IGNORED

Leeds Utd allocation and ticketing

BCFC1512

2 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

Verloc. Obviously I hope we beat you on Saturday but I have you nailed on for auto promotion with (I think) Sheff U

Leeds is a club that (obviously) should be in the PL. 

I am old enough to remember seeing the famous Don Revie Leeds side of the late 1970's at Ashton Gate when we were both in the old 1st Division. Just after I started supporting City. 

That squad included Norman (bite yer leg) Hunter and Joe Jordan - both of whom would play for us in the twilight of their careers. 

And who could forget Billy Bremner ? 

BCFC have come a long way since our famous successive demotions from the old 1st Div to Div 4 in the 1980's.

Might be wrong, but I don't think any other club has ever done that.

We now have a redeveloped stadium fit for the PL.

Apart from my prediction about Auto for you, I think we will just sneak into the play-offs and beat Norwich in the final ! 

Which would put right the sad fact that there has never been a PL club in the South-West of England, 

See you at Elland Rd in the PL next season ! 

AND may there be no trouble at AG on Saturday. Could do without that after just 200 or so  idiots from Swansea caused a load of trouble at our place. 

Wolves went from First to Fourth in successive seasons about four years after us.

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

who were the only team (as far as I know ) to do it t'other way round ?

8 hours ago, SX227 said:

Wimbledon?

They nearly did it but spent a couple of seasons in div 2 on their way from the basement to the top....three promotions in four seasons I believe...Gretna did it in Scotland though!

11 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

Verloc. Obviously I hope we beat you on Saturday but I have you nailed on for auto promotion with (I think) Sheff U

I am old enough to remember seeing the famous Don Revie Leeds side of the late 1970's at Ashton Gate when we were both in the old 1st Division. Just after I started supporting City. 

That squad included Norman (bite yer leg) Hunter and Joe Jordan - both of whom would play for us in the twilight of their careers. 

BCFC have come a long way since our famous successive demotions from the old 1st Div to Div 4 in the 1980's.

Apart from my prediction about Auto for you, I think we will just sneak into the play-offs and beat Norwich in the final ! 

Which would put right the sad fact that there has never been a PL club in the South-West of England, 

AND may there be no trouble at AG on Saturday. Could do without that after just 200 or so  idiots from Swansea caused a load of trouble at our place. 

My Dad first took me to ER at the end of the 1960s and I've been going ever since. Plenty of ups and downs in that period, and the last 15 years or so have been the worst of all - with some truly terrible owners/chairmen who, to be honest, have been in it for their own ends and just seen the club as a cash-cow. Things are on the up right now, and I'd love us to get promoted. Not that I think I'd enjoy the PL more than The Championship, I'd just like us to compete at the highest level again. Good luck to Bristol City (after Saturday of course) and like you, I hope that all fans go to enjoy themselves and watch a game of football, not cause trouble.

11 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

Sorry to be pedantic but you wouldn’t of seen a Don Revie Leeds side in the late ‘70’s

15 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Did you go when we lost 3-2 there? They must’ve had no more than 100 fans in there. They’ve missed out on a whole lot of cash this season which may be a regret of theirs if they go down this season with the size of their wage bill.

I was in the away end when we lost 3-2, we had sold out, the 'singing section' had about 200 in there and a few large flags covering the seats, looks really stupid.

9 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Quite right harrys. Just checked and he left Leeds to become England Manager in 1974. So who took over from him at Leeds  back then ? 

Brian Clough. He lasted 2 months. Followed by Jimmy Armfield.

9 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Quite right harrys. Just checked and he left Leeds to become England Manager in 1974. So who took over from him at Leeds  back then ? 

Brian Clough, then Jimmy Armfield, then Jock Stein, then Jimmy Adamson. Clough and Stein didn't stick around for too long??

2 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Brian Clough. He lasted 2 months. Followed by Jimmy Armfield.

Joe Jordan was on the magic sponge podcast and offered some insight into Clough's 40 odd days at Leeds, apparently for 14 of them (which were the first two weeks of pre-season) he was led abroad somewhere on a sunbed :laugh:

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

Shame, can’t see why they don’t do the same as last years Manchester cup games

Probably because us v Leeds is always a bit more fiesty than games v the Manchester sides. Especially with the trouble during the Swansea match the club won't want to be in the public spotlight for the wrong reason

2 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Joe Jordan was on the magic sponge podcast and offered some insight into Clough's 40 odd days at Leeds, apparently for 14 of them (which were the first two weeks of pre-season) he was led abroad somewhere on a sunbed :laugh:

This is true. Think he was on a family holiday when the appointment was announced. He didn't rush back, which he's perfectly entitled to do, but perhaps didn't create the greatest of first impressions. In all honesty, appointing him in the first place was probably the biggest mistake, because he'd been very critical of Revie and a number of the players in the past. Johnny Giles was Revie's recommendation, but the Directors didn't want to upset Bremner, who they knew would want the job.

12 minutes ago, Verloc said:

This is true. Think he was on a family holiday when the appointment was announced. He didn't rush back, which he's perfectly entitled to do, but perhaps didn't create the greatest of first impressions. In all honesty, appointing him in the first place was the greatest mistake, because he'd been very critical of Revie and a number of the players in the past. Johnny Giles was Revie's recommendation, but the Directors didn't want to upset Bremner, who they knew would want the job.

Sounds slightly similar to Bruce at Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Just 8 tickets remain on sale.

I work with a guy who tried to buy 3 tickets for himself and two young sons this morning but couldn’t get three together so that’s three customers lost, if only there were some extra seats in the Atyeo.................

Archived