IGNORED

Team for Saturday

daored

Really interesting to see how Lee sets us up on Saturday, also unclear if Mäenpää will  be fit. 

Mäenpää

Hunt Kalas Webster DaSilva

O'Dowda Brownhill Pack Weimann 

Paterson

Diédhiou

I can’t see Johnson starting Semenyo,  but imagine he will get game time at some stage (wouldn’t be surprised it starts Tuesday against Ipswich). I personally think this could be a game for Taylor to start to chase the Leeds backline and stop them building from the back 

Thoughts?

Bielsa will know your line up already ?

but if you want to know ours;

Kiko

Ayling Jannson Cooper Alioski

Phillips 

Hernandez     Klich   Roberts  Harrison

Bamford

However Alioski plays left wing, right wing, centre mid, striker

Rumour as it that he's jogging down to Ashton Gate and not going on the coach.

he should get there before the rest of the squad and still have time to put the kits out.

27 minutes ago, alaw said:

Kiko

Phillips 

Bamford

he should get there before the rest of the squad and still have time to put the kits out.

It was only a couple of weeks ago every other Leeds fan was calling Alioski a *** for his performances.

18 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

It was only a couple of weeks ago every other Leeds fan was calling Alioski a *** for his performances.

A bit like ours with Patterson? 

1 hour ago, daored said:

Really interesting to see how Lee sets us up on Saturday, also unclear if Mäenpää will  be fit. 

Mäenpää

Paterson

Diédhiou

I can’t see Johnson starting Semenyo,  but imagine he will get game time at some stage (wouldn’t be surprised it starts Tuesday against Ipswich). I personally think this could be a game for Taylor to start to chase the Leeds backline and stop them building from the back 

Thoughts?

Yep agree exactly . Can’t see him deviating from the above line up to start the game .. 

1 hour ago, alaw said:

Kiko

Phillips 

Bamford

Has Roofe fallen out of favour then? Thought he was one of your standout performers this year? :dunno:

@Super Who would you start ahead of him? 6 goals and 4 assists, plus his defensive work/pressing can have a tendency to be underrated IMO. Let's not forget 3 wrongly disallowed goals too- admittedly most of that output came in the first month but...

Still I know what you mean- Eliasson and O'Dowda in the 4-1-4-1/4-4-1-1 might be no bad thing but would we lose out defensively?

Oh yeah and on the Weimann front, not his fault I guess that he makes great runs that we don't spot. During a dull period of a game, did a bit of watching him specifically- his runs are great and early at that.

All players go through spells where you question them, the last few games Alioski as been outstanding, that's due to Bielsa playing him at left back, he as energy to burn and when on the wing he just kept running offside playing deeper allows everyone to keep up with him, he's the fittest player I've ever seen.

To keep Douglas out of the team tells you everything.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Has Roofe fallen out of favour then? Thought he was one of your standout performers this year? :dunno:

@Super Who would you start ahead of him? 6 goals and 4 assists, plus his defensive work/pressing can have a tendency to be underrated IMO. Let's not forget 3 wrongly disallowed goals too- admittedly most of that output came in the first month but...

Still I know what you mean- Eliasson and O'Dowda in the 4-1-4-1/4-4-1-1 might be no bad thing but would we lose out defensively?

Oh yeah and on the Weimann front, not his fault I guess that he makes great runs that we don't spot. During a dull period of a game, did a bit of watching him specifically- his runs are great and early at that.

He's injured pal

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Eliasson has been hard done by. I can see a case for starting Weimann  away from home but at home send out a more attacking team.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Injured isn't he?

1 minute ago, alaw said:

O'Dowda how is he playing, we were interested in him in January I believe to take on Loan, he didn't seem to be getting game time then all of a sudden he was scoring for you lads.

No chance we'd have let you have him on loan... 

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

No chance we'd have let you have him on loan... 

It would've a loan with an obligation to buy presumably like they had in place for James at Swansea. I think there's a bit of uncertainty with Radrizanni atm as his company are going through a very difficult phase, hence Leeds being reluctant to spend big in January.

24 minutes ago, alaw said:

O'Dowda how is he playing, we were interested in him in January I believe to take on Loan, he didn't seem to be getting game time then all of a sudden he was scoring for you lads.

Nowhere near as good as Roofe.

8 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

It would've a loan with an obligation to buy presumably like they had in place for James at Swansea. I think there's a bit of uncertainty with Radrizanni atm as his company are going through a very difficult phase, hence Leeds being reluctant to spend big in January.

Radrazinni squashed that rubbish, we have never spent big in January, Bielsa is the one pulling the strings with orta, he stated he wanted James from Swansea but also liked O Dowda, the Loan deals were based on us been promoted if we weren't promoted then the player was returned with whoever we loaned the player off earning 2 million for the loan, if promoted we were in for 10 million for James if that is to be believed and not sure for O Dowda but I seen his solo goal the other week and thought he looked very promising.

