IGNORED

Adam Johnson

Super

Just now, Robbored said:

Eventually he was.  His career has been seriously damaged by it tho.

Johnson will be on the sex offenders list.  Can he actually be employed in such a job as a footballer?

21 minutes ago, Super said:

Wasn't he found not guilty?

Something very wrong with how Evans got found not guilty.

Admitted lying to get the hotel room key, admitted not speaking to the women at all, people were watching through a window.

Cctv footage that could have been relevant wasnt used at the original trial, private investigators to gather evidence about the girls previous sexual history employed by his family, the fact her sexual history was allowed as evidence.

Evans legally speaking is innocent but he is definitely a scumbag.

*disclaimer* fully recognise he is an innocent man in the eyes of the law, but at the very least he behaved very badly imo.

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Before Ched Evans was exonerated he was allowed too?!

I'm not sure hence question.  I guess both crimes result in such a classification but is being on it for underage sexual offences worse than rape... I know both are unacceptable but maybe the former is just a step to far for any football club..?

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

I'm not sure hence question.  I guess both crimes result in such a classification but is being on it for underage sexual offences worse than rape... I know both are uncacceptable but maybe the former is just a step to far for any football club..?

I think in the context of what happened, the underage offence is much worse

Clearly a difference between the crimes commited and abusing a child is far worse. My point was about the sex offenders register and i'm sure there is one list, whether you commit a crime against a child or adult.

It would not surprise me if he signed for Bristol Rovers tho...

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Clearly a difference between the crimes commited and abusing a child is far worse. My point was about the sex offenders register and i'm sure there is one list, whether you commit a crime against a child or adult.

It would not surprise me if he signed for Bristol Rovers tho...

He wouldn’t want to damage his reputation by signing for Rovers..! 

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yes he can. 

Professional footballers are not on the banned profession list. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Johnson will be on the sex offenders list.  Can he actually be employed in such a job as a footballer?

In reality I doubt it. Police can still apply for an order which would ban him. Given how many under age players train in and around the first team, I just can't see it in this country. Abroad who knows, but remember he will need a visa. He isn't going to the MLS for instance. 

36 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Without wanting to start a debate, there's a world of difference between what Ched Evans did and Adam Johnson (IMO). 

Adam Johnson should never be able to play again. He can't be trusted around young supporters

Wasn’t Johnson a victim of a honey trap?     :dunno:

He claims he didn’t know the girl was only 15.  

Most of know that some young girls when dolled up can and often do look older than they actually are.

Going back a few years wasn’t Graham Rix convicted of the same offence? 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wasn’t Johnson a victim of a honey trap?     :dunno:

He claims he didn’t know the girl was only 15.  

Most of know that some young girls when dolled up can and often do look older than they actually are.

Going back a few years wasn’t Graham Rix convicted of the same offence? 

No, the girl was fan he had seen a few times at the ground and she had told him how old she was in texts between them.

This came out at the time.

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

No, the girl was fan he had seen a few times at the ground and she had told him how old she was in texts between them.

This came out at the time.

Obviously I’m not too familiar with in and outs of the conviction.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Many nations would not care, Russia for one.

I guess any nation that condones marrying children would be a candidate.

His victim was aged 15 so the list is extensive. Lets just say in general the middle east and south/central America are options if he just fancies a kick about.

By the way what a sick country Iran is...https://www.independent.co.uk/news-19/the-lowest-age-you-can-legally-get-married-around-the-world-10415517.html

I don't see how he possibly could play football again, considering he'd be on the register. Even if a club wanted to take him on, wouldn't it be impossible to employ him because he'd be around children at both the training ground and at stadiums.

Even if a club wanted to employ him, how would it work? I'm no expert on I love you law, but I'd assume he couldn't work in football.

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

The Adam Johnson thing is interesting.  The age of consent in France is 15.  Only a few hundred miles away he wouldn't be classed a pedophile. I find it fascinating how that is acceptable only a few hundred miles away, but here he is classed as a dangerous predator. 

Humans are strange. 

says more about France.

13 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I guess any nation that condones marrying children would be a candidate.

His victim was aged 15 so the list is extensive. Lets just say in general the middle east and south/central America are options if he just fancies a kick about.

By the way what a sick country Iran is...https://www.independent.co.uk/news-19/the-lowest-age-you-can-legally-get-married-around-the-world-10415517.html

Age of Consent was 13 in spain and was only changed in 2015.....

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

The Adam Johnson thing is interesting.  The age of consent in France is 15.  Only a few hundred miles away he wouldn't be classed a pedophile. I find it fascinating how that is acceptable only a few hundred miles away, but here he is classed as a dangerous predator. 

Humans are strange. 

That just means its legal in france, nothing more.

He's still a 30 year old man who had sex with a very young girl.

4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Humans are strange. 

11 in Nigeria and 13 in Japan. Worlds a funny place.

Archived