IGNORED

Al haji Sesay

the frampton balti

7 hours ago, Pezo said:

What an idiot, actually that's not harsh enough. FFS he is a footballer it's really difficult not to be successful with girls when your a footballer so must have gone out of his way to do this. 

I hope if there are any other victims they come forward and get the justice they need and I hope the existing victims and family's get the support they need. 

For those saying he should be locked up for longer than what's likely to be 6 years, how long? The peak age for criminal convictions is 21-25 for males. There is a nasty biological combination at these age ranges with hormones and status issues, it effects everyone in a different way but most males are still decent people some turn into scum the problem is that at this critical junction the criminal justice system can cause more harm than good. I truely think he is scum and needs to be locked up for at least the next 6 years but then I hope he gets some help and becomes a functional member of society rather than the complete drain he is going to be over the next 6 to 10 years.

Are you going to do anything to make the women he raped, those with the LIFE SENTENCE, fully functional members of society as well or just throw everything at the ******* scumbag that raped them?

If 10 years is deemed the sentencing tariff by those in the know then that should be a MINIMUM 10 years in my view. 10 years for exemplary conduct, longer if not. Given the current bandwagon that everyone is on how can any government that releases rapists after 6 years and puts men who break women’s jaws on probation with a bit of unpaid work thrown on top convince women that their safety is important?

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Are you going to do anything to make the women he raped, those with the LIFE SENTENCE, fully functional members of society as well or just throw everything at the ******* scumbag that raped them?

If 10 years is deemed the sentencing tariff by those in the know then that should be a MINIMUM 10 years in my view. 10 years for exemplary conduct, longer if not. Given the current bandwagon that everyone is on how can any government that releases rapists after 6 years and puts men who break women’s jaws on probation with a bit of unpaid work thrown on top convince women that their safety is important?

This is all very worthy, but advocating stiffer punishments does not get to the root of the problem, which is to work out why some men are violent to women and to stop them doing it.  There is little to suggest that punishment works as a deterrent - capital punishment was never a deterrent to murder, after all - so the important thing is to work with offenders in order to reduce the amount of offending in the future.  Other countries (eg Norway) have a far more enlightened approach to this than the UK does: our attitude seems to be flog ‘em and lock ‘em up for a long time, and the problem will go away.  Well that isn’t working.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, I did state that I hope the victims and there family get the support they need and on purpose before even thinking about the perpetrator.

36 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

our attitude seems to be flog ‘em and lock ‘em up for a long time, and the problem will go away.  Well that isn’t working.

Sorry, but the attitude in the UK is the antithesis of what you describe.  In the case of murder of the ten countries with the lowest rates per capita 8 retain capital punishment. Importantly, those countries are the ones where, when convicted, the punishment is swift and almost always enacted (unlike countries where the death penalty is anything but.) So whilst there will always be cases of murder (it's in human nature,) its existence doesn't mean capital punishment has no deterrent effect. Ditto very severe punishments for serious crimes.

In the UK 'life' tarrifs mean you'll do on average 16 years for murder. Manslaughter, depending upon type, has punishments running from community orders to whole life though in reality you do somewhere between  2 - 7 years in prison.

One of the reasons we have so many criminals is because from the earliest of ages, starting with petty crimes, the justice system does not punish. My magistrate mates see the same faces month after month with those charged openly knowing the system cannot accommodate them, hence they are punished with a fine or community order which, if neither are discharged, lead to, well, nothing, else the criminal would have been sent down in the first place. There is no deterrent.

Locking folks up or putting them down, if done consistently, does, Dr facto,  limit further crime happening to within prisons. Only yesterday the MoJ reported that 51% of offenders reoffend within 12 months of release. Keep them locked up and they wouldn't be able to.

8 hours ago, Pezo said:

I truely think he is scum and needs to be locked up for at least the next 6 years but then I hope he gets some help and becomes a functional member of society rather than the complete drain he is going to be over the next 6 to 10 years.

He can be a functioning member (or not) of Sierra Leone's society once he's served his sentence.

Assuming he'll be deported, that is.

Archived