IGNORED

Al haji Sesay

the frampton balti

Christ. Like others, I was a bit surprised he had been unceremoniously released given the fact he was playing international football and obviously had potential but it is utterly shocking this is the reason.

I'm glad he has been caught and convicted and my thoughts are with the women he harmed. I fear the psychological scars will last longer than his prison sentence does. 

1 hour ago, City1984 said:

Absolutely sickening. **** you piece of scum shit. Hope you get what’s coming to you. 

Thoughts with all victims. 

believe me I am no saint  but this is a serious piece of shut that deserves no forgiveness IMO. 

Apologies for my little tantrum.

Wouldn’t normally bother to post on such topics as does nothing positive  for anyone. 

Sorry if I have  caused any offence. 

49 minutes ago, City1984 said:

Apologies for my little tantrum.

Wouldn’t normally bother to post on such topics as does nothing positive  for anyone. 

Sorry if I have  caused any offence. 

Yes but its important these people are absolutely slated and suppressed to prevent more taking their place.

25 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes but its important these people are absolutely slated and suppressed to prevent more taking their place.

Agreed. So why only give them ten years? That's my issue. This guy could be out in 6, on license granted, but does that make women feel any safer in the current climate?

"The guy walking behind you in the park is a convicted predatory rapist but we believed him after 6 years when he said he was ever so sorry and won't do it again and he's got his tag on so you should be alright"................that should restore public confidence. People are going about saying all men are potential rapists and abusers..........well here is a proper piece of male shit and he only gets ten years with potential time off for "good" behaviour and proclaiming his regret, saying what people want to hear about learning his lesson and having false empathy for his victims. Presumably on the basis he has human rights and deserves a shot at rehabilitation. His victims, by the way, are left with a life sentence whatever they try and do about it. No full rehabilitation for them, whatever counselling and support you offer them, just a life sentence knowing what happened to them that will always rear its ugly head from time to time. What is the logic behind that?

If people are truly serious that we have a huge problem regarding the abuse of women and are truly serious that they want to prevent the abuse of women then perhaps the protestors should be campaigning for tougher sentences for this type of absolute filth, for blokes who knock their wife about etc. etc. rather than limp statements about education and nonsensical statements about 6pm curfews. No time off for good behaviour, just added on for poor behaviour.

Speaking as someone who used to prosecute in the magistrates courts, securing a conviction in a domestic abuse case was the toughest part of my job. Can probably count on one hand across two years the number of times I managed it. The culture within the criminal justice system is tough and seemed weighed against the complainants at that level. Wider societal issues as well of course. Not helped by chronic underfunding, as with many aspects of our public services these days. Thoughts with the survivors. 

It’s interesting that Sesay’s absence from the clubs squad lists was noticed on here in  March 2019 but the first arrest mentioned was not until July 2019. Was there something previous that caused us to act earlier and when was it that the club took action assuming that they did ? Did we give him the benefit of the doubt (until proven in court) or had other issues already come to light. 

A Bristol City player making the national headlines like this will be very unwelcome publicity for the club as Nige will know from his time at Leicester. On a day when sexual abuse of young footballers is also again making headlines I would hope that the club issue some sort of statement.

A number of our emerging players would have probably been teammates of Sesay and the club have a duty of care to show that they are undertaking work with young players educating them as to the risks of abusive behaviour whether as potential offenders or victims. In the current climate the press will understandably be all over this and the club need to clearly demonstrate that they have suitable safeguarding measures and policies in place both for their players and for public safety.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

It’s interesting that Sesay’s absence from the clubs squad lists was noticed on here in  March 2019 but the first arrest mentioned was not until July 2019. Was there something previous that caused us to act earlier and when was it that the club took action assuming that they did ? Did we give him the benefit of the doubt (until proven in court) or had other issues already come to light. 

A Bristol City player making the national headlines like this will be very unwelcome publicity for the club as Nige will know from his time at Leicester. On a day when sexual abuse of young footballers is also again making headlines I would hope that the club issue some sort of statement.

A number of our emerging players would have probably been teammates of Sesay and the club have a duty of care to show that they are undertaking work with young players educating them as to the risks of abusive behaviour whether as potential offenders or victims. In the current climate the press will understandably be all over this and the club need to clearly demonstrate that they have suitable safeguarding measures and policies in place both for their players and for public safety.

I’d imagine it was just a case of bad admin on the squad front. As the thread pointed out at the time it was started, McClouskey and Andrews were still in the squad even though they’d left. The only other explanation is that he was arrested in March 19 on the offence he wasn’t convicted for - however, if that was the case then he wouldn’t have been in a position to perform the other offences.

