IGNORED

WARNOCK nearing the end?

pillred

Considering the miracles he has worked at Cardiff, they should be looking to sack the players who've supposedly 'lost faith' in him.

The players are far too powerful at football clubs, and it will be a sad reflection of that fact if Warnock goes.

I’ve made my feelings pretty clear on Warnock before. I can’t stand him and would never want him at Ashton Gate. Even with his track record, yes! 

However, I think Cardiff have done pretty darn well this season. I expected them to be some way adrift at the bottom, yet there’s every chance they are going to stay up, which could only be deemed as “success” for them this season. 

The fact he got them there in the first place is a miracle.

The fact that he is continuing his job, and displaying such admirable resilience and empathy after the Emiliano Sala tragedy, is something that any rational individual should have huge respect for.

Sadly, while football can stop and be sentimental at times, but then it is back to the unforgiving grind and the media will jump on you after a few bad results. I never thought I would say this in my life, but for the sake of Neil Warnock ending his career on a high after such a horrible personal time for him, I would like for him to keep Cardiff up. Yes, you read that correctly. I had to read it myself a few times too. For context, I have always hated Cardiff more than Rovers, due to supporting City since 2006 and never living in Bristol. I meant those words in the immediate aftermath of the Sala tragedy, and I still mean them now.

Plus, if we end up going up this year what a derby we would have in the Premier League!

I'm reading one of his old bios at the moment and he was ready to quit about 5 years ago when he left QPR so I am surprised he's still going and got the bug. The parallels with the job he did at QPR are uncanny and they gave him the boot because some agent thought Mark Hughes would do a better job and turned he owners head. Wouldn't be surprised if someone was doing the same thing to Mr Tan currently.

Warnock is a bit of a marmite character but I've certainly got a bit of time for him after reading the book and the way he can get a team to play above their level over a season must mean he has a certain ability as a manager especially at Championship level. The fact that Cardiff aren't way adrift at the bottom is also testament to his abilities even if he has a bit of a mouth on him. :)

47 minutes ago, Super said:

I think he was close to walking after the Sala tragedy. That alone has looked like it's taken everything out of him.

I agree. And I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way at all towards Sala, but if Cardiff had any thoughts about sacking him they weren’t able to do so with the world watching them so it kind of saved him perhaps too.

Yes I know they had just agreed to let Warnock spend millions on a player but stranger things have happened.

3 hours ago, pillred said:

Looks like the players are losing faith with Colin, there's talk of unrest with some of their players, can't be long now till it's bye bye.

So, two ex Cardiff players claim the players aren’t happy and you believe it’s the end for Warnock?

One of those players left the club in 1994 and the other played one game for them in 2015 having initially left the club 14 years ago ..... I wouldn’t believe every ‘sensational’ story you read in the media...

Like his style of football or not he's been a real character for the game and has achieved a lot more than most. It'll be a sad day for me when he retires from the football. He's been a real pantomime baddie but can i imagine he'd be quite good company over a couple of pints?

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

With the circumstances he has had to contend with I think Warnock will walk at the end of the season anyway

I agree he will gone in the summer either way, personally i think he's done a superb job this year and last with very little, all kinds of circumstances are now working against Cardiff though and i think there go down by quite a few points in the end. 

58 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, two ex Cardiff players claim the players aren’t happy and you believe it’s the end for Warnock?

One of those players left the club in 1994 and the other played one game for them in 2015 having initially left the club 14 years ago ..... I wouldn’t believe every ‘sensational’ story you read in the media...

No smoke without fire and all that but wouldn't be surprised to see him leaving the club by "mutual consent" in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That said, both Gabbidon and Blake are very active in the media in Wales and are pretty astute about what's going on around the South Wales clubs.  I wouldn't dismiss their comments just yet.

5 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Considering the miracles he has worked at Cardiff, they should be looking to sack the players who've supposedly 'lost faith' in him.

The players are far too powerful at football clubs, and it will be a sad reflection of that fact if Warnock goes.

Wow, have a like. Certainly beats the usual Colin posts.

I think they will stick with him. The comparative small amount they have spent will be offset nicely with the figures they will get from going up and down. Probably will make a change at the end of the season though.

2 hours ago, marksy said:

Like his style of football or not he's been a real character for the game and has achieved a lot more than most. It'll be a sad day for me when he retires from the football. He's been a real pantomime baddie but can i imagine he'd be quite good company over a couple of pints?

When I was in Looe a couple of years back he bought my friend and I a pint and spoke to us for a good half hour. Proper bloke.

1 hour ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

You understand that Willie Mckay’s son, Jack, who openly admits helping to arrange the trip, is a Cardiff player right?

As is his twin brother Paul it seems.

Meanwhile, James Warnock is an agent.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/17/everythings-a-little-too-cosy-in-footballs-game-of-family-fortunes

2 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

That said, both Gabbidon and Blake are very active in the media in Wales and are pretty astute about what's going on around the South Wales clubs.  I wouldn't dismiss their comments just yet.

Lots of ex players are vocal in the media with a remit to ‘sell’ newspapers and stories online - do you know how they are astute about what goes on at Cardiff City? Especially as Nathan Blake runs a property management company now and I think he’s still bitter about holding the record for the most number of relegations from the premier league as a player - five!!!!

2 hours ago, Diddlydonkey said:

When I was in Looe a couple of years back he bought my friend and I a pint and spoke to us for a good half hour. Proper bloke.

Cheepskate!

You'd have thought with his money he'd buy you a pint each.  

5 hours ago, marksy said:

Yes the Brian Clough of todays game hes done wonders with the money at his disposal Madine an Tomlin were to bad signings but a great character in the game

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So what are you implying? Given the media reports of ‘not a whiff of any wrong-doing’.....

Smacks of a phrase inserted by lawyers. Nevertheless, from Daniel Taylor's piece: 

.. the point to note here is that the FA does have rules, under Section E4 of the Working with Intermediaries Regulations, to specify clubs and agents should not do business with one another if there is a family link.

Needless to say the FA doesn't do compliance.

Still, no doubt the McKay twins would have been spotted by scouts anyway and will have long and successful careers in the Cardiff first team in due course.

Archived