IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 35

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

Derby FT just gotta win Tuesday

WBA couldn't beat Ipswich and with the increasingly pedestrian way we play at home I wouldn't be over confident.

We seem to have run out of steam again, though unlike last season we can't put it down to injuries.

Well, a loss against Leeds is not a tragedy...but our recent form (1 point in 4 matches) is not encourageing, especially if we take a look at our next fixtures (Blades,Boro,WBA,Derby, etc.).

Probably we aren't ready for a playoff challenge, but let's see what happens...

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Big crowd bottle jobs....

Nope, last season's efforts show that's not true. Just got done by a very athletic team, denied us any space and time, they excelled in quickly getting overloads all over the pitch, on at least one occasion Pato ended up in midfield with at least 3 players in very close proximity around him. Fammy was handled brilliantly by Johanssen. They caused us to rush and misplace the passes, so I would argue that they stopped us from playing well. Leeds are a good team and I daresay that we won't play too many like that.

Shame about yet another soft goal.

2 minutes ago, desert said:

Why do we always have crappy first halves at home these days. What happened to coming out of the blocks with some intensity and belief. It’s a bit same old same old over the last 4 games at home - including qpr 

Well, today, the answer is that LJ was more concerned with the opponent than us - a criticism that has been levelled at him more than once. 

10 men behind the ball all first half even at 0-1. Once again left wondering what we could have got out of the game had we played the way we did in the second half from the off. 

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Always the bridesmaid.

We expected to get beat by the mighty Leeds and Bielsa .

Showed them way too much respect and good bye top six .

exactly this Major - very disappointing to only start playing after 70mins. Too little too late.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

A few of the other results have slightly reduced my gloom..... ‘Boro losing and Derby and WBA both drawing. 

Same as last year....hoping for other teams to **** up as we can't get our own house in order.

A top 6 position was there for the taking this season 

V poor first half, looked so unsure of ourselves. 2nd half we woke up slightly and at least put ourselves about a bit, despite the boos ;). But Leeds outclassed ultimately. Didn’t help that the ref fell for the repeated shithousing. 

In conclusion...

i ******* hate Leeds 

Disappointing result. But Leeds are a quality side at this level. Streetwise. Managed by one of the best in the business. As we are neither of those things I thought that was a decent second half. Encouraging for the future.  Doubt we'll make the play-offs. But I'm happy for us to still be in the mix. 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well, today, the answer is that LJ was more concerned with the opponent than us - a criticism that has been levelled at him more than once. 

10 men behind the ball all first half even at 0-1. Once again left wondering what we could have got out of the game had we played the way we did in the second half from the off. 

Tbf to LJ the players didn’t perform at all first half. I’m not sure keeping it tight and hitting on the break is the worst idea against a talented and strong Leeds team, but you need to be v organised and also be able to string a couple of passes together. 

Thought starting with Semenyo was a bad decision though particularly playing him out wide which carries a lot of tactical responsibility in this team. 

Archived