IGNORED

Leeds Forums

The Red Planet

Good to see some thoughtful Leeds fans like Cjay and Velroc posting on here ahead of the big one Saturday. 

We often get our members posting links to comments on rival fan's forums ahead of games, .but I have not seen any from Leeds yet - might have missed it. 

Just googled  "Leeds United FC fan's forum"  and it seems there are quite a few. 

Would our "friends" (no problem writing that ahead of Saturday) point us in the direction of the best forum please.

13 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

Good to see some thoughtful Leeds fans like Cjay and Velroc posting on here ahead of the big one Saturday. 

We often get our members posting links to comments on rival fan's forums ahead of games, .but I have not seen any from Leeds yet - might have missed it. 

Just googled  "Leeds United FC fan's forum"  and it seems there are quite a few. 

Would our "friends" (no problem writing that ahead of Saturday) point us in the direction of the best forum please.

As others have said Waccoe is the biggest one.

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/

That one to 

https://www.not606.com/forums/leeds-united.43/

And the smaller one I'm on has been posted.

48 minutes ago, ... said:

Well, I, for one, am worried a big win over Leeds on Saturday will but Lee EVEN further in the shop window.

How much longer can we expect to keep the best young manager of his generation?

So let's hammer them 8-0 and he'll be first in line over Ole G S at Manure!

8 minutes ago, daored said:

They really seem to not like us with the whole spy gate stuff and also Marty Taylor not too popular 

Lansdown calling for points deductions, knowing full well Mark Ashton sits on the EFL board.

Taylor and his headbutt antics last season.

Those are the reasons why.

7 minutes ago, daored said:

They really seem to not like us with the whole spy gate stuff and also Marty Taylor not too popular 

Don't go on MOT forum, so don't know what's been said. Lansdown wasn't popular when he came out after "Spygate" and (I believe) asked for a points deduction. I think most Leeds fans (including me) thought was a step too far. As for the Taylor incident, I was actually more annoyed with Lee Johnson claiming in the post-match interview that Taylor had suffered a broken nose, because that was just a blatant lie.

2 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Don't go on MOT forum, so don't know what's been said. Lansdown wasn't popular when he came out after "Spygate" and (I believe) asked for a points deduction. I think most Leeds fans (including me) thought was a step too far. As for the Taylor incident, I was actually more annoyed with Lee Johnson claiming in the post-match interview that Taylor had suffered a broken nose, because that was just a blatant lie.

I have you know that his nose was broken in 16 places?

3 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Plenty of players play with non broken noses mind.

They do. Was completely unnecessary for Johnson to invent that piece of nonsense about a "broken nose". Berardi was sent off, deservedly so, and received the appropriate punishment. 

6 minutes ago, Verloc said:

They do. Was completely unnecessary for Johnson to invent that piece of nonsense about a "broken nose". Berardi was sent off, deservedly so, and received the appropriate punishment. 

Quite so Verloc.

10 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Johnson getting a little word in ahead of the appeal, to help influence that decision.

Which is what Bielsa did with the media re Spygate.  I reckon if he’d have just mentioned Derby instead of ‘bragging’ about spying on every club, he’d have got away with it....but he just tried to show his clever he was with his 50 game research on all clubs, and it backfired.

Johnson getting a little word in ahead of the appeal, to help influence that decision.

Which is what Bielsa did with the media re Spygate.  I reckon if he’d have just mentioned Derby instead of ‘bragging’ about spying on every club, he’d have got away with it....but he just tried to show his clever he was with his 50 game research on all clubs, and it backfired.

You are completely missing the point of Bielsa's press briefing (as have a lot of the mangers/ex pros). It wasn't a brag about spying, it was showing how much detail he goes into and he only spies because of his self-doubt. He said he knows everything he can know from analysis, it was in no way a brag. Leeds broke no rules, as seen by the potential rule coming into to place to stop it.

The only guideline was the completely ambiguous and arbitrary 'good faith' rubbish.

Bristol City staff calling for a points deductions during an investigation was not in 'good faith'. However, Leeds have chosen not to lodge complaints about the number of clubs not treating Leeds in 'good faith', during the nonsense investigation.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He's actually not like that at all, he felt if he could show EVERYTHING he had done that it was all in the open and they could get on with the investigation.

Frank crying like a little schoolgirl helped, Bielsa basically told the whole league how to play against Derby, it was beautiful.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know why Johnson did it, I'm just saying I don't agree with it. I too think Bielsa should only have admitted the charge in relation to Derby, since that's the only charge that had been levelled against him. But the attempted point of the presentation was not to brag, but to try to demonstrate that attempting to watch an opponent's training session was a very small part of the preparation he does for each and every fixture. He was trying to show that it was not that important in the overall scheme of things.

7 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

He's actually not like that at all, he felt if he could show EVERYTHING he had done that it was all in the open and they could get on with the investigation.

Frank crying like a little schoolgirl helped, Bielsa basically told the whole league how to play against Derby, it was beautiful.

6 minutes ago, Verloc said:

I know why Johnson did it, I'm just saying I don't agree with it. I too think Bielsa should only have admitted the charge in relation to Derby, since that's the only charge that had been levelled against him. But the attempted point of the presentation was not to brag, but to try to demonstrate that attempting to watch an opponent's training session was a very small part of the preparation he does for each and every fixture. He was trying to show that it was not that important in the overall scheme of things.

Brag might not be the right word, but I do think (just like Johnson) that he was trying to influence ahead of the investigation.  I agree, he was trying to show how much prep he does, which most clubs at this level will do, probably not 50 games like his Derby analysis, but 8-10.  Johnson has said they watch 8-10.  And in showing that prep he was trying to show that the spying was a tiny part.

However, spying at a training ground, to understand the actual line-up, allows you to pick the right side from the start (an hour before kick-off), set the right tactics from the start (without having to rush instructions between the time you see the team sheet and kick-off with limited time with the players due to warm-ups etc, etc, etc.  That is where he sought a big advantage.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Brag might not be the right word, but I do think (just like Johnson) that he was trying to influence ahead of the investigation.  I agree, he was trying to show how much prep he does, which most clubs at this level will do, probably not 50 games like his Derby analysis, but 8-10.  Johnson has said they watch 8-10.  And in showing that prep he was trying to show that the spying was a tiny part.

However, spying at a training ground, to understand the actual line-up, allows you to pick the right side from the start (an hour before kick-off), set the right tactics from the start (without having to rush instructions between the time you see the team sheet and kick-off with limited time with the players due to warm-ups etc, etc, etc.  That is where he sought a big advantage.

The "spys" were on public rights of way.

ANYBODY could have watched through a set of binoculars and they would not have been breaking any civil laws or EFL ones.

Anyone who thinks this does not happen at L1 and L2 level where they train on effectively parklands in some cases is deluded. It happens at the very very top level, AVB admitted doing it for Jose when at Chelsea....Frank benefitted. He is just salty he got schooled so then made up allegations that the person was found with fence cutters (something the police said was incorrect).

Hope you finish ahead of them simply as I hate Fat Frank.

Archived