IGNORED

LJ on TalkSport

Robbored

11 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So - did anyone hear what was said??

I caught the tail end but when Brazil said he’d made his debut at AG LJ said that it’s very different these days and that AB wouldn’t recognise the stadium.

58 minutes ago, Robbored said:

TalkSport discusses mostly football, some cricket, boxing and rugby. Top professionals from each sport. What’s not to like? 

Jim White get some fantastic guests, chases various absent football club owners and virtually every football manager tunes in to TS. It’s a top morning radio show.

If you consider it low standard coverage you clearly don’t ever listen to it.

Shame drive time in the afternoon with Adrian Durham is so f'ing awlful.

Total windup merchant

And let's not get started on the adverts. More adverts (mostly gambling) than talking about any sport.

And while I'm on my soap box why do all of their match commentaries sound like a 1980s broadcast away in Azerbaijan?

58 minutes ago, Robbored said:

TalkSport discusses mostly football, some cricket, boxing and rugby. Top professionals from each sport. What’s not to like? 

Jim White get some fantastic guests, chases various absent football club owners and virtually every football manager tunes in to TS. It’s a top morning radio show.

The adverts ?

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I caught the tail end but when Brazil said he’d made his debut at AG LJ said that it’s very different these days and that AB wouldn’t recognise the stadium.

I would imagine he would, it’s on telly quite a lot.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Now!

Be quick....

Too late......

Great that little ‘ol Bristol City get noticed by the worlds biggest sports radio programme.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Some posters don’t allow  facts to influence them............:facepalm:

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

TalkSport wouldn’t be allowed to broadcast untrue information. 

Obviously on the wind up but TalkSport get 3m per week, this is an average at one time.

Average listeners in thousands
WFAN-AM Sports Radio 66 AM (New York) 1,899.9
KNBR-AM 680 KNBR (San Francisco) 1,300
WEPN-FM ESPN New York 98.7 (New York) 1,149.2
WBZ-FM 98.5 The Sports Hub (Boston) 969.5
WIP-FM SportsRadio 94WIP (Philadelphia) 963.4
WXYT-FM 97.1 The Ticket (Detroit) 937.9
WXCR-AM 670 The Score (Chicago) 770
KSPN-AM ESPN LA 710 (Los Angeles) 700.4
KFXN-FM KFAN FM 100.3 (Minneapolis) 649.9
WMVP-AM ESPN Chicago 1000 (Chicago) 643

• Admin
10 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Biggest as in listening figures, or biggest square footage of office space? 

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

image.png

No idea to be honest, heard it mentioned on the air many times and also used above

Am sure in this day and age if it was not accurate there is not a chance it could be used in their tag line and advertising

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I still have the programme from this game and they were the only 'famous' names that played. Brazil has mentioned several times on 'air' that he made his league debut at AG.

I think we got battered 4-1 or 5-1 on aggregate in the Youth Cup final. I do remember AG being pretty full for the return leg.

oh yes. We were absolutely battered over the two legs all right. They were a good side. Was Brian Talbot playing that night too?

3 hours ago, phantom said:

No idea to be honest, heard it mentioned on the air many times and also used above

Am sure in this day and age if it was not accurate there is not a chance it could be used in their tag line and advertising

Owned by Murdoch's News Corp I believe, an organisation always dedicated to telling the truth. ?

32 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Owned by Murdoch's News Corp I believe, an organisation always dedicated to telling the truth. ?

Indeed MNC is well known for its inaccuracies but when it comes advertising TS won’t want face a hefty fine issued by the Advertising Standard Authority for breaching their regulations.

Same applies to all types of advertising.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, but that's not the point.... obviously :facepalm:

(How's my Robbored impression?)

It's a bit zz zz zz zz zz!.

9 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I still have the programme from this game and they were the only 'famous' names that played. Brazil has mentioned several times on 'air' that he made his league debut at AG.....

Alan Brazil made his league debut for Ipswich in a game against Man Utd on 14 January 1978....

9 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Shame drive time in the afternoon with Adrian Durham is so f'ing awlful.

Total windup merchant

And let's not get started on the adverts. More adverts (mostly gambling) than talking about any sport.

And while I'm on my soap box why do all of their match commentaries sound like a 1980s broadcast away in Azerbaijan?

I'm prepared to listen to Talksport occasionally, and occasionally they do have some interesting topics and guests. but.......................Adrian"Smug Fecker" Durham is without doubt the Airwaves biggest tosser.......as soon as I hear his voice I'm outta there!

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

How do you know ‘virtually every football manager tunes in to TS’ ??! All 92 of them? Or does ‘virtually’ mean 80 plus? Surely they are at their clubs’ training grounds, too busy to listen to the radio?! You’ve obviously spoken to all of them to post such a claim, genuinely interested to know how many ‘tune in’.....cheers....

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

TalkSport wouldn’t be allowed to broadcast untrue information. 

They do it all the time....eg - a few years ago Adrian Durham said ‘live on air’ that the leading scorer in league one was a Peterborough player....I immediately sent the show a text to point out it was in fact Sam Baldock of Bristol City who was the leading scorer at the time....they corrected themselves......so they do broadcast untrue information.....more guff from you....

Archived