IGNORED

Marinovic Signed (Merged)

BessexRED

37 minutes ago, bcfcbird said:

Yes - he's now at Barnet in the National League.

So he enjoyed a good return to Bristol earlier on this season... 

With regards to the kiwi, I'd start max on Saturday as he'll have a better relationship with kalas and webster. 

Seen him play a few times on TV when I've been in Vancouver. Big chap but quite athletic, good stopper, decent with the ball at his feet, prone to the odd howler. I always felt he was better-than-average in the MLS (from limited viewings), but I'm not sure what that means. Certainly surprised that Vancouver let him go, he had some awesome games for them

18 hours ago, Angmering Red said:

Think ashton_fan is correct, if we sign him he is backup for Max to sit on the bench while Frankie and Nicki are out, which does give the impression they could be out a while. Cant leave it down to Jojo or Sesay to cover Max for a long period of time. I know we could get a short term loan for a keeper but that may see us scrambling around to get someone in at the last minute should god forbid Max pick up an injury as well.

I would certainly hope that Max gets to start on Saturday. He’s been around the squad for a good time and has never let us down when he’s played. 

As for our other young keepers, while it may be too early for Sesay I’m not saying o sure about Jojo. A couple of years back Frankie was saying he rated them both Max and Jojo and there wasn’t much between them. Max has impressed as he’s had more chances. Presume now though that Jojo will extend his loan. 

54 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Seen him play a few times on TV when I've been in Vancouver. Big chap but quite athletic, good stopper, decent with the ball at his feet, prone to the odd howler. I always felt he was better-than-average in the MLS (from limited viewings), but I'm not sure what that means. Certainly surprised that Vancouver let him go, he had some awesome games for them

Having done some research sounds like Vancouver had a leaky defence last season and appointed a new coach who released about 10 players at end of the season, sounds like he was a bit unlucky. Could look a decent keeper with our defenders in front of him

4 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Didn't hang about then, **** me. 

Quickest trial in the history of the game. 

Worried this means Maenpaa's injury is a bad one.

All done by post 17 on OTIB.

4 hours ago, TBW said:

I hated Dave Richards. Seemed like he was the type of guy to slide into a girls DMs and tell her "I'm a footballer".

He was a nice lad.  Spent a season sat in the Atyeo Wheelchair section behind the practice net, and he’d say hi and a few words.

C616580B-8516-4539-AC14-A44E857BA1C5.thumb.jpeg.ae3eecec7f0c27e53ee8eafa3760bbb6.jpeg

This was before that Swindon game in 14/15, bout 1hr before kick off....so relaxed about not playing, he hadn’t bothered changing.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

All done by post 17 on OTIB.

He was a nice lad.  Spent a season sat in the Atyeo Wheelchair section behind the practice net, and he’d say hi and a few words.

C616580B-8516-4539-AC14-A44E857BA1C5.thumb.jpeg.ae3eecec7f0c27e53ee8eafa3760bbb6.jpeg

This was before that Swindon game in 14/15, bout 1hr before kick off....so relaxed about not playing, he hadn’t bothered changing.

So where are they now? One playing regularly in the Premier League and the other not getting off the bench for Crewe!

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Surely if we have signed a keeper, an international keeper, he has come here to play. I can’t imagine he will expect to be sitting on the bench.

Out of contract since Jan, reckon he’ll be happy to have gotta a gig of any sort.  Would be a kick in the teeth for Max imho, and he won’t have had much time to get used to the players, style, Championship football.

Of course, you may be spot on.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of contract since Jan, reckon he’ll be happy to have gotta a gig of any sort.  Would be a kick in the teeth for Max imho, and he won’t have had much time to get used to the players, style, Championship football.

Of course, you may be spot on.

I’m not saying I agree with it, I like Max, seen him thrown in mid match a couple of times now and he’s come out with credit. But yes a pay cheque will be welcomed by SM, just got a feeling he will get the gloves.

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Having done some research sounds like Vancouver had a leaky defence last season and appointed a new coach who released about 10 players at end of the season, sounds like he was a bit unlucky. Could look a decent keeper with our defenders in front of him

This in a nutshell. I just asked my two "Caps" fans what they thought of him 

good pedigree - lots of caps at a reasonably high level for the kiwi national squad. lots of experience under pressure. i always thought he was done wrong by the disassociated back line in front of him

I think he was a solid keeper, with a better defensive line in front of him he'll do well in the Championship. He's a better keeper than the Caps have now.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can honestly say I don't know a lot about him- does anyone think it is harsh on O'Leary though?

Seems sensible to me, with Fielding out for the season, and doubts on Maempau's fitness, that only leaves O'Leary plus an untried youngster. If a proven International keeper can be bought in for three months , why wouldn't you?

As to O'Leary I think he will get the shirt tomorrow, then its up to him to keep it, he was great at Brentford, so see no reason why he shouldn't

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can honestly say I don't know a lot about him- does anyone else think it is harsh on O'Leary though?

He's had what one bad game, Reading away? Not done much wrong that aside.

It might be harsh on Max but do you really want to potentially go to the end of the season with just Max and another youngster who has never played for the first team?

If he's considered better than Max then he should play. The team comes first after all.

5 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Seems sensible to me, with Fielding out for the season, and doubts on Maempau's fitness, that only leaves O'Leary plus an untried youngster. If a proven International keeper can be bought in for three months , why wouldn't you?

As to O'Leary I think he will get the shirt tomorrow, then its up to him to keep it, he was great at Brentford, so see no reason why he shouldn't

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

It might be harsh on Max but do you really want to potentially go to the end of the season with just Max and another youngster who has never played for the first team?

If he's considered better than Max then he should play. The team comes first after all.

True. He's the man in possession so until he proves otherwise, he should keep it IMO. He's done well though, overall especially given the lack of gametime etc.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can honestly say I don't know a lot about him- does anyone else think it is harsh on O'Leary though?

He's had what one bad game, Reading away? Not done much wrong that aside.

We don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow so can’t say if it’s harsh or not yet. We do need cover though as mentioned, and also surely Max needs someone to train with. He might even pick up a few tips from an experienced International player?

Archived