IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 35

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Completely played into their hands with how negative we’ve been. 

They're an excellent side but we haven’t half made it easy for them. 

Agree, but I don’t think Leeds ate excellent. They love onlt actually created the one chance/

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I don’t know if you’re here, but whilst I can see how Leeds are a good side in this league, we really have been very very poor

Agree with that. 

If our passing and movement were better we could give them a decent game but we just haven't been able to get those basics right today and Leeds are good enough to punish us.

HT 0-1, missed last 5 mins as BCTV went down. Before that, well, poor decision by LJ to start Semenyo left wing instead of up front with Fammy, cost us their goal. Since about 25 mins in Semenyo gone central, but forward passes from Kalas, Webster, Pack & Brownhill have been really poor. Leeds pressing us well and whoever is in possession just panics and fails to pass to a red shirt, unless they go backwards or sideways.

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Agree, but I don’t think Leeds ate excellent. They love onlt actually created the one chance/

I do. I’d say they’re the best championship side I’ve seen here in a long time despite the narrow scoreline  

Only one chance? They could have easily had 2 or 3 already and it feels like they’ve not even got out of first gear because they haven’t been remotely challenged. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you booed at half time, you are an idiot.

I don’t really get this issue with booing. 

I don’t boo but can get it if it’s a shocking performance like this. Doesn’t mean they’re booing them as a whole over the season or the club in general. 

Its the only real way fans can show disappointment at the performance whilst at the ground. 

I think it’s good the players know that that is an unacceptable performance. 

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I don’t know if you’re here, but whilst I can see how Leeds are a good side in this league, we really have been very very poor

No I’m in a completely different country so watching on BCTV. So I defer to your judgment.

I do think Leeds are very good, but my point was more that sometimes it’s not all about us Using a half of poor football as a basis upon which to say that the football club “never learns” / should be investing in January etc just annoys me. 

Sometimes we’re just outplayed/ out thought. ******* annoying but let’s concentrate on that. 

We need to come put of the blocks firing on all cylinders start of the 2nd Half. 

Midfield is completely over run.....need more presence there..  .  

Need to go for 2nd balls.....twice communication errors have set them on on a quick counter.

Get FD off......he's in effective........has been out of the game too much.....spends too much time in the dirt. Needs some cement in his cereal to harden up a bit....

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I don’t really get this issue with booing. 

I don’t boo but can get it if it’s a shocking performance like this. Doesn’t mean they’re booing them as a whole over the season or the club in general. 

Its the only real way fans can show disappointment at the performance whilst at the ground. 

I think it’s good the players know that that is an unacceptable performance. 

“Shocking performance”? No, not great, but not shocking. Leeds are a good side doing a good job on us.

We’re 6th in the league and a single goal down at half time to a team 3rd in the league. Booing is a petulant, childish reaction that does nothing but discourage the team when the need the exact opposite. This performance in these circumstances nowhere near warrants that reaction.

I think any criticism of our performance has to be mitigated by the fact that Leeds are a very strong team doing an excellent job of stopping us playing but we have been sloppy and lucky to only be 1-0. We need a change of shape and approach.

One thing I would say is Leeds look more uncomfortable when we run at them than pass through them. That could give us a window.

Archived