IGNORED

Adam Johnson

Super

18 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I guess any nation that condones marrying children would be a candidate.

His victim was aged 15 so the list is extensive. Lets just say in general the middle east and south/central America are options if he just fancies a kick about.

By the way what a sick country Iran is...https://www.independent.co.uk/news-19/the-lowest-age-you-can-legally-get-married-around-the-world-10415517.html

The thing is and I agree with you 100% in the culture you are bought up in tells you what is right or wrong. So tagging your upbring and moral compass against a country who views things differently is only ever going to annoy you.

If you were bought up in Iran you wouldn't see it as a issue as you haven't had It knocked into you that sex before 16 is illegal... as it isn't.

The problem comes when two cultures collide... an Iranian in the UK or a brit in Iran. The argument it's legal in my country doesn't wash.

So as much as I hate that Iranians can have sex and marry at such a young age we have to remember it is our law that has put an  age for consent.

If you can give birth then naturally this is probably the age your body is ready. Not the age as dictated to by any country's law.

Do I believe that? No. I have been bought up in the UK and that in the UK is just wrong. Very wrong

On 6 March 2019 at 20:11, BRISTOL86 said:

Doesn't that fly in the face of prison as a system of reform/rehabilitation though?

Would you feel the same way if he was emptying your bins or driving you home in a taxi? 

Not a dig at you but the fact that his chosen employment is football is pretty irrelevant

Yes and no.

If he was for instance a teacher out of prison for this offense, they would lose their professional license for obvious reasons.The chosen profession is important.

I guess it would come down to are they in a profession of some power over young people. I would argue that a footballer is.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:08, TomF said:

Always though McCormick has somehow had an easier ride than others. Maybe beacuse he accepted his crime, did time and since has educated many of his errors.  I’d probably not be so accepting if he’d have killed my kids while being over the limit 

Having been to a few Devon derbies I can tell you Exeter fans don't give him an easy ride

This could open a can of worms, but I think that his sentence was ridiculously harsh by comparison - emphasis on the ‘by comparison’ before people shoot me down. 

Firstly, he did not have sex with the girl. Whatever ‘activity ‘ means in this case was wrong and deserved a punishment, but he didn’t have sex with her and many many people (male and female) who DO have sex with underage partners receive lesser punishments. 

I’m  NOT  in any way condoning what he did - he deserved punishment as I have already stated, but I would challenge anyone who thinks I’m talking rubbish to justify why he deserved a harsher sentence than those vile killers of poor little Baby P?

The law is an arse. 

10 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

This could open a can of worms, but I think that his sentence was ridiculously harsh by comparison - emphasis on the ‘by comparison’ before people shoot me down. 

Firstly, he did not have sex with the girl. Whatever ‘activity ‘ means in this case was wrong and deserved a punishment, but he didn’t have sex with her and many many people (male and female) who DO have sex with underage partners receive lesser punishments. 

I’m  NOT  in any way condoning what he did - he deserved punishment as I have already stated, but I would challenge anyone who thinks I’m talking rubbish to justify why he deserved a harsher sentence than those vile killers of poor little Baby P?

The law is an arse. 

Brave, but i agree with you.

Didn't Graham Rix get a lot less for actually having sex with a 15 year old?

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Brave, but i agree with you.

Didn't Graham Rix get a lot less for actually having sex with a 15 year old?

I think that he (Graham Rix) successfully argued that, as he picked her up in an ‘over 21’s’ nightclub, he was entitled to assume she was over 21 and therefore not guilty. The blame was deflected onto the nightclub’s door policy. (?)

i have 2 daughters of my own (and a son) and would be mortified had anything happened to them when they were under age, but punishments should be proportional and should fit the crime is what I’m saying. 

5 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I think that he (Graham Rix) successfully argued that, as he picked her up in an ‘over 21’s’ nightclub, he was entitled to assume she was over 21 and therefore not guilty. The blame was deflected onto the nightclub’s door policy. (?)

i have 2 daughters of my own (and a son) and would be mortified had anything happened to them when they were under age, but punishments should be proportional and should fit the crime is what I’m saying. 

Oh, thanks for that. Never really knew the details of his case.

Archived