IGNORED

Season Ticket renewal – no longer enough Saturday games for exiled supporters?

robc

Better than all that @robc keep in touch with me and my occasional and random posts on here.

I’m about to renew our season tickets and normally have a couple spare.

If you fancy joining us in a bit of keeper baiting and bitching about Lansdown - all for a voluntary donation to CHSW - then me and the boy would love to meet you!

16 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

In my opinion the fault lies with the red button option.

I think teams like Bristol City Boro and Swansea

should not have to travel more than 130 miles for mid week games

Fairly sure this was covered a while ago on here- EFL deliberately have, unless they've changed policies, scheduled long distance games in midweek.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-chief-admits-conscious-scheduling-11284376

15 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

The red button option is not available for saturday 3pm kick offs,

its the mid week games I am refering too

The reason I said Bristol City Boro and swansea is they have to travel the furthest

and should always be on Saturdays

when the fixtures are published

Up until the FA Cup games and from 28 November

Bristol City had no mid week AWAY evening fixtures for the remainder  of the season

If I find out who was reponsible

I would give them a gurt big kiss.

Maybe I'll find out one day

Millwall away second to last game of the season isn't it? And Borro away on the 2nd April

EDIT - Misread your post!

Anyone not renewing will be kicking themselves if we reach the Prem and then have to scramble for tickets.  In the top tier, buying tickets will be a battle / race against the inevitable sell-outs.

Season ticket sales would likely go over 19k (just my estimate) and there will be a large number of new Forever Bristol Members fighting over a smaller pool of tickets.

If you can afford it, keep your season ticket!!!

Ive renewed- even though it really hasn't been value for money for me this season due to moved games and personal commitments.

I look at it from the view that i want to stand with my friends in the singing section and without my season ticket that would be an unlikely senario.

I normally make between 10-15 home games a season so it probably works out more than a membership plus that amount of games anyway. But the idea of driving (or getting the train) 3 hours each way by myself and then also watching the game by myself doesn’t really appeal if i'm honest.

Football to me will always be more about seeing my mates than anything else.

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Look at last seasons prices it was"nt 28 on the day think youl find it was 20 and always tickets floating about from one or another 

?? When was is £20 POTD for a Dolman ticket..?

I never buy them, so could be wrong, but I was sure that POTD was about £30/33 but obviously you’d have a membership if going regularly, so it would be £5 less than that. 

• Admin
18 hours ago, robc said:

I don’t suppose I am alone, but I have decided not to renew my Season Ticket for the coming year. I live to the South of London and travelling to evening games is all but impossible for me, with cross London trains after a match meaning a return home well into the early hours. I have renewed each year so far by convincing myself that there are enough Saturday games per season to make a Season Ticket just about economical, but this season there will only have been 13 of the 23 home games played on a Saturday afternoon, with 3 others moved (1 to a Friday and 2 to a Sunday – and the latter have been affected by GWR and/or local enginnering works!)

Looking forward, I think it is not difficult to see that there could well be even less Saturday afternoon fixtures next season - both because of clashes with Bristol Rugby and courtesy of TV screenings - and so I am just going to buy match tickets when I need them in future. It’s a shame but with only just over half of our games being played on a Saturday this time around, it’s just no longer an economic proposition. I guess that I’ll go for a “Forever Bristol” membership to sweeten the pill a little. Anyone else in the same boat?

robc

PS I wonder if any clubs sell Saturday and Weekday season tickets separately – or would that be too complex administratively?

One thing I would add @robc your title could quite easily apply to any supporters not just exiled ones, I know of a few people that have sadly missed numerous games due to the fixtures changing

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Look at last seasons prices it was"nt 28 on the day think youl find it was 20 and always tickets floating about from one or another 

?

28 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

?? When was is £20 POTD for a Dolman ticket..?

I never buy them, so could be wrong, but I was sure that POTD was about £30/33 but obviously you’d have a membership if going regularly, so it would be £5 less than that. 

?

2017/18 MATCHDAY PRICES

FAMILY AREA (W7-W9)

Silver: Adult - £21 (£26), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £19 (£24), Under-22 - £16 (£21), Under-19 - £11 (£16), Under-12 - £5 (£10).
Gold: Adult - £26 (£31), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £24 (£29), Under-22 - £21 (£26), Under-19 - £11 (£16), Under-12 - £5 (£10).

