IGNORED

Leeds Forums

The Red Planet

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

...and whether you used wire cutters or not ?

Think when all the fuss died down, it was finally revealed that a pair of secateurs (as used in gardening) were found in the young guy's car? I did laugh as "events unfolded" that the tabloids elevated "pliers" to "bolt-cutters" within 24 hours and then the idiotic Martin Keown on Football Focus claimed that the "spy" was also carrying a ladder??

Spygate was bad and punishment about right IMO but given Man City being investigated over Football Leaks and Chelsea's transfer ban there are worse things that go on in our game that get overlooked by FA, PL etc. Different countries different moral codes it would seem.

Bielsa? I'm a fan spygate aside. Excellent coach, seems an obsessive about the game, undoubtedly a colourful character. Game needs those.

Wirecutters? Seemingly none- Lampard misspoke if Derbyshire police to be believed

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

Think when all the fuss died down, it was finally revealed that a pair of secateurs (as used in gardening) were found in the young guy's car? I did laugh as "events unfolded" that the tabloids elevated "pliers" to "bolt-cutters" within 24 hours and then the idiotic Martin Keown on Football Focus claimed that the "spy" was also carrying a ladder??

Perhaps he did a bit of topiary on the bush that was in his way. 

4B0E2257-913D-426B-8323-C2A1F74E55E8.gif

20 hours ago, RealisticRecords said:

You are completely missing the point of Bielsa's press briefing (as have a lot of the mangers/ex pros). It wasn't a brag about spying, it was showing how much detail he goes into and he only spies because of his self-doubt. He said he knows everything he can know from analysis, it was in no way a brag. Leeds broke no rules, as seen by the potential rule coming into to place to stop it.

The only guideline was the completely ambiguous and arbitrary 'good faith' rubbish.

Bristol City staff calling for a points deductions during an investigation was not in 'good faith'. However, Leeds have chosen not to lodge complaints about the number of clubs not treating Leeds in 'good faith', during the nonsense investigation.

Why did Leeds write to the EFL for an inv3stigation into Wolves dealings with Jorge Mendes, were they perhaps hoping for a points deduction. Your own club is not above ‘good faith’ either 

9 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Why did Leeds write to the EFL for an inv3stigation into Wolves dealings with Jorge Mendes, were they perhaps hoping for a points deduction. Your own club is not above ‘good faith’ either 

That was because Wolves did break the rules. The Wolves owners own shares in an agent's company, which is against the 3rd party ownership rules. Leeds wanted clarification on whether they could repeat Wolves' rule breaking. Every club, every team, every player don't treat the opposition with 'good faith'. If Leeds are to penalised for it, so should everyone else. Norwich have had a pink dressing room to mentally weaken every away team this season. This, in my view, is just a home advantage but surely it breaks the arbitrary 'good faith' guideline.

29 minutes ago, RealisticRecords said:

Sorry, even worse, it was the owner that called for a points deduction. The state of that. When no rules are broken.

No rules are broken but a £200k fine?  

If you search this forum you’ll find a thread where most people said they wished SL kept quiet over the matter. 

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

No rules are broken but a £200k fine?  

If you search this forum you’ll find a thread where most people said they wished SL kept quiet over the matter. 

Correct, no rules broken. As seen by the EFL proposing a new rule to prevent spying. To repeat myself, Leeds did not follow the arbitrary club's charter 'good faith' between clubs. Which is broken every week by every club.

If Leeds would have taken to CAB or another body, there is no way we would have had to pay any fine. But they wanted it finished, which is also why they didn't lodge a formal complaint about the other clubs not treating Leeds in 'good faith'. 

e.g. Derby lying about the incident; as confirmed by the Police.

12 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

The general level of conversation and poster quality on that forum seems to be lower than on here. To be expected I guess.

It's a very small forum. Waccoe is by far and away the largest LUFC forum. At least 100x times larger than any of the others.  

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And they are not the sharpest tools in the box on that forum either tbh,well done tho mate best team won

Haven't been on there for a long time. Mostly because there weren't enough people on it and hence it was too slow-moving. I agree that without it being a great game, we deserved to win today?

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Fair enough,hope you are still decent when we beat you in the playoffs ?

Think I said on here the other day that it looked like being either us or Sheff Utd for the automatic 2nd spot. Seems even more likely after today. Big game at ER next Saturday, though we both have fixtures in midweek. Don't fancy the play-offs, but we'll see? 

Archived