IGNORED

Leeds Utd allocation and ticketing

BCFC1512

50 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I’m actually thinking of a neighbour of mine who is a Wolves fan. I don’t think there are any public order issues if the people involved are sensible. If you dress neutrally and keep your trap shut, you are not going to attract any trouble. Of course, if you wear a shirt, celebrate when you score and talk a lot in a distinctive accent, then you’re an idiot and shouldn’t try it.

But I don’t think away fans necessarily should or can be kept out, frankly.

Well yes- it is very hard to detect sensible away fans in home ends. If they have the right address, even more so if they have a membership via the rugby or a booking history at a ground in the home end (for argument's sake take in a big game or 2 as a neutral). Go under the radar and all will pass off peacefully. No public order issues likely in that scenario- do any of the above 'Celebrate, wear shirt, talk a lot etc'- yeah it will cause problems and they will be out!

However it is certainly possible- I know 2 Aston Villa fans who were in the Lansdown in September- much to my surprise! Only found out they were there when I saw their social media a week later.? However there so far as I recall were no incidents in the Lansdown with away fans that evening so I am assuming they behaved themselves. Possible too I saw in another stand a Middlesbrough fan I used to work with, again under the radar in August at the front of stand but couldn't quite make it out from high up. Of course it has been done and likely will be done in the future but any who draw attention to themselves in a meaningful way will be out.

2 minutes ago, swampy said:

Last Saturday saw a gas head and a Shrews fan and a City fan sat together at the Mem ... ditto in a home fans' pub pre match ... but because we have more than 2 CSEs we had a good afternoon ... sadly most football fans are stupid!

Ah so that was the city fan who was pelting missiles at the car going to hospital. And we all thought they were deluded in blaming city fans..! 

24 minutes ago, swampy said:

Last Saturday saw a gas head and a Shrews fan and a City fan sat together at the Mem ... ditto in a home fans' pub pre match ... but because we have more than 2 CSEs we had a good afternoon ... sadly most football fans are stupid!

Some academically bright people don't know how to behave at football matches and think it is perfectly alright to celebrate in the home ends when they are following the visitors, and are then outraged when people around them turn into "knuckle draggers".

Until the club vigorously enforces a zero tolerance and gets the OB onside to ensure that such behaviour is seen for what it is and is punished to the maximum available, then this will go on forever, and one day something serious may happen to a visitor that will reflect badly on the club.

Back in 2012, I watched City play Leeds - the 3-0 defeat when both James Wilson (remember him, potential Everton star, currently playing for Lincoln?) and Yannick Bolasie got sent off.

Unfortunately for City, Leeds were able to play not only Snodgrass, Becchio and McCormack, but also a youngster back on loan from Villa, Fabian Delph. 

City were totally outplayed and, the result notwithstanding, a very enjoyable afternoon was spent in what was then the Williams Stand next to two scarf-wearing Leeds supporters, who cheered each goal, but, apart from that, were able to discuss and argue with me quite amiably about the merits of both our teams.

Oh, and they also condemned quite vociferously their fellow Leeds fans in the East End, who were trying to join us!

Why would anybody want them ejected?

35 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Back in 2012, I watched City play Leeds - the 3-0 defeat when both James Wilson (remember him, potential Everton star, currently playing for Lincoln?) and Yannick Bolasie got sent off.

Unfortunately for City, Leeds were able to play not only Snodgrass, Becchio and McCormack, but also a youngster back on loan from Villa, Fabian Delph. 

City were totally outplayed and, the result notwithstanding, a very enjoyable afternoon was spent in what was then the Williams Stand next to two scarf-wearing Leeds supporters, who cheered each goal, but, apart from that, were able to discuss and argue with me quite amiably about the merits of both our teams.

Oh, and they also condemned quite vociferously their fellow Leeds fans in the East End, who were trying to join us!

Why would anybody want them ejected?

It's not rational and it's a bit petty but I just don't like the idea of other teams fans sat next to me and openly cheering. Can't really explain it any better than that.. maybe it's just years of being used to segregation?

18 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

It's not rational and it's a bit petty but I just don't like the idea of other teams fans sat next to me and openly cheering. Can't really explain it any better than that.. maybe it's just years of being used to segregation?

It’s odd that, on the whole, rugby seems to have a better, more grown up attitude to friendly rivalry. Shame I don’t like rugby!

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

It’s odd that, on the whole, rugby seems to have a better, more grown up attitude to friendly rivalry. Shame I don’t like rugby!

No offence but probably the worst actual violence at AG in recent years were at rugby matches. I have seen numerous fights at big games in and around stadiums.

On 11/02/2019 at 13:36, BessexRED said:

Just having a look at the tickets sales for the Leeds game next month and they seem to be flying off the shelf. 

If you get a minute @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could you check how many have been sold in the home ends so far including STHs? Leeds' haven't announced details for it yet but they'll sale the 3,700 should the police allow that ( @JulieH?) so can add that figure immediately.

I spoke to the club this evening and the away allocation for Leeds will be 2600.

11 hours ago, Leveller said:

Problem is, in my experience it makes for quite a sanitised atmosphere? 

People on here talk about how corporate football is becoming, well rugby has been corporate forever! 

9 minutes ago, harrys said:

Why? There aren’t a great number of home tickets left, seems obvious to me to keep  the corner of the Atyeo as an overflow for home fans

I doubt it will be for that. Far more likely to be a large area of netting between Atyeo & Dolman stands. 

Can’t really blame the club for that, after the Swansea incidents. 

45 minutes ago, harrys said:

Why? There aren’t a great number of home tickets left, seems obvious to me to keep  the corner of the Atyeo as an overflow for home fans

Won’t be that! I’d be happy if it was! But unfortunately it’s just lazy policing! London, Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield all manage massive away followings!

13 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Not when I spoke to the club at the game yesterday.

away fans only 

How do other teams with big rivalries manage to police games with a mere line of stewards / police between the two sets of fans in the same stand yet at AG we can’t even police a whole separate stand without segregation? Smacks of massive imcompetence to me. 

Archived