IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 35

Septic Peg

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We need to freshen up the crowd a bit . It’s a long old season. 

Too many take their place for granted . Stick some youngsters in.

I  think we should buy a new crowd.........or possibly get one in on loan, Palace's aren't bad.   Lansdown can afford it for **** sake?

Need to marmalise Ipswich in midweek. No game after that for two and a half weeks so we need to go into that hiatus having arrested this latest poor run of results. Frankly, I’d we don’t beat the bottom side at home then we can kiss goodbye any chance of making the playoffs.

15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I have a season ticket. 

Couldn't make today as the missus took ill this morning and had to go into hospital 

Ahhh so he has turned into a full Leeds player now then 

Hope she gets better soon. 

Thought you were often on match day threads but maybe mistaken 

6 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Thought that trying to get semenyo in totally unbalanced the formation. Players didn’t look like they knew the gameplan, couldn’t string many passes together. Disappointing 

Agree with this. I couldn’t understand why Semenyo was on the wing, and that was even before their goal, especially when LJ was saying earlier in the week that he is the best in the squad at holding up the ball with his back to goal. I thought he was a centre forward.

Thought Famara worked his socks off and deserved a goal. 

LJ has apparently applied to the league for the rest of our fixtures to be just 45 minuter second halfs.   He surmises that as we don' t ever turn up until half time, whats the point?   Also in these hard times it would save supporters some money, as tickets would have a 50 per cent discount.  Who says were not a forward thinking club?    Bristol City ...............breaking through the glass ceiling!

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Agree with this. I couldn’t understand why Semenyo was on the wing, and that was even before their goal, especially when LJ was saying earlier in the week that he is the best in the squad at holding up the ball with his back to goal. I thought he was a centre forward.

Thought Famara worked his socks off and deserved a goal. 

Unfortunately LJ just talks a great game.........however when it comes to the actual event, he has forgotten what he already had said, so he can't really be blamed?

41 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I meant now. No one can say that how this league has panned out a top 6 isn't there for the taking. Lots of teams underachieving ...

You make it sound so easy. We are one of a number of teams in the hunt and I have no idea why you think it’s “there for the taking” for us anymore than it is anyone else.

People need to calm down a little. Derby only drew so were 1 point off with a game in hand (Ipswich at home ffs). LJ took a risk in playing Semenyo and it didn’t come off but I thought O’Leary’s distribution was good and he looked fairly solid bar that punch second half.

Leeds have a very good squad (Janson and Hernandez far too good for this league). They have the best Manager in the league. The only disappointing aspect was the first half and the lack of quality on the ball.  That said they pressed a lot and we didn’t get much time to play our stuff. 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I was thinking home games. But you are right we played great against Norwich first half, lost the game ...

I think the difference is that it was at Carrow Road. 

There does seem to be an issue about the way we consistently start games at Ashton Gate, and it is odd the think that it could be we miss out on the play offs because of home form.

8 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

People need to calm down a little. Derby only drew so were 1 point off with a game in hand (Ipswich at home ffs). LJ took a risk in playing Semenyo and it didn’t come off but I thought O’Leary’s distribution was good and he looked fairly solid bar that punch second half.

Leeds have a very good squad (Janson and Hernandez far too good for this league). They have the best Manager in the league. The only disappointing aspect was the first half and the lack of quality on the ball.  That said they pressed a lot and we didn’t get much time to play our stuff. 

Our game in hand us actually away at Middlesbrough & if we play the way we did today, we stand no chance of getting anything there. To get into the playoffs we have to at least compete with the teams around & above us. 

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Yes but the evidence suggests we won't make the playoffs 

the evidence suggests we drop away after xmas, after we get knocked out of the cup and after we have a terrible Jan transfer window.

The evidence also suggests that the past weeks planning for this game, with the use of countless coaches has failed to understand that we should have stood on there toes and got right in there faces....failed.

The evidence suggests LJ hasn't learnt too much over past seasons and points to same again next season.

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

the evidence suggests we drop away after xmas, after we get knocked out of the cup and after we have a terrible Jan transfer window.

The evidence also suggests that the past weeks planning for this game, with the use of countless coaches has failed to understand that we should have stood on there toes and got right in there faces....failed.

The evidence suggests LJ hasn't learnt too much over past seasons and points to same again next season.

All subjective and there is no guarantee that your “right in their faces” approach would have fared any better against a side who were ultimately just better.

As for “hasn’t learned much over past seasons”...

...18th, 17th, 11th, 7th.

Please name the managers in the football league who can point to nearly four seasons of consecutive league position improvement?

We lacked backbone today, men against boys. We gave them too much respect and failed to impose ourselves on them at all, bar perhaps the last 20 minutes. Disappointed we were so off our game in so many areas. Wouldn’t fancy our chances against any of those likely to be in the playoffs, we just aren’t ready. Really think we have gone as far as we can this season, and when you see teams like Leeds who had us beat from the start you can see where we fall short.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

All subjective and there is no guarantee that your “right in their faces” approach would have fared any better against a side who were ultimately just better.

As for “hasn’t learned much over past seasons”...

...18th, 17th, 11th, 7th.

Please name the managers in the football league who can point to nearly four seasons of consecutive league position improvement?

Probably ought to wait till the end of the season to put forward that argument

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Struggled to see what our game plan was today . 

Watch Leeds keep coming and step off of them for at least 15 yards each time they won the ball.

In addition we also decided to communicate via telepathy instead of actually communicating in the established mode. 

Then we decided to play FD with his 50p toe capped boots ensuring that we could never guess where the ball was going. FD was also told to fall to the ground as soon as a Leeds player came within 2 ft of him. 

Finally we asked everyone to play without passion.....

I effectively paid circa £50 for the kids and I to watch a team who looked liked they'd never played with each other. 

#disappointed

2 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Always one that make a comment like this.

Why ask ? He cannot give an answer because he doesnt have a data base and scouts at his disposal.

Professional football clubs do

But if he thought that we didn’t try to bring anyone in then surely he should have an idea of who we should have brought in...

Archived