IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 35

Septic Peg

We are fighting for a top six place , we won’t make automatic promotion that is clear.

LJ’s change of formation ?

The next 45 minutes will show us if it was inspired or stupid to shift it all around at , arguably , the best side in the division.

Damned if he does , damned if he doesn’t.

We know we can get back in this .

COYR .

Poor first half with Leeds comfortable and in control, we haven’t created even a half chance. The only good news being it’s only 1-0. Huge improvement needed in the second half, blindingly obvious that the next goal is critical. Palmer maybe introduced in the hope that he can create something. Just to add to the gloom most of those around us in the table are winning at half - time.

If we can turn this around in the second half it will be massive!

COYR.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It's not a pointless argument. It's a pretty obvious fact. We needed reinforcements to continue the momentum....but we didn't do it.

Once again, as you ignored me the first time, who?

Name names. Quality players guaranteed to make us better that we could reasonably have expected to recruit in January.

Over to you.

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Same old names popping up here losing their collective shit....

I don’t know why, we area good championship side and will probably finish top 10. We don’t spend big and wages are controlled. We will win a lot of games but by definition will have to drop points along the way, and ultimately aren’t going to be better than the top 3 or 4 clubs. 

I enjoy supporting us at the moment

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think any criticism of our performance has to be mitigated by the fact that Leeds are a very strong team doing an excellent job of stopping us playing but we have been sloppy and lucky to only be 1-0. We need a change of shape and approach.

One thing I would say is Leeds look more uncomfortable when we run at them than pass through them.

**That could give us a window.

**we don't have much luck with windows lately though! ;) 

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think any criticism of our performance has to be mitigated by the fact that Leeds are a very strong team doing an excellent job of stopping us playing but we have been sloppy and lucky to only be 1-0. We need a change of shape and approach.

One thing I would say is Leeds look more uncomfortable when we run at them than pass through them. That could give us a window.

Exactly this. The opposition get credit for stopping us playing. Now we need to find a way to counter it. But it’s as much about Leeds quality as it is our own failings.

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It's not a pointless argument. It's a pretty obvious fact. We needed reinforcements to continue the momentum....but we didn't do it.

Who was available that would come here out of interest? These ‘reinforcemenrs’ you speak of, are they actual named players in your mind or just a vague concept? 

It was well publicised that we tried to bring in improvements up front and didn’t manage to do so. It wasn’t a conscious decision to not try as you claim. 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Exactly this. The opposition get credit for stopping us playing. Now we need to find a way to counter it. But it’s as much about Leeds quality as it is our own failings.

You mean they brought in better players than us and are better managed

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“Shocking performance”? No, not great, but not shocking. Leeds are a good side doing a good job on us.

We’re 6th in the league and a single goal down at half time to a team 3rd in the league. Booing is a petulant, childish reaction that does nothing but discourage the team when the need the exact opposite. This performance in these circumstances nowhere near warrants that reaction.

I'm not defending the booing but I think it's a p*ss-take when fans are told to cheers the team on no matter what. Yes, Leeds are a good team but you can play poorly against a good team and the only way fans can show their dissatisfaction is through booing. 
If it's never ok to boo then what would be the better option, sit there with thousands of fans being silent? Or cheers the lads on regardless despite the fact many fans are frustrated?

The City fans are annoyed/frustrated, they have every right to be when they've seen for themselves that this squad can compete with the best in this league but are not performing to that standard. The club set a standard with that unbeaten run and many of the fans talked the team up so it's hardly a surprise that when we're losing at home (again) the fans may boo. It's not excusable to boo the lads if they're not playing bad, if they are though it's the only way for the fans let the players know how they feel.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who was available that would come here out of interest? These ‘reinforcemenrs’ you speak of, are they actual named players in your mind or just a vague concept? 

It was well publicised that we tried to bring in improvements up front and didn’t manage to do so. It wasn’t a conscious decision to not try as you claim. 

It was well publicised? 

Rumours on the OTIB transfer section does not make things well publicised ?

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

It was well publicised? 

Rumours on the OTIB transfer section does not make things well publicised ?

Nah. Ashton told twentyman on the radio that we were after strikers. Think LJ confirmed it as well in pressers. It was well known, not just on OTIB.

16 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Disgrace of a first half. I should save that as template as it happens every week 

Carrow Road?

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“Shocking performance”? No, not great, but not shocking. Leeds are a good side doing a good job on us.

We’re 6th in the league and a single goal down at half time to a team 3rd in the league. Booing is a petulant, childish reaction that does nothing but discourage the team when the need the exact opposite. This performance in these circumstances nowhere near warrants that reaction.

They’ve been good. We’ve been shocking. Can’t event string a few passes together. 

I don’t feel it’s petulant personally and don’t think it makes players not want to play, if I got booed it would make me want to up my game. We’ll see I spose. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Any substitutions at half-time guys? 

Mrs Downend has finished doing whatever upstairs, so she will be replacing me on the lap top in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Talk is cheap .....

Unlike Assombalonga.

19 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I don’t really get this issue with booing. 

I don’t boo but can get it if it’s a shocking performance like this. Doesn’t mean they’re booing them as a whole over the season or the club in general. 

Its the only real way fans can show disappointment at the performance whilst at the ground. 

I think it’s good the players know that that is an unacceptable performance. 

If you’re trying and things aren’t working for you, booing is absolutely not going to magically make it better

In our GJ play off season if we went a goal down the ground erupted with noise of support / cheer to try and inspire the team. Doesn’t seem to happen anymore

Archived