IGNORED

Team for Saturday

daored

On 06/03/2019 at 09:27, Super said:

I honestly don't see what Weimann offers apart from running around a lot. Put him on the bench.

Then check out all the unselfish defensive work he does when we're defending. He gets through a lot of work.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think Leeds starting line-up will be unchanged?

Yes Bielsa said that their line up would be unchanged in his pre match presser yesterday. And that Jack Clarke is back fit but won't be in the match day squad on Saturday.

On 07/03/2019 at 12:11, alaw said:

? your right he as been poor for a few week although he may have been playing with an injury, he was absolutely awesome against Derby at home but then went off the boil, phillips was suspended so forshaw kept his place but we wanted him dropped as soon as phillips came back, that's one thing Bielsa sometimes is too loyal, he gives players who aren't performing the benefit of the doubt way too long imo, but who am I to say against what I'd call one of the best managers in English football  at the moment.

One of the best in English football under sells him I think. He is one of the most respected and influential coaches in the world.

Been a fan of his since his Bilbao days, they were an exciting team to watch. Much like Leeds when they play like they did against WBA.

I'm sure he'll soon recover from the the inevitable defeat tomorrow. ?

45 minutes ago, Kevin Brady said:

Drop COD?! Don’t ever go into football management 

39 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I assume you missed the last game. He looks exhausted.

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

Running through the entire Norwich team to score can be tiring

7 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I’m not saying he’s a bad player or shouldn’t be a regular starter...far from it but Elliasson should start ahead of him today. Not too hard to grasp i hope.

He has been playing well in our good run, but interesting that LJ called him out re not tracking v Norwich and hooked him at Preston....so I wouldn't say he is nailed on to start today.  LJ might be giving him a little reminder that working hard for the team has to be in both directions.  That may be because of attitude, but could well be tiredness as EI says.  This is his longest run as a regular starter since arriving, and the Champ can takes its toll.

Assuming he isn't knackered, I would be starting him today, but if he's not, then Leeds are exactly the team you don't want someone unable to play at full-tilt.

We have no idea what goes on Failand so if he is benched today, we don't need to read too much into it.  The word "drop" is a bit OTT in the modern game of rotation.  Might be rested to come out Flying V Ipswich.

40 minutes ago, Kevin Brady said:

As I said, never go into management. He’s our best player FFS

He’s not though is he. Take your green tinted glasses off.  He’s played well but he’s behind: 

Kalas

Webster

Brownhill

Pack

in 99% of posters best couple of players. In a post a week or so back, not one poster said he was our best player. 

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s not though is he. Take your green tinted glasses off.  He’s played well but he’s behind: 

Kalas

Webster

Brownhill

Pack

in 99% of posters best couple of players. In a post a week or so back, not one poster said he was our best player. 

He is also probably in his last 10 matches in a city shirt. Cost us 3 goals in our last 2 away games(not all his fault but his lack of effort on the goal was noticeable). And as said has looked a bit tired as of late. 

However, a week off so should be ok. Also an aggressive Leeds side and as much as I like Eliasson he doesn’t embrace aggressive defences. He can be timid with people on him right away. So think Weimann and COD our best pairing for Leeds on the wings. 

Archived