IGNORED

Leeds Utd allocation and ticketing

BCFC1512

21 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Further research:

Bristol City net home attendance average 2016/17 - 17,874.

Bristol City home fans in attendance vs Leeds - 17,634.

Big draw.

But you claim loads of Leeds fans go in the home stands. Take them out and not only are Leeds not a big draw, they are a disincentive to go down and watch! 

You are tying yourself in knots.

56 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

But you claim loads of Leeds fans go in the home stands. Take them out and not only are Leeds not a big draw, they are a disincentive to go down and watch! 

You are tying yourself in knots.

No, I claimed that hundreds of Leeds fans had tickets in the home end for Saturday which has been confirmed. The attendance in 16/17 Leeds didn't even fill their own end let alone fill ours.

11 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Morning, I know chances are very slim but is there anyone willing to swap my lansdown lower tier ticket for a ticket in ether the dolman or south stand? Basically brother in law over from Australia and I could only manage to get him a ticket in the lansdown stand, but me and my boy are in the south stand, and it’s not so much to watch the game with him... it’s having a beer in the concourse before and half time etc!! I know the chances are slim but worth a go!! 

Thanks

There'll be spare seats in the South Stand he can just move over after 5 mins mate.

11 hours ago, MattWSM said:

If several hundred have been revoked from Leeds does that mean those seats will not be resold and will be empty, otherwise there would be 2 tickets in circulation if resold?

The new tickets would just have different barcodes, and the old ones wouldn't work any more. 

24 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Morning, I know chances are very slim but is there anyone willing to swap my lansdown lower tier ticket for a ticket in ether the dolman or south stand? Basically brother in law over from Australia and I could only manage to get him a ticket in the lansdown stand, but me and my boy are in the south stand, and it’s not so much to watch the game with him... it’s having a beer in the concourse before and half time etc!! I know the chances are slim but worth a go!! 

Thanks

You can still have a beer in the concourse mate.

You can walk  from the Atyeo end of the Dolman all the way to the Atyeo end of the Lansdown through the concourses.

7 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Wasn’t sure if you can get from lansdown stand though to the south stand? If so then that’s sweet!! Never really looked!! 

You could walk all the way from the far end of the Lansdown, through the South Stand and to the far end of the Dolman if you so desired. 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Wasn’t sure if you can get from lansdown stand though to the south stand? If so then that’s sweet!! Never really looked!! 

@Gratz260689 when was the last time you came to Ashton Gate, the bowl underneath has been there for a few seasons now

On 06/03/2019 at 15:15, SR1 said:

I certainly wouldn't rule out some of our idiots damaging stuff in the concourse/toilets etc. I've seen it myself although generally it's coked/pissed up younger fans swinging on supports etc while chanting and getting some songs going that are responsible. Nevertheless damage is damage.

But somewhat provocatively I'd suggest that 2,600 of us will be able to do quite a bit of damage if we want. It won't take another 1,000! It does seem strange as I'm sure any damage and extra policing wouldn't cost the equivalent of the lost ticket price, food and beer (if sold etc). Possibly £35,000 left on the table there.

Different clubs, police and advisory groups have totally different attitudes it seems. Reading is nothing to do with us. 2,100 is all anyone gets while the 200 or so Reading Club 1871 members rattle around the other 2,500 seats hugging to keep warm. If anything clubs have increased our allocations where possible. Blackburn up to 8,000, Boro from 2,900 to 4,500, QPR the full end of 3,100 (twice, once in the FA Cup), and Preston are sending the full 5,500 across the Pennines without a murmur.

Actually come to think of it Derby reduced our allocation from 2,800 to 2,000 allegedly because Derby Station was shut due to engineering works. That really was a strange one.

But overall clubs seem happy to give us more when they can, so unless we're particularly unruly at Bristol City compared to other grounds I can only presume that the powers that be bottled it.

I think a lot of the reduction is to do with what happened at the Swansea game if I’m honest.

The old bill got it all wrong that day 

On 06/03/2019 at 14:23, JBFC II said:

Sheffield united was the last game of the season, which is always a large crowd. 

Wolves was a new years game, 2nd v 1st with a sell out away end, of course that was going to be a big crowd......

....but you said in a previous post on this thread that a game vs Leeds had a lower crowd because it was on tv - yet it wasn’t on tv you were incorrect. However, that game vs Wolves, that you mention above, was on tv and you still say ‘...of course that was going to be a big crowd...’ - so you’ve contradicted yourself.....either you think being ‘live’ on tv affects attendances or you don’t....and before you say “but the Wolves game was a big game” - you’ve also said loads on here that Leeds is always a big game because they are a ‘big draw’.....can’t believe I’ve got between you and @BessexREDin your ongoing spat (!) - I’ll take a step back, but you do make some bizarre statements.....

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....but you said in a previous post on this thread that a game vs Leeds had a lower crowd because it was on tv - yet it wasn’t on tv you were incorrect. However, that game vs Wolves, that you mention above, was on tv and you still say ‘...of course that was going to be a big crowd...’ - so you’ve contradicted yourself.....either you think being ‘live’ on tv affects attendances or you don’t....and before you say “but the Wolves game was a big game” - you’ve also said loads on here that Leeds is always a big game because they are a ‘big draw’.....can’t believe I’ve got between you and @BessexREDin your ongoing spat (!) - I’ll take a step back, but you do make some bizarre statements.....

Your post's are sometimes very hard to read but I'll give it my best shot. 

I thought the Leeds game was on the TV, if not apologies but it was still a night game which lowers the crowd. Comparing any Leeds game to wolves last season is pointless anyway, Wolves was 1st v 2nd, 9 days after one of the biggest wins in our history and near Christmas, three things that would guarantee a sell out, so yes it was a big game. 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Your post's are sometimes very hard to read but I'll give it my best shot. 

