What surprised me was that in 2 games vs us this season you had 12 shots i think it was, 2 on target.

Thanks, i hope not, but far to early to count chickens.

Semenyo's debut (and only appearance for us until Preston last week) was v Sheff Utd at the end of last season. Are you thinking of Adelukan? He played at Elland Road.

53 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

No we weren't, but you didnt force us to be that good tbf.

Most Leeds fans are under no illusion as to where we are as a club tbh.

They may do and maybe we will miss out.

But as an aside we have a better record then Norwich and Blades against the top half, 1.66ppg to 1.55 for Norwich and 1.53 for Sheffield United and we have a far better record vs the top 7.

11 games 23 points, Norwich have 15 from the same amount of games and Blades have 13 points having played one game less then us and Norwich.

I understand we arent the most popular of sides but we have been the most consistent and against the better sides by far the best.

Good luck for the season.

38 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Cjay has been polite and humble, and honestly quite right in most of his observations.

OTIB is widely regarded as welcoming to sensible, respectful away fans. Save your venom for belters like RobinFridaysGhost and the like.

Its alright ?

I enjoy the more venomous posts, to be expected.

But ta anyhow.

38 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Semenyo's debut (and only appearance for us until Preston last week) was v Sheff Utd at the end of last season. Are you thinking of Adelukan? He played at Elland Road.

No i meant last week when he came on as a sub and did well apparently.

Was he playing the same role then as he did yesterday? 

Actually now you mention him, what happened to Adelukan? Was highly rated wasnt he?

2 minutes ago, Cjay said:

No i meant last week when he came on as a sub and did well apparently.

Was he playing the same role then as he did yesterday? 

No, came on and played off of Diedhiou, centrally.

Actually now you mention him, what happened to Adelukan? Was highly rated wasnt he?

Had a bad ankle injury pre-season in a behind closed door friendly v Yeovil and was out for 2-3 months.  Came back in v you and Ipswich, then absent, then back in v Rotherham, and absent again.  A few cynics think we’ve kept his minutes down because we didn’t want to pay OTT on the tribunal....which was settled last week when clubs agreed a fee with a tribunal imminent.

Personally, tribunal should sit each month....rediculous Scunny have had to wait til now to know what fee they are getting. Similar happened with Ings and Liverpool / Burnley.

11 hours ago, SX227 said:

Im not talking about this peticular guy im talking about leeds fans in general always thinking they are better than what they are two of them got smacked in the avon packett for giving it the big one most away fans in that boozer are welcomed never a problem in there 

11 hours ago, Cjay said:

No we weren't, but you didnt force us to be that good tbf.

Most Leeds fans are under no illusion as to where we are as a club tbh.

They may do and maybe we will miss out.

But as an aside we have a better record then Norwich and Blades against the top half, 1.66ppg to 1.55 for Norwich and 1.53 for Sheffield United and we have a far better record vs the top 7.

11 games 23 points, Norwich have 15 from the same amount of games and Blades have 13 points having played one game less then us and Norwich.

I understand we arent the most popular of sides but we have been the most consistent and against the better sides by far the best.

Good luck for the season.

Yes not getting at you personally mate as stated below luke ayling was part of the best footballing side in league one a while back but hes got that arrogance about him now 

Archived