Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bcfccity

New stadium offerings

From guide to the gate from the Rugby fixture last week v Glos;

Curry (Meat and Veg option) This is being sold From end Dolman concession i think this used to be a drinks only bar.

As well as the standard pie of the month they are now doing a veg pie of the month

Sausage roll and hot drink package £5

CHEDDAR VALLEY FROM THATCHERS BAR

Jamaican - next to thatchers bar (meat and veg option)

i tried the curry and was spot on!!!! plus still get discount on these.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Still waiting for vegan options. I presume 'veg' means 'vegetarian'?

The burger van in in the fan village has a bowl of Lettuce 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Aubergine 1

9 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Cheddar Valley is vegan.Probably?

Noticed a picture of the old ticket hut now being painted with Guinness bar all-over it. How long has that been there? 

Very rarely go near that corner 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Noticed a picture of the old ticket hut now being painted with Guinness bar all-over it. How long has that been there? 

I was  also wondering if that is part of the away fans facilities  or open to all on match days?

Edited by Between heaven and hell

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

Only open for the rugby?

50 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Only open for the rugby?

No , has been like that all season- open for football but due to location used almost exclusively by away fans.... No signage saying away fans only but lots of OB around that area and if City fans started using it in numbers I'm sure they'd get moved on.

The Goat curry sounds tasty.....might seek that out, should nestle nicely on top of 4 pints of Guinness...what could go wrong?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, glastonred said:

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The burger van in in the fan village has a bowl of Lettuce 👍

45C7F36B-ECFD-4DB1-AB14-D38B94B735C0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

53 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No , has been like that all season- open for football but due to location used almost exclusively by away fans.... No signage saying away fans only but lots of OB around that area and if City fans started using it in numbers I'm sure they'd get moved on.

The Goat curry sounds tasty.....might seek that out, should nestle nicely on top of 4 pints of Guinness...what could go wrong?

I got a pint from there on my way in a few weeks ago as there wasnt a queue. Didn’t accept my season ticket for discount so guess they are presuming it’ll mainly used by away fans. 

5 hours ago, glastonred said:

The curry in Dolman is vegan , the vegerterian pie of the month is jackfruit what ever that is?????

2 hours ago, lenred said:

I got a pint from there on my way in a few weeks ago as there wasnt a queue. Didn’t accept my season ticket for discount so guess they are presuming it’ll mainly used by away fans. 

Surely it's owned by the same people that own the Guinness bar in the fans village? They accept season cards in the VF so surely should do in that one.

In an ideal world you would take away the car park and have the fans village there.

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

In an ideal world you would take away the car park and have the fans village there.

Hopefully this’ll happen when the multi-storey gets built.

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Surely it's owned by the same people that own the Guinness bar in the fans village? They accept season cards in the VF so surely should do in that one.

Not sure. Could’ve just got unlucky with staff maybe, but I asked and it wasn’t accepted. No big deal - I just thought it was because it was mainly an away fan bar. 

When I saw the title I thought Wael was passing round the begging bowl to finance the Nou GasStad. Either that or they're out looking for a hard up club, or should I say a club in their own image, whose ground they might be able to nick for a pittance or, better still,for nothing. Watch them go for one of these options now I've gone & said it.

11 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

The curry in Dolman is vegan , the vegerterian pie of the month is jackfruit what ever that is?????

Jackfruit aka Durian is used as a meat alternative in a lot of Asian countries. Bloody stinks when it is raw, but pretty tasty in a curry.

18 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

All this available on Saturday v Leeds fella? Three points and jackfruit pie sounds gert lush. 

• Like 1

I was going to ask if this was going to be available for the football as since the rugby has been at AG8 there have been many food / drink stalls that only appear for the specific sport

Food and service is a vast improvement on that rubbish we had before the redevelopment.

I never bought a thing in the stadium pre-development as it was so bad but now have a couple of pints and a pie (or two) before the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I was going to ask if this was going to be available for the football as since the rugby has been at AG8 there have been many food / drink stalls that only appear for the specific sport

Yes all available Saturday. Have heard that appy hour will be Curry on offer for £5 opposed to £6.50

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Come on let’s be serious. Get a Clarks pie from the van by the park or a pork pie from the Merchants Arms. 

• Like 3

It is a great range of options and yet I feel myself thinking...

Vegan curry is fine- had a decent one the other week- but not at football. Not for me. Similar with Mexican food, and varied others- all very nice but not the sort of thing I get at football. May even add pizza to that...

So long as there's a vegetarian option of some sort, or chips or something that does me fine.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 07/03/2019 at 11:42, redsince1994 said:

Jackfruit aka Durian

Not the same thing at all.  I've tried both.  Durian stinks and definitely acquired taste.  They are banned on flights they are that overpowering.

Great shout from the club. I'll definitely be trying the veggie curry.

I know it's 'hip' to laugh at vegans but genuinely some of the vegan food you can get is incredible. I'm not one myself but it's true.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Great shout from the club. I'll definitely be trying the veggie curry.

I know it's 'hip' to laugh at vegans but genuinely some of the vegan food you can get is incredible. I'm not one myself but it's true.

Don't worry - no-one is laughing at you.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Come on let’s be serious. Get a Clarks pie from the van by the park or a pork pie from the Merchants Arms. 

Racist.

Edited by ...
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:42, redsince1994 said:

Jackfruit aka Durian is used as a meat alternative in a lot of Asian countries. Bloody stinks when it is raw, but pretty tasty in a curry.

Co-Op do a bbq jackfruit sandwich. Thought I'd give it a go because I live life on the razor's edge, it was seriously good. I don't eat at the stadium but will try this one out. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Not the same thing at all.  I've tried both.  Durian stinks and definitely acquired taste.  They are banned on flights they are that overpowering.

Right you are, I have been lied to. Both are banned on flights apparently, but it is Durian that stinks of a rotten corpse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

Right you are, I have been lied to. Both are banned on flights apparently, but it is Durian that stinks of a rotten corpse.

A mate sent me a slice of Durian in the post from Malaysia.   The bastard knew I was away for a week's holiday and it stank the place out.  You reminded me I still need to get him back!!!  😂

Edited by RedSkin
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

A mate sent me a slice of Durian in the post from Malaysia.   The bastard knew I was away for a week's holiday and it stank the place out.  You reminded me I still need to get him back!!!  😂

Is he still your mate?

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is a great range of options and yet I feel myself thinking...

Vegan curry is fine- had a decent one the other week- but not at football. Not for me. Similar with Mexican food, and varied others- all very nice but not the sort of thing I get at football. May even add pizza to that...

So long as there's a vegetarian option of some sort, or chips or something that does me fine.

Steer clear of the Mexican stall, had the shits for three days after. Although that may have been the 12 pints of thatchers thinking about it..

Ham and cheese roll from the Masonic all day long 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedSkin said:

I was in Cambodia over the summer. Thought something was seriously wrong when i first went to the markets. Like dead bodies wrong.

Then realised it was Durian!

• Like 1