I thought the Leeds game was on the TV, if not apologies but it was still a night game which lowers the crowd. Comparing any Leeds game to wolves last season is pointless anyway, Wolves was 1st v 2nd, 9 days after one of the biggest wins in our history and near Christmas, three things that would guarantee a sell out, so yes it was a big game. 

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. However, the Wolves game wasn’t a sellout and being near Xmas is no guarantee of big crowds due to the huge financial burdens on many families around that time.....and you say night games ‘lowers the crowd’ - that’s always an interesting debate because lots of guys I know attend midweek games because they can’t do so on a Saturday due to playing for their own local teams...

I haven’t analysed attendances or anything like that but going back over the last 20 years or so I’ve always heard stories of loads of lads watching us on a Tuesday because they can’t do so on a Saturday. So I don’t necessarily agree that night games lower the crowds.....and you haven’t really answered the question about whether you think being ‘live’ on tv affects attendances or not....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. However, the Wolves game wasn’t a sellout and being near Xmas is no guarantee of big crowds due to the huge financial burdens on many families around that time.....and you say night games ‘lowers the crowd’ - that’s always an interesting debate because lots of guys I know attend midweek games because they can’t do so on a Saturday due to playing for their own local teams...

I haven’t analysed attendances or anything like that but going back over the last 20 years or so I’ve always heard stories of loads of lads watching us on a Tuesday because they can’t do so on a Saturday. So I don’t necessarily agree that night games lower the crowds.....and you haven’t really answered the question about whether you think being ‘live’ on tv affects attendances or not....

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/wolves-clash-made-all-ticket/ this was from the day before the game, it would have almost certainly sold out. 

I reckon if you compared out weeknight figures with weekend figures, when you add in people who live outside of Bristol plus kids it would make up a fair proportion of our fan base who can’t make night games, hence why the threads on here about people not renewing their season tickets due to too many weeknight games this season. So yes, weeknight games are most of the time less we’ll attended. 

And of course being on tv affects attendances, I didn’t even know that was a question

• Admin
11 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The new tickets would just have different barcodes, and the old ones wouldn't work any more. 

In theory that is what SHOULD happen but... 

2 hours ago, daored said:

I think a lot of the reduction is to do with what happened at the Swansea game if I’m honest.

The old bill got it all wrong that day 

Already mentioned elsewhere it was as a result of their support damaging the atyeo stand last season, the decision had been made before the Swansea debacle 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/wolves-clash-made-all-ticket/ this was from the day before the game, it would have almost certainly sold out. 

And of course being on tv affects attendances, I didn’t even know that was a question

Cheers....so you think the ‘live’ on TV game vs Wolves sold out .....but you maintain ‘of course being on TV affects attendances’ - so still a contradiction - anyway, that’ll do for me tonight....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers....so you think the ‘live’ on TV game vs Wolves sold out .....but you maintain ‘of course being on TV affects attendances’ - so still a contradiction - anyway, that’ll do for me tonight....

Being live does affect attendances, it would have sold out either way...

Have a look at the Ipswich crowd on Tuesday night and compare that to say Bolton in the league, the attendances will be very different

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Already mentioned elsewhere it was as a result of their support damaging the atyeo stand last season, the decision had been made before the Swansea debacle 

Didn’t know decision made prior to Swansea game but like @SR1 says does if the reason is due to damage, does it matter on allocation?

Could give an away team 10,000 tickets or 100 it won’t stop damage it’s an individual decision to cause damage regardless of allocation 

On 05/03/2019 at 17:59, Marlborough Red said:

Fantastic to get a sell out. However we know that an awful lot of ST holders don't turn up for one reason or another , particularly in the South Stand.

I see no reason why the Club cant resale these tickets when advised by ST holders. Must be possible top get a system in place where ST holders get some kind of credit for doing this . Extra revenue for the Club and more bums on seats.

Top clubs never seem to have this problem with no empty seats on view. Come on City , sort it out.

Top clubs have systems because they sell out frequently so the cost of the system makes it worthwhile. 

We sell out so infrequently, why would anyone bother to buy on resale rather than direct from the club? 

1 hour ago, daored said:

Didn’t know decision made prior to Swansea game but like @SR1 says does if the reason is due to damage, does it matter on allocation?

Could give an away team 10,000 tickets or 100 it won’t stop damage it’s an individual decision to cause damage regardless of allocation 

I think 2,700 fans could if minded  to do so, cause some damage yes, but I doubt it'll happen again.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think 2,700 fans could if minded  to do so, cause some damage yes, but I doubt it'll happen again.

I'm very much afraid that the same, or replacement, idiots, will do the same this time. I've seen videos of other clubs doing it at various grounds as well (Forest, Villa for certain). Swinging from light fittings seems to be a particular attraction to some people. They're often down doing it as the game is going on, whether we're winning or losing.

It's a time consuming and expensive way of pretending to be a monkey, but whatever floats your boat...

2 minutes ago, SR1 said:

I'm very much afraid that the same, or replacement, idiots, will do the same this time. I've seen videos of other clubs doing it at various grounds as well (Forest, Villa for certain). Swinging from light fittings seems to be a particular attraction to some people. They're often down doing it as the game is going on, whether we're winning or losing.

It's a time consuming and expensive way of pretending to be a monkey, but whatever floats your boat...

Were they doing the Funky Gibbon(older fans will remember it and cringe).

11 hours ago, daored said:

Kind of like it shouldn’t be down to police to need to stop hundreds of grown men fighting each other..? Yet you blame the police for people acting like *********..?! 

• Admin
11 hours ago, daored said:

But I would assume it is easier to police and control less people

Archived