IGNORED

Adam Johnson

Super

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

Something very wrong with how Evans got found not guilty.

Admitted lying to get the hotel room key, admitted not speaking to the women at all, people were watching through a window.

Cctv footage that could have been relevant wasnt used at the original trial, private investigators to gather evidence about the girls previous sexual history employed by his family, the fact her sexual history was allowed as evidence.

Evans legally speaking is innocent but he is definitely a scumbag.

*disclaimer* fully recognise he is an innocent man in the eyes of the law, but at the very least he behaved very badly imo.

I fully agree. 

I'd love to know what the new evidence that came to light which quashed the conviction as it was never properly said. Whether it was rape or not as you said the bloke's vile, if he ever plays against either of our clubs again (unlikely) I'm sure he'd get dogs abuse.

25 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I guess any nation that condones marrying children would be a candidate.

His victim was aged 15 so the list is extensive. Lets just say in general the middle east and south/central America are options if he just fancies a kick about.

By the way what a sick country Iran is...https://www.independent.co.uk/news-19/the-lowest-age-you-can-legally-get-married-around-the-world-10415517.html

Certainly not condoning Johnson's grooming behaviour, but there are a number of Western European nations where 15 is above the age of consent,  including Germany, France, Denmark and Austria. Until 1885, it was 13 in this country. 

29 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

The Adam Johnson thing is interesting.  The age of consent in France is 15.  Only a few hundred miles away he wouldn't be classed a pedophile. I find it fascinating how that is acceptable only a few hundred miles away, but here he is classed as a dangerous predator. 

Humans are strange. 

Yeah this is a good point. I don't want to sound like I'm condoning it, I'm really not, but purely from a psychological perspective there are a couple of factors which you could consider. Firstly, it's probably not pedophilia whether in the UK or France. I'm fairly certain psychologists tend to refer to the term for offences committed on prepubescent children, i.e. 13 or younger. And secondly, and without meaning to sound sick, but as has been alluded to above, many people aged 15/16 can look several years older. The physical traits which would make you attracted to a 19/20 year old could be present in a 15/16 year old and from that perspective it opens up an entirely new debate. Arguably it's the 'taking advantage' which is far worse than the attraction itself.

Anyways, fact is, he committed an offence against someone who is extremely vulnerable, from a position of power and took advantage. He knew her age and it wasn't a one off thing, it was over a period of time. It's not acceptable and he deserves what he gets, but I thought I'd throw the above into the debate as I think they're valid points.

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

Something very wrong with how Evans got found not guilty.

Admitted lying to get the hotel room key, admitted not speaking to the women at all, people were watching through a window.

Cctv footage that could have been relevant wasnt used at the original trial, private investigators to gather evidence about the girls previous sexual history employed by his family, the fact her sexual history was allowed as evidence.

Evans legally speaking is innocent but he is definitely a scumbag.

*disclaimer* fully recognise he is an innocent man in the eyes of the law, but at the very least he behaved very badly imo.

The other football player in the room was ex-gas.

Just saying

While there's an argument to be made that the age of consent is a pretty arbitrary number, it doesn't make what he did any less illegal. And he knew her age, knew she was half is age and seems to have pursued her pretty aggressively. The man's a wrong un

HOWEVER, I've always believed that once someone has finished the punishment set for them by the judicial system, then they should be free to resume their career; whatever that career might be. If City signed him I'd be apoplectic with rage, but he should have every right to sign for a team and they should have every right to sign him in my opinion. Though both player and team will need to accept the consequences of that

11 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

While there's an argument to be made that the age of consent is a pretty arbitrary number, it doesn't make what he did any less illegal. And he knew her age, knew she was half is age and seems to have pursued her pretty aggressively. The man's a wrong un

HOWEVER, I've always believed that once someone has finished the punishment set for them by the judicial system, then they should be free to resume their career; whatever that career might be. If City signed him I'd be apoplectic with rage, but he should have every right to sign for a team and they should have every right to sign him in my opinion. Though both player and team will need to accept the consequences of that

Problem is, the punishment is too lenient. He should'nt even be out of prison and if he wasnt, he would continue to be unemployabe :laugh:

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

Luke McCormick continued his career which I never thought would happen. Different time now though as no club wants to cause outrage on social media. 

