Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 35

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Big crowd bottle jobs....

Nope, last season's efforts show that's not true. Just got done by a very athletic team, denied us any space and time, they excelled in quickly getting overloads all over the pitch, on at least one occasion Pato ended up in midfield with at least 3 players in very close proximity around him. Fammy was handled brilliantly by Johanssen. They caused us to rush and misplace the passes, so I would argue that they stopped us from playing well. Leeds are a good team and I daresay that we won't play too many like that.

Shame about yet another soft goal.

2 minutes ago, desert said:

Why do we always have crappy first halves at home these days. What happened to coming out of the blocks with some intensity and belief. It’s a bit same old same old over the last 4 games at home - including qpr 

Well, today, the answer is that LJ was more concerned with the opponent than us - a criticism that has been levelled at him more than once. 

10 men behind the ball all first half even at 0-1. Once again left wondering what we could have got out of the game had we played the way we did in the second half from the off. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Always the bridesmaid.

We expected to get beat by the mighty Leeds and Bielsa .

Showed them way too much respect and good bye top six .

exactly this Major - very disappointing to only start playing after 70mins. Too little too late.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

A few of the other results have slightly reduced my gloom..... ‘Boro losing and Derby and WBA both drawing. 

Same as last year....hoping for other teams to **** up as we can't get our own house in order.

A top 6 position was there for the taking this season 

V poor first half, looked so unsure of ourselves. 2nd half we woke up slightly and at least put ourselves about a bit, despite the boos ;). But Leeds outclassed ultimately. Didn’t help that the ref fell for the repeated shithousing. 

In conclusion...

i ******* hate Leeds 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Same as last year....hoping for other teams to **** up as we can't get our own house in order.

Just like everyone around us then. 

• Like 2

Disappointing result. But Leeds are a quality side at this level. Streetwise. Managed by one of the best in the business. As we are neither of those things I thought that was a decent second half. Encouraging for the future.  Doubt we'll make the play-offs. But I'm happy for us to still be in the mix. 

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well, today, the answer is that LJ was more concerned with the opponent than us - a criticism that has been levelled at him more than once. 

10 men behind the ball all first half even at 0-1. Once again left wondering what we could have got out of the game had we played the way we did in the second half from the off. 

Tbf to LJ the players didn’t perform at all first half. I’m not sure keeping it tight and hitting on the break is the worst idea against a talented and strong Leeds team, but you need to be v organised and also be able to string a couple of passes together. 

Thought starting with Semenyo was a bad decision though particularly playing him out wide which carries a lot of tactical responsibility in this team. 

Edited by RedSA
  • Like 1

Sorry why was it “there for the taking” exactly? This is a league where everyone beats everyone and there are plenty of teams both above and below us working with bigger budgets. You make it sound like we’re massively under achieving and top six should be a formality. Few of us expected to be challenging for the play offs this season and yet we’re a point off 6th with a game in hand. Today is a disappointment but the bigger picture remains positive.

• Like 4

If we are fortunate enough to get to the play offs............it will be a bit of fun, but c'mon we are no way the 3rd best team in this league.   On our day maybe 5th or 6th, but we are really 8th or 9th.  Which is still making good progress. as to where we were.  Leeds probably showed us today how big the gap is?   However if we did make it to the play offs, then I guess it's essentially knock out football, so who knows.   But if we arrived somehow in the Prem, we would almost certainly be one season wonders.........so a season or two more in the Championship is almost certainly how it's to be,  until we are hopefully ready?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Tbf to LJ the players didn’t perform at first half. I’m not sure keeping it tight and hitting on the break is the worst idea against a talented and strong Leeds team but you need to be v organised and also be able to string a couple of passes together. 

Thought starting with Semenyo was a bad decision though particularly playing him out wide which carries a lot of tactical responsibility in this team. 

I don’t disagree at 0-0 but at 0-1 it’s frustrating to see us sit back and let them have all the time in the world on the ball. No pressing, no energy, second to every loose ball.

He clearly asked for something completely different at HT which begs the question, why not actually try and impress our game on them from the off rather than acting like you’re playing Barcelona 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Forest and Preston will come above us. 

As someone else put....always the Bridesmaid 

This evening must be the most fun you’ve had in ages😂😂

• Like 1

Forest and Preston will come above us. 

As someone else put....always the Bridesmaid 

Any chance of tonight’s lottery numbers whilst the crystal ball is out? 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

It's not a pointless argument. It's a pretty obvious fact. We needed reinforcements to continue the momentum....but we didn't do it.

Who would you have bought in then? 

• Aubergine 1

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Disappointing result. But Leeds are a quality side at this level. Streetwise. Managed by one of the best in the business. As we are neither of those things I thought that was a decent second half. Encouraging for the future.  Doubt we'll make the play-offs. But I'm happy for us to still be in the mix. 

Pretty much exactly my thoughts.

• Like 1

We don't stand a cat in hell's chance of getting in the play offs. Five games without a win now, and a very hard run of games to come. We're also not scoring goals. Deja vu time...

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Who would you have bought in then? 

Always one that make a comment like this.

Why ask ? He cannot give an answer because he doesnt have a data base and scouts at his disposal.

Professional football clubs do

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

How come you never seem to go to games?

25 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Power to the people!!! 

We need to freshen up the crowd a bit . It’s a long old season. 

Too many take their place for granted . Stick some youngsters in.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry why was it “there for the taking” exactly? This is a league where everyone beats everyone and there are plenty of teams both above and below us working with bigger budgets. You make it sound like we’re massively under achieving and top six should be a formality. Few of us expected to be challenging for the play offs this season and yet we’re a point off 6th with a game in hand. Today is a disappointment but the bigger picture remains positive.

I meant now. No one can say that how this league has panned out a top 6 isn't there for the taking. Lots of teams underachieving ...

What did he do?

Diving, time wasting, pretending to be injured when he wasn’t and just all round general shithousery. Same as Cunningham really. 

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

How come you never seem to go to games?

I have a season ticket. 

Couldn't make today as the missus took ill this morning and had to go into hospital 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Diving, time wasting, pretending to be injured when he wasn’t and just all round general shithousery. Same as Cunningham really. 

Ahhh so he has turned into a full Leeds player now then 

7 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Allegedly Lansdown wanted him gone after the "peeing incident" at cheltenham

Understandable really. You still can't blame Ayling for moving on though

I have a season ticket. 

Couldn't make today as the missus took ill this morning and had to go into hospital 

Pretty much! Hope the missus is ok. 

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We need to freshen up the crowd a bit . It’s a long old season. 

Too many take their place for granted . Stick some youngsters in.

I  think we should buy a new crowd.........or possibly get one in on loan, Palace's aren't bad.   Lansdown can afford it for **** sake?

Need to marmalise Ipswich in midweek. No game after that for two and a half weeks so we need to go into that hiatus having arrested this latest poor run of results. Frankly, I’d we don’t beat the bottom side at home then we can kiss goodbye any chance of making the playoffs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I have a season ticket. 

Hope she gets better soon. 

Thought you were often on match day threads but maybe mistaken