IGNORED

Season Ticket renewal – no longer enough Saturday games for exiled supporters?

robc

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:42, Grey Fox said:

Same for me, i live in East Sussex and work in South London, evening matches are not practical so a season ticket isn't economic. The Forever Bristol option works, as I have always been able to get tickets, both home and away with the priority this gives you.

The additional problem I face is Southern bloody Rail, so i nearly always drive which sadly limits my enjoyment in the Nova pre match, though the ham egg and chips are as good as ever.

Same here - I did think about a season ticket this season as my daughter is at UWE but still came to the same conclusion. I have a membership and tend mainly to go to away games with the occasional home game and don't tend to have a problem getting tickets. Although, should we ever get to the promised land (?) then that might change for the worse.

As an aside I feel your pain regarding Southern Rail as I also work in South London and am reliant on their service :ranting:

Unpopular opinion here - I have been lucky that the games moved to a Sunday have been my Saturdays on to work. 

I work 1 in 4 Saturdays and have a season ticket and have not missed a game due to work. I’ve missed 1 through illness and 1 being on holiday. 

There is a SAG ST holder at work so if worse comes to worse We can swap weekends, but for me I don’t mind sundays. 

On 07/03/2019 at 13:06, cider-manc said:

With all the money paid for a ticket system you would think a fan to fan sales section would be available.

However it's something that will probably only be introduced if we start selling out every game. At the moment it would prevent the club from making more money - every penny counts in the age of FFP.

Agree about a fan’s sales zone for SC holders.

The club have already sold the seat, so if someone offers their seat up, the club can open it for sale, retaining a cut for their troubles.  Sometimes you can only get one seat because the one next to it is taken...even though the SC holder cant make it.

It has some complications, but on games like Leeds where casual fans are scrambling for tickets it would open up more people attending / spending.

Better than advertising your SC on social media for £50 to Leeds fans....getting caught....and having your SC cancelled by the club.  That is what I’ve heard happened to 70-80 SC holders last week.  Club can keep a control on who’s using someone’s seat too.

Likewise from South London and I renewed our batch but that hasn't been economic to do so for years, just ensures mates can sit together when they wish. As for public transport, forget it. Thankfully, I've a very accomodating mate who helps out with parking else I'd no longer routinely bother.

Archived