IGNORED

Al haji Sesay

the frampton balti

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Are you wondering why the promising young Sierra Leone goalkeeper has not been mentioned given the injuries to our two first choice goalkeepers?

Where is he playing now, anyway?

Wasn't he on loan somewhere local, Bath perhaps?

He’s not included in our U23/U18 squads on the official site

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m up to date, the OS squad page isn’t.  I’ve tweeted Sesay to find out where he is.

551F7D01-A8BB-4BF2-83B9-5D6C723D14DA.jpeg

Interesting that only Korey, Marlon and Frankie aren't LJ signings.

Even Korey was signed by LJ at Oldham, so really only two players of our squad aren't Johnson's.

22 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Interesting that only Korey, Marlon and Frankie aren't LJ signings.

Even Korey was signed by LJ at Oldham, so really only two players of our squad aren't Johnson's.

I guess by the same logic as Korey, you could argue Baker was a Cotts signing, but yeah, it’s definitely been LJ’s squad this season.  He’s offered contracts to all 3 in his time here.

On 08/03/2019 at 10:00, Angmering Red said:

Think its a tribute to how both Marlon and Frankie have improved that they were both So'D signings and started off near the bottom of L1 and now are although Frankie is maybe more a squad player, in the case of Marlon an important member of a top 6 Championship side.

?

On 07/03/2019 at 17:07, the frampton balti said:

Why are these squads so rarely up to date . can the club not employ someone with obssesive compulsive statistical order to maintain the site. really annoying for geeks like me.

Fully agree. Can somebody tell those responsible for the OS that Shawn McCoulsky and Jake Andrews have moved on. To be honest if its not social media the club doesn't appear to be interested anymore. 

I would also like to see the return of the Away Days feature which they didn't continue last season. 

On 07/03/2019 at 19:54, Davefevs said:

I’m up to date, the OS squad page isn’t.  I’ve tweeted Sesay to find out where he is.

551F7D01-A8BB-4BF2-83B9-5D6C723D14DA.jpeg

Fevster, I just had a look at your squad records as at March and noticed a lot of 2020 contract expiries. Are many of those still the case?

43 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Fully agree. Can somebody tell those responsible for the OS that Shawn McCoulsky and Jake Andrews have moved on. To be honest if its not social media the club doesn't appear to be interested anymore. 

I would also like to see the return of the Away Days feature which they didn't continue last season. 

My god I loved the Away Days feature. I messaged Matt Parsons about why they stopped doing it last season when he was still SLO. He said he'd pass on my message to the online guys - no idea if anything came of that.

It's the same issue that we are talking about on the "is anything checked before it is posted " thread. For me this general lack of care on the OS undermines all the other great things the club do online and on social media. How hard is it really?

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

Fevster, I just had a look at your squad records as at March and noticed a lot of 2020 contract expiries. Are many of those still the case?

Here’s an updated one.

So, Maenpaa, Wollacott, Wright, Moore, K.Smith, Walsh, Eliasson (option), O’Dowda, J.Smith, Taylor, 

1B043BFE-0170-43FF-B008-35AAC6F12DA8.thumb.jpeg.f7d50b8fb2aca4b5a2d022137aae3524.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s an updated one.

So, Maenpaa, Wollacott, Wright, Moore, K.Smith, Walsh, Eliasson (option), O’Dowda, J.Smith, Taylor, 

1B043BFE-0170-43FF-B008-35AAC6F12DA8.thumb.jpeg.f7d50b8fb2aca4b5a2d022137aae3524.jpeg

Wow did we really sign Brownhill for just 200 grand? 

Also, tut tut Dave, you need to update your "Loan To" column. Jokes aside. That spreadsheet is magnificent, I'm loving all the tabs down at the bottom as well.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Wow did we really sign Brownhill for just 200 grand? 

Also, tut tut Dave, you need to update your "Loan To" column. Jokes aside. That spreadsheet is magnificent, I'm loving all the tabs down at the bottom as well.

Some of the figures are best guesses and rumours from the time.

slapdash re the loans....updated.

re the other tabs, you wanna see what’s on this tab and what I cropped out.  Sad as it may be, I've been trying to calculate how much ‘budget’ we have left based on Amortisation of Fees going back to 14/15 when Korey signed, through to 22/23 when our current crop of 4 year deals runs out.  Put it this way, if @Mr Popodopolous thinks my figures are realistic, there ain’t much left....and certainly until Webster was sold, we were running on empty.  We really need to offload the fringe!!!

4 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

So what did ever happen to Sesay the GK. Did  we release him or is he still in physio/rehab?

He's not listed as any of the full team, U23 or U18 squads

No chance he's released...has the clear potential to be our best ever.

Not sure what his injury woe's have been or if he's back on track.

Archived