SOUTH STAND

Silver: Adult - £23 (£28), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £20 (£25), Under-22 - £17 (£22), Under-19 - £11 (£16), Under-12 - £5 (£10).
Gold: Adult - £28 (£33), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £25 (£34), Under-22 - £22 (£27), Under-19 - £11 (£16), Under-12 - £5 (£10).

DOLMAN WINGS

Silver: Adult - £25 (£30), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £22 (£27), Under-22 - £19 (£24), Under-19 - £11 (£16), Under-12 - £5 (£10).
Gold: Adult - £30 (£35), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £27 (£32), Under-22 - £24 (£29), Under-19 - £11 (£16), Under-12 - £5 (£10).

DOLMAN CENTRE

Silver: Adult - £27 (£32), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £24 (£29), Under-22 - £21 (£26), Under-19 - £11 (£16), Under-12 - £6 (£11).
Gold: Adult - £32 (£37), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £29 (£34), Under-22 - £26 (£31), Under-19 - £13 (£18), Under-12 - £8 (£13).

LANSDOWN STAND WINGS

Silver: Adult - £29 (£34), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £26 (£31), Under-22 - £23 (£28), Under-19 - £14 (£19), Under-12 - £8 (£13).
Gold: Adult - £34 (£39), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £31 (£36), Under-22 - £28 (£33), Under-19 - £15 (£20), Under-12 - £10 (£15).

LANSDOWN STAND CENTRE

Silver: Adult - £31 (£36), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £28 (£33), Under-22 - £25 (£30), Under-19 - £16 (£21), Under-12 - £10 (£15).
Gold: Adult - £36 (£41), Senior Citizen/Under-25 - £33 (£38), Under-22 - £30 (£35), Under-19 - £18 (£23), Under-12 - £12 (£17).

8 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Last seasons ticket in Dolman 415.00 equating to 18.00 per game miss three =54.00 =361.00 you save jack shit  phillip Hammond this season now 427.00 

so how much would it cost you to watch the other 20 games Dianne? I make it £360 @ £18, but if you haven't got a season ticket it would cost nearly double that so missing three games is nowhere near losing out, I'd go back to school if I were you. you are basing the cost on a price IF you have a season ticket, miss 3 games if you have one yes knock of £54 leaving £361 but that would only buy you about 11 games at matchday prices, not the 20 you would have to pay for.

15 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

You only got to miss three games through whatever reason and your on a looser 

Not really. My season ticket for this season was £355, which is £15.43 per game. 

Assuming that half the games were Silver category and half were Gold, for a member that's £25.50 per match if you paid for each match separately. In that situation, my £355 would only get me 13 POTD tickets. (£25.50 x 13 = £331.50. Plus £20 membership = £351.50)

So I could miss 10 games and still be quids in. 

I think it’s quite sad that it’s got to this, and I mean this in a supportive way not a dismissive ‘saddo’. That supporters are thinking of giving up their ST’s not because of the football, the team, the manager or any protest about the board, but because kick off times are so unreliable.

There have been a lot of changes this year other than what was initially published ( although yes ST’s are purchased before dates are available on the whole). Sunday games, Friday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Even the change from 3pm to 5.20pm on a Saturday screwed a lot of people over. Many local fans have suffered, never mind the exiles who make great efforts to attend and sometimes must have wondered why. Train and motorway difficulties and closures, must all be a factor, never mind financial cost and equally important in my view, having the time.

The red button of course hasn’t helped. Personally I’ve only done 6 away games this season, think last season at this stage I had done 11. I can’t blame the exiles for opting out of attending all matches.

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why done people in these situations just (legitimately) but a child’s ST for someone they know (you need ID for them) 

You then have you seat reserved for whenever you need it and then just upgrade the ticket to an adult ticket when you know you’ll be able to attend. 

You can only upgrade one ticket a certain amount of time through the season, think it's 3. I've tried!

• Admin
8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think it’s quite sad that it’s got to this, and I mean this in a supportive way not a dismissive ‘saddo’. That supporters are thinking of giving up their ST’s not because of the football, the team, the manager or any protest about the board, but because kick off times are so unreliable.

Welcome to the world of a Premier league fan?

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Welcome to the world of a Premier league fan?

