IGNORED

Marinovic Signed (Merged)

BessexRED

Pete O'Rourke reckons Johnson and his staff are going to cast their eye over NZ number one Stefan Marinovic over the next week and weigh up whether to give him a deal or not as he's currently a free agent.

Fielding was in a sling this morning and perhaps Maenpaa's injury is worse than first feared?

6 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

New Zealand's first choice keeper. We're taking a look at him this week apparently according to Pete O'Rourke on Twitter (He's usually quite accurate). 

Free agent, last played in the MLS. Had trials with Rangers and Hull last year.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ibrox-exclusive-27-yr-old-international-heads-to-english-club-after-talks-with-rangers/

Why didn't he get a deal with Hull or Rangers, that's what I'm thinking.

Must admit I know nothing about him, so can't really comment on whether we should sign him or not. What I do think, is that this shows that both FF and NM are probably out for longer than first thought/hoped for. 

56 minutes ago, Taz said:

Why didn't he get a deal with Hull or Rangers, that's what I'm thinking.

Must admit I know nothing about him, so can't really comment on whether we should sign him or not. What I do think, is that this shows that both FF and NM are probably out for longer than first thought/hoped for. 

Probably because he wasn't deemed good enough.

If we're really looking at him then you'd imagine it is borne out of desperation (injuries) rather than a belief that he is good enough for us long term.

His career shows spells at obscure German sides, and then a year at an average side in the MLS, at the end of which he was ultimately released.

Beggars can't be choosers.

19 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Probably because he wasn't deemed good enough.

If we're really looking at him then you'd imagine it is borne out of desperation (injuries) rather than a belief that he is good enough for us long term.

His career shows spells at obscure German sides, and then a year at an average side in the MLS, at the end of which he was ultimately released.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Yeh i think its just as an option for cover during the run in. Not good news if that is the case. As decent as Max has been when called on this season, you'd really want one of the seniors in for the promotion push ideally and it's not really the time to be bedding in a new keeper either.

7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Back O'Leary until Maenpaa returns. Not worth signing another keeper just to fill the gap.

No 1 keeper out.

No 2 keeper out.

No 3 keeper plays.

So that's one, two, three O'Leary.

Think ashton_fan is correct, if we sign him he is backup for Max to sit on the bench while Frankie and Nicki are out, which does give the impression they could be out a while. Cant leave it down to Jojo or Sesay to cover Max for a long period of time. I know we could get a short term loan for a keeper but that may see us scrambling around to get someone in at the last minute should god forbid Max pick up an injury as well.

5 minutes ago, Angmering Red said:

Think ashton_fan is correct, if we sign him he is backup for Max to sit on the bench while Frankie and Nicki are out, which does give the impression they could be out a while. Cant leave it down to Jojo or Sesay to cover Max, 

We had Dave Richards in 14/15!!

This keeper has all the makings of being the next Lars Leese - for any Barnsley fans out there - plucked from obscurity into the big-time.  His autobiography is a good read.

12 hours ago, Angmering Red said:

Sorry Dave hit submit before I had finished typing so had to edit?? Dave Richards cant recall him, did he actually get a game??

Nope! Amazing how we went with 1 keeper all season, vs now where we can't even keep 1 keeper fit for a week.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This keeper has all the makings of being the next Lars Leese - for any Barnsley fans out there - plucked from obscurity into the big-time.  His autobiography is a good read.

great read and some interesting insights into working under Danny Wilson - going some way to confirming what many of us suspected

• The title was changed to Marinovic Signed - Keeper (Merged)
14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

....anyone remember when Watford plucked a guy from a wine bar near Newport to play in an FA Cup semi final due to injuries to their first choice keepers?! What a story that was.... 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/9042688/Jim-White-Watford-comeback-king-Gary-Plumley-recalls-FA-Cup-heroics-against-Spurs.html

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I hated Dave Richards. Seemed like he was the type of guy to slide into a girls DMs and tell her "I'm a footballer".

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....anyone remember when Watford plucked a guy from a wine bar near Newport to play in an FA Cup semi final due to injuries to their first choice keepers?! What a story that was.... 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/9042688/Jim-White-Watford-comeback-king-Gary-Plumley-recalls-FA-Cup-heroics-against-Spurs.html

Wonder whatever happened to the 18 year old 'keeper they had called David James.

Archived