Always though McCormick has somehow had an easier ride than others. Maybe beacuse he accepted his crime, did time and since has educated many of his errors.  I’d probably not be so accepting if he’d have killed my kids while being over the limit 

3 hours ago, BessexRED said:

I fully agree. 

I'd love to know what the new evidence that came to light which quashed the conviction as it was never properly said. Whether it was rape or not as you said the bloke's vile, if he ever plays against either of our clubs again (unlikely) I'm sure he'd get dogs abuse.

Was something to do with the evidence from her previous sexual history, similarities or something I'm not sure, wrong that that sort of thing was allowed imo. But in the eyes of the law he is an innocent man so should be treated as such.

Adam Johnson should never play football again, he wasnt a dumb 17,18 year old lad who made a mistake, he was a man in his late 20s who abused his position, no question for me.

He was found guilty.

Im sorry but the evidence against him was compelling. The text messages shown in court were unbelievably sick, he knew exactly what he was doing. Should never be allowed to play football again.. **** his career aswell, lets not try and pretend he will be struggling financially.. without doubt a multi millionaire already.

984124B6-BCAA-43E0-BB2E-B72C9852DD32.png

34B45941-75D5-41C5-8DF1-800B5F42108D.png

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Im sorry but the evidence against him was compelling. The text messages shown in court were unbelievably sick, he knew exactly what he was doing. Should never be allowed to play football again.. **** his career aswell, lets not try and pretend he will be struggling financially.. without doubt a multi millionaire already.

984124B6-BCAA-43E0-BB2E-B72C9852DD32.png

34B45941-75D5-41C5-8DF1-800B5F42108D.png

Doesn't that fly in the face of prison as a system of reform/rehabilitation though?

Would you feel the same way if he was emptying your bins or driving you home in a taxi? 

Not a dig at you but the fact that his chosen employment is football is pretty irrelevant

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Doesn't that fly in the face of prison as a system of reform/rehabilitation though?

Would you feel the same way if he was emptying your bins or driving you home in a taxi? 

Not a dig at you but the fact that his chosen employment is football is pretty irrelevant

I think its very relevant that his chosen employment is a job that is massively in the public eye. You can dress it up in any which way you like but footballers are role models for millions of impressionable young people all over the world. Nobody is saying Adam Johnson cannot work again but for me it cannot be in football, the temptation will be too great for him to do it to another younger fan IMO.

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

I think its very relevant that his chosen employment is a job that is massively in the public eye. You can dress it up in any which way you like but footballers are role models for millions of impressionable young people all over the world. Nobody is saying Adam Johnson cannot work again but for me it cannot be in football, the temptation will be too great for him to do it to another younger fan IMO.

There is not a football club in this country who will touch him ......

39 minutes ago, bris red said:

I get the sentiment but I’m not sure you can just selectively apply an arbitrary ‘cool list’ of professions where former criminals can’t work.

Presumably though he’ll be on the sex offenders register and this would legally prohibit his working in certain areas - you’d think football may be one of them. 

16 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Also as far as i know it was legal to shoot a welshman in some shape or form in chester in the 1800s?

Any particular shape or form? Suppose shaped like a pheasant you might well be tempted to have a pop at it.

What he did was shocking, the sentence in my eyes fit the crime, though castration added would’ve been better, yet countless numbers of times you hear about worse cases getting off lighter, I understand he’s in the public eye but it’s disgusting, he’d like to find a club, but end of the day he’s prob got more monies than everyone put together on this forum and has a payday forever, angers me so much

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

I reckon there will be... there always is with these disgraced players 

I would certainly stop going to matches if he ended up here. Sure lots would feel the same.

20 minutes ago, Super said:

I would certainly stop going to matches if he ended up here. Sure lots would feel the same.

I'd only go to abuse him. Cant see the club wanting to sign him.

a lower league club will tho IMO

Fair to say his career was on the decline anyway. At 31 will he be any good? Only got to look at now Evans 2-3 years out of the game took a toll 

Archived