IGNORED

Leeds Forums

The Red Planet

1 minute ago, SPAZZA said:

The "spys" were on public rights of way.

ANYBODY could have watched through a set of binoculars and they would not have been breaking any civil laws or EFL ones.

Anyone who thinks this does not happen at L1 and L2 level where they train on effectively parklands in some cases is deluded. It happens at the very very top level, AVB admitted doing it for Jose when at Chelsea....Frank benefitted. He is just salty he got schooled so then made up allegations that the person was found with fence cutters (something the police said was incorrect).

Hope you finish ahead of them simply as I hate Fat Frank.

Don’t dispute any of the above, but the EFL did come out and say they’d broken some “made up hastily’ rule about being “naughty” (?), and they got punished.  Bielsa, imho, brought more attention to it...and Lansdown should’ve stayed out of it too...especially with Mark Ashton on the committee!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Brag might not be the right word, but I do think (just like Johnson) that he was trying to influence ahead of the investigation.  I agree, he was trying to show how much prep he does, which most clubs at this level will do, probably not 50 games like his Derby analysis, but 8-10.  Johnson has said they watch 8-10.  And in showing that prep he was trying to show that the spying was a tiny part.

However, spying at a training ground, to understand the actual line-up, allows you to pick the right side from the start (an hour before kick-off), set the right tactics from the start (without having to rush instructions between the time you see the team sheet and kick-off with limited time with the players due to warm-ups etc, etc, etc.  That is where he sought a big advantage.

He was trying to explain, and yes, I agree, he was obviously trying to minimise any possible punishment. What Bielsa did is common practice in the countries he has worked in previously and of course there is no rule in place in this country either. But yes, he could have gained some advantage. He names his side at the press conference, so you have no need to guess our starting XI for tomorrow? 

Its all done with, the thing with Bielsa is that he actually is the most down to earth, humble man. He was actually offended / hurt from all the media attention so then tried to explain his way out of it.

He is like no manager I have ever seen at our club.

He has turned an average mid table club into what you see now (not perfect) but with very little in the way of additions.

Douglas LB, injured atm but Alioski is ahead of him at LB

Bamford ST, been injured 80% of the season

Casilla GK, purchased in Jan

When he leaves there will be genuinely mourning regardless of if we go up.

6 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Its all done with, the thing with Bielsa is that he actually is the most down to earth, humble man. He was actually offended / hurt from all the media attention so then tried to explain his way out of it.

He is like no manager I have ever seen at our club.

He has turned an average mid table club into what you see now (not perfect) but with very little in the way of additions.

Douglas LB, injured atm but Alioski is ahead of him at LB

Bamford ST, been injured 80% of the season

Casilla GK, purchased in Jan

When he leaves there will be genuinely mourning regardless of if we go up.

Do you think you will go up? I think it’s between you and Sheffield United for second 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Do you think you will go up? I think it’s between you and Sheffield United for second 

Big ifs here, take 3 points against you and Reading. Then we play them at home, play like we have been and we'll be 5 points clear of them, I'd be confident.

Genuinely...I don't know, just enjoying the ride and what Bielsa has brought us this season on and off the pitch.

What can't you love about a man that walk 40 minutes to work saying hello to everyone with a smile. 

3 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Big ifs here, take 3 points against you and Reading. Then we play them at home, play like we have been and we'll be 5 points clear of them, I'd be confident.

Genuinely...I don't know, just enjoying the ride and what Bielsa has brought us this season on and off the pitch.

What can't you love about a man that walk 40 minutes to work saying hello to everyone with a smile. 

If he didn’t say hello to everyone it would only be a twenty minute walk.

27 minutes ago, Verloc said:

He was trying to explain, and yes, I agree, he was obviously trying to minimise any possible punishment. What Bielsa did is common practice in the countries he has worked in previously and of course there is no rule in place in this country either. But yes, he could have gained some advantage. He names his side at the press conference, so you have no need to guess our starting XI for tomorrow? 

Guess your starting 11?

Most of the time we can't guess ours!

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Guess your starting 11?

Most of the time we can't guess ours!

Well Bielsa helpfully told you ours yesterday. It's the same as last week's. He also told you our injured players are still unavailable. Wish he wouldn't be so helpful all the time to be honest? 

2 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

Lansdown calling for points deductions, knowing full well Mark Ashton sits on the EFL board.

Taylor and his headbutt antics last season.

Those are the reasons why.

Don’t understand how they can still be annoyed with the headbut. Found the clip earlier and it is so clearly intentional and the Leeds players fault. Yes Taylor was up in his face but that’s an expected reaction.

3 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

The "spys" were on public rights of way.

ANYBODY could have watched through a set of binoculars and they would not have been breaking any civil laws or EFL ones.

Anyone who thinks this does not happen at L1 and L2 level where they train on effectively parklands in some cases is deluded. It happens at the very very top level, AVB admitted doing it for Jose when at Chelsea....Frank benefitted. He is just salty he got schooled so then made up allegations that the person was found with fence cutters (something the police said was incorrect).

Hope you finish ahead of them simply as I hate Fat Frank.

Well clearly the EFL thought something was broken as it seems LUFC got a 200,000 fine!

5 hours ago, Verloc said:

Don't go on MOT forum, so don't know what's been said. Lansdown wasn't popular when he came out after "Spygate" and (I believe) asked for a points deduction. I think most Leeds fans (including me) thought was a step too far. As for the Taylor incident, I was actually more annoyed with Lee Johnson claiming in the post-match interview that Taylor had suffered a broken nose, because that was just a blatant lie.

Think the spy gate thing has fans divided to be fair.

I think it was great and see nothing wrong with it at all.

5 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

Does he get a translator to do that for him too?

11 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I think it was great and see nothing wrong with it at all.

Like you, my first reaction was to laugh. Think what Bielsa did was unnecessary tbh, but he's something of a football obsessive. The likes of Sky, TalkSPORT & the tabloid press were only too happy to blow it completely out of proportion, because it's the sort of story they thrive on.

11 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Depends on which side of the fence you are! :whistle:

30 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Like you, my first reaction was to laugh. Think what Bielsa did was unnecessary tbh, but he's something of a football obsessive. The likes of Sky, TalkSPORT & the tabloid press were only too happy to blow it completely out of proportion, because it's the sort of story they thrive on.

Good thing SL didn't join in with blowing it out of proportion. :whistle:  

Archived