IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 35

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Same as last year....hoping for other teams to **** up as we can't get our own house in order.

A top 6 position was there for the taking this season 

Sorry why was it “there for the taking” exactly? This is a league where everyone beats everyone and there are plenty of teams both above and below us working with bigger budgets. You make it sound like we’re massively under achieving and top six should be a formality. Few of us expected to be challenging for the play offs this season and yet we’re a point off 6th with a game in hand. Today is a disappointment but the bigger picture remains positive.

If we are fortunate enough to get to the play offs............it will be a bit of fun, but c'mon we are no way the 3rd best team in this league.   On our day maybe 5th or 6th, but we are really 8th or 9th.  Which is still making good progress. as to where we were.  Leeds probably showed us today how big the gap is?   However if we did make it to the play offs, then I guess it's essentially knock out football, so who knows.   But if we arrived somehow in the Prem, we would almost certainly be one season wonders.........so a season or two more in the Championship is almost certainly how it's to be,  until we are hopefully ready?

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Tbf to LJ the players didn’t perform at first half. I’m not sure keeping it tight and hitting on the break is the worst idea against a talented and strong Leeds team but you need to be v organised and also be able to string a couple of passes together. 

Thought starting with Semenyo was a bad decision though particularly playing him out wide which carries a lot of tactical responsibility in this team. 

I don’t disagree at 0-0 but at 0-1 it’s frustrating to see us sit back and let them have all the time in the world on the ball. No pressing, no energy, second to every loose ball.

He clearly asked for something completely different at HT which begs the question, why not actually try and impress our game on them from the off rather than acting like you’re playing Barcelona 

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Disappointing result. But Leeds are a quality side at this level. Streetwise. Managed by one of the best in the business. As we are neither of those things I thought that was a decent second half. Encouraging for the future.  Doubt we'll make the play-offs. But I'm happy for us to still be in the mix. 

Pretty much exactly my thoughts.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry why was it “there for the taking” exactly? This is a league where everyone beats everyone and there are plenty of teams both above and below us working with bigger budgets. You make it sound like we’re massively under achieving and top six should be a formality. Few of us expected to be challenging for the play offs this season and yet we’re a point off 6th with a game in hand. Today is a disappointment but the bigger picture remains positive.

I meant now. No one can say that how this league has panned out a top 6 isn't there for the taking. Lots of teams underachieving ...

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

How come you never seem to go to games?

I have a season ticket. 

Couldn't make today as the missus took ill this morning and had to go into hospital 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Diving, time wasting, pretending to be injured when he wasn’t and just all round general shithousery. Same as Cunningham really. 

Ahhh so he has turned into a full Leeds player now then 

Archived