The club obviously couldn’t have said anything until now in order not to prejudice a trial, but I’d think it was appropriate, particularly with the current (correct) climate not to hide from this and issue a statement. Just as the policeman in the Sarah Everard cases occupation shouldn’t tar all police, this scumbags association with BCFC shouldn’t tar the club and a statement condemning him should be forthcoming to offset that. We’ve clearly sacked/suspended him at the offence time so shouldn’t have questions posed on our conduct.

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The only other explanation is that he was arrested in March 19 on the offence he wasn’t convicted for - however, if that was the case then he wouldn’t have been in a position to perform the other offences.

Dream on. MoJ for years has tried to cover up the number of crimes commited whilst out on Bail or Early Release.

I think the last full year reported  they fessed-up to 13,500 crimes commited by those remanded on bail of which 60 were for rape, murder or both and several hundred for serious sexual offences. Remember this is only for those Released on Bail - the vast majority of those appearing are released not on condition of bail to appear later (hence crimes wouldn't be included here,) with only 4% of persons appearing remanded in custody. Most are simply let off via caution. Add in the fact these are solved or 'admitted' crimes which themselves comprise under 10% of the estimated number of crimes committed. Add in a percentage of the 114k Foreign National Offenders (defined as those who would have received a minimum two year custodial sentence in the UK for crimes for which they were convicted abroad, hence had no right to enter the UK,) who roam our streets committing further crimes whilst on bail from other jurisdictions (or having served their sentence,) from which they are presently, supposedly fleeing persecution, or those who have been refused the right to remain having illegally entered the country but who use Humans Rights (sic) legislation to avoid deportation.

Never heard of this guy before & his victims and their families sure as hell wish they'd never heard of him. 

If folks are serious about creating a culture in which women do not have to live in fear the unpalatable truth is scum like him should be put down before he can inflict further damage.

11 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Dream on. MoJ for years has tried to cover up the number of crimes commited whilst out on Bail or Early Release.

I think the last full year reported  they fessed-up to 13,500 crimes commited by those remanded on bail of which 60 were for rape, murder or both and several hundred for serious sexual offences. Remember this is only for those Released on Bail - the vast majority of those appearing are released not on condition of bail to appear later (hence crimes wouldn't be included here,) with only 4% of persons appearing remanded in custody. Most are simply let off via caution. Add in the fact these are solved or 'admitted' crimes which themselves comprise under 10% of the estimated number of crimes committed. Add in a percentage of the 114k Foreign National Offenders (defined as those who would have received a minimum two year custodial sentence in the UK for crimes for which they were convicted abroad, hence had no right to enter the UK,) who roam our streets committing further crimes whilst on bail from other jurisdictions (or having served their sentence,) from which they are presently, supposedly fleeing persecution, or those who have been refused the right to remain having illegally entered the country but who use Humans Rights (sic) legislation to avoid deportation.

Never heard of this guy before & his victims and their families sure as hell wish they'd never heard of him. 

If folks are serious about creating a culture in which women do not have to live in fear the unpalatable truth is scum like him should be put down before he can inflict further damage.

The people who have powers to sentence in this country need to decide whether they want to allow women to feel safe on the streets or look after the human and rehabilitation rights of the scum that do attack women. That’ll confuse a few of the bastards.

38 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The people who have powers to sentence in this country need to decide whether they want to allow women to feel safe on the streets or look after the human and rehabilitation rights of the scum that do attack women. That’ll confuse a few of the bastards.

Thing is 4% are remanded in custody. It was 4% the year before, 4% the year before that and so on. In Petty France ( MoJ HQ) the 4% was supposedly a 'desirable target', showing they were not looking to drive potential vulnerable folks into the criminal justice system. And then, in plain speak, there's the truth.

It's 4% because that's all the custodial space they have. So bother not whether you are likely to commit another crime, intimidate witnesses or fail to later appear. Whether or not you are granted bail is the lottery of whether those passing judgement have reached their allocated quota.  My point was to readdress the misapprehension that if one is accused of commiting a serious offence (include rape,) one is automatically remanded in custody. That's not so.

What an idiot, actually that's not harsh enough. FFS he is a footballer it's really difficult not to be successful with girls when your a footballer so must have gone out of his way to do this. 

I hope if there are any other victims they come forward and get the justice they need and I hope the existing victims and family's get the support they need. 

For those saying he should be locked up for longer than what's likely to be 6 years, how long? The peak age for criminal convictions is 21-25 for males. There is a nasty biological combination at these age ranges with hormones and status issues, it effects everyone in a different way but most males are still decent people some turn into scum the problem is that at this critical junction the criminal justice system can cause more harm than good. I truely think he is scum and needs to be locked up for at least the next 6 years but then I hope he gets some help and becomes a functional member of society rather than the complete drain he is going to be over the next 6 to 10 years.

Archived