I guess if you are in the Premier League you are prepared to overlook such difficulties, especially if like in our case we have never experienced it. That said, if you are working on Sundays or evenings or have other stuff you can’t easily rearrange then it makes no difference who and where you play. If you can’t make it then a ST is a luxury that has to be cut sadly.

It crossed my mind that Football Clubs could introduce a County Card...like they have for Golf Memberships.

Basically you can be a member at a reduced rate depending how far you have to travel. They set a limit to the mileage that you live away from the Club. Say 50 miles.

A way must also be found to free up Season tickets that aren't being used. If there is a seat that isn't going to be used...let someone else purchase it, at a reduced price.

I understand tickets can't be sold twice...but why not the money going to a Charity or donated towards the Academy etc. Something along those lines.

Football is slowly shooting itself in the foot. The higher up the pyramid, the harder it is to follow your Club it seems.

19 minutes ago, frenchred said:

You can only upgrade one ticket a certain amount of time through the season, think it's 3. I've tried!

Oh right. I suppose I’ve never upgraded my sons to an adult more times per season than that, so wasn’t aware there was a limit on doing it. 

Makes sense really, otherwise everyone would do what I suggested..! 

56 minutes ago, pillred said:

so how much would it cost you to watch the other 20 games Dianne? I make it £360 @ £18, but if you haven't got a season ticket it would cost nearly double that so missing three games is nowhere near losing out, I'd go back to school if I were you. you are basing the cost on a price IF you have a season ticket, miss 3 games if you have one yes knock of £54 leaving £361 but that would only buy you about 11 games at matchday prices, not the 20 you would have to pay for.

He just doesn't seem to get it, buying a season ticket saves you a lot more than the cost of three games, plus you are guaranteed a seat and you can turn up 5 minutes before a game and there it is waiting for you, it's not just about money.

As a Leeds fan I can empathise with the original poster's predicament. To the annoyance of us as well as other teams' fans, we've had 18 games moved, whether it be time or day of the week, or will have done by the time of the Sheffield United game a week on Saturday. There have also been seven Red Button games, but they're irrelevant when it comes to games being moved.

There have also been a number of games where police forces have been timid and moved kick off times because they're not capable of doing their jobs.

By the time it's all done and dusted it's not unreasonable to think that half our games will have moved. It inconveniences everyone except armchair fans and even worse people just don't know whether to book a train, a hotel, days off work or whatever. 

And then of course to top it all off they send us to Ipswich on the final day for a 12.30pm kick off. Even if the timetable was working to perfection there are no trains that can get you to Portman Road from Leeds, let alone anyone travelling from north or west of the city.

SKY doesn't care about you or me. You may or may not agree with the principle, but our 'compensation' for all that shifting is less than a million quid more from the TV deal than teams that don't appear very often. £100,000 for the home team and £10,000 for the away tam is crackers.

And yes, if we all aspire to play in the Premier League this will became a regular occurrence (although it could be that Leeds actually have less interference) but the clubs do get compensated and there are fewer midweek games. 

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

It crossed my mind that Football Clubs could introduce a County Card...like they have for Golf Memberships.

Basically you can be a member at a reduced rate depending how far you have to travel. They set a limit to the mileage that you live away from the Club. Say 50 miles.

A way must also be found to free up Season tickets that aren't being used. If there is a seat that isn't going to be used...let someone else purchase it, at a reduced price.

I understand tickets can't be sold twice...but why not the money going to a Charity or donated towards the Academy etc. Something along those lines.

Football is slowly shooting itself in the foot. The higher up the pyramid, the harder it is to follow your Club it seems.

With all the money paid for a ticket system you would think a fan to fan sales section would be available.

However it's something that will probably only be introduced if we start selling out every game. At the moment it would prevent the club from making more money - every penny counts in the age of FFP.

47 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Funnily enough there is a similar conversation going on over on the Bristol Bears forum. I guess that’s modern higher level sport for you. 

For many years it's been part of the T&Cs of higher-end Prem teams that attendance to a number of 'garbage' games (U21s or CL/EL qualifiers) is mandatory to be able to reserve seats for the bigger league fixtures.

If/when we finally do go up I can see a minimum home / away attendance to reserve Big Four game seats: x home games for non-ST home fans, x away games for everyone away. For non-ST holders you'd have to tell fans to produce serial numbers of said purchases when buying them.

I am not condoning any of that as it's exclusionary, I'm just saying it's plausible if we go up and stay up.

Archived