2 minutes ago, alaw said:

Radrazinni squashed that rubbish, we have never spent big in January, Bielsa is the one pulling the strings with orta, he stated he wanted James from Swansea but also liked O Dowda, the Loan deals were based on us been promoted if we weren't promoted then the player was returned with whoever we loaned the player off earning 2 million for the loan, if promoted we were in for 10 million for James if that is to be believed and not sure for O Dowda but I seen his solo goal the other week and thought he looked very promising.

Not sure either O'Dowda or James are really worth the numbers that were banded about but it would've been interesting to see how O'Dowda got on under Bielsa as he's got a lot of potential that he may or may not fulfil here.

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Not sure either O'Dowda or James are really worth the numbers that were banded about but it would've been interesting to see how O'Dowda got on under Bielsa as he's got a lot of potential that he may or may not fulfil here.

10 million was banded around, personally no one is worth that in the championship. I honestly think Bielsa could turn any player into something, what he's done with us a mediocre mid table team is unreal, we've only added Douglas who can't get in the team now and Bamford and a couple of loan players and we are up there but how we are playing is the most impressive. 

He has not only changed the first team, from u18s up to the first team all play with the same intensity at one point in the season he had u18s top of the league u23s top and the first team, our youth system have just gone through he roof, that's why we haven't spent big he just drags a young academy kid into the first team and expects them to know the system and to be fair it's working.

2 minutes ago, alaw said:

10 million was banded around, personally no one is worth that in the championship. I honestly think Bielsa could turn any player into something, what he's done with us a mediocre mid table team is unreal, we've only added Douglas who can't get in the team now and Bamford and a couple of loan players and we are up there but how we are playing is the most impressive. 

He has not only changed the first team, from u18s up to the first team all play with the same intensity at one point in the season he had u18s top of the league u23s top and the first team, our youth system have just gone through he roof, that's why we haven't spent big he just drags a young academy kid into the first team and expects them to know the system and to be fair it's working.

Yeah he's done a great job, the spine of your side were all there last season or even out on loan in Klich's case but he's improved all of them tenfold.

I was intrigued as to whether he'd bring his exotic 3-3-1-3 system with him and whilst earlier in the season you could see that at times Leeds transitioned into that (I went to your game vs Brum at ER and could see a full back would step in as a 3rd CB whilst the other full back overloaded the attacking side) he's respected the league and adapted really well.

I like him a lot, I think he talks far better English than he lets on as well, just a bit like Pochettino where he was reluctant to start doing his pressers in English in case words were lost in translation.

My concern is that we have struggled this season with teams that press us, which I presume Leeds will? 

In which case, will we take the game to them or will we play more of a counter-attacking game?

43 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yeah he's done a great job, the spine of your side were all there last season or even out on loan in Klich's case but he's improved all of them tenfold.

I was intrigued as to whether he'd bring his exotic 3-3-1-3 system with him and whilst earlier in the season you could see that at times Leeds transitioned into that (I went to your game vs Brum at ER and could see a full back would step in as a 3rd CB whilst the other full back overloaded the attacking side) he's respected the league and adapted really well.

I like him a lot, I think he talks far better English than he lets on as well, just a bit like Pochettino where he was reluctant to start doing his pressers in English in case words were lost in translation.

I think this is the most impressive part of Leeds , the impact he’s had on the same group of players. Just shows what a good coach can achieve 

4 hours ago, daored said:

Mäenpää

Paterson

Diédhiou

Thoughts?

I reckon you are right although personally would love to see Semanyo start alongside Fammy to really give Leeds something to think about. If we have another flat 1st half like the last 3 home games we will be losing again by HT. 

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

your spot on pal, the interaction of all the team gives us flexibility with our formation within a game, I just hope you lads don't sit back and try slow the game down, that is when we struggle. but Bielsa does speak better english than he lets on, he seems a very reserved type of bloke and very humble to even be involved in English football.

I have been impressed with how you lads have played this season to be honest I thought you gave Norwich a right game.

35 minutes ago, alaw said:

your spot on pal, the interaction of all the team gives us flexibility with our formation within a game, I just hope you lads don't sit back and try slow the game down, that is when we struggle. but Bielsa does speak better english than he lets on, he seems a very reserved type of bloke and very humble to even be involved in English football.

I have been impressed with how you lads have played this season to be honest I thought you gave Norwich a right game.

I don't think Johnson could justify that when we're at home and playing for playoff places. Morally, we should attack fire with fire, but in practice LJ could do anything.

40 minutes ago, alaw said:

See, you could’ve come on here and just had a decent discussion about football but decided to try and agitate people. To answer your question you asked in the other thread of why are Leeds hated in this country, that’s one of the reasons.

22 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

See, you could’ve come on here and just had a decent discussion about football but decided to try and agitate people. To answer your question you asked in the other thread of why are Leeds hated in this country, that’s one of the reasons.

Eh?

Archived