IGNORED

Bailey Wright

hoxton casual

Nothing to do with formation or tactics today, it was all about physicality and matching Leeds all over the pitch. BW and Kalas got stuck in the rest were a yard short and didn’t get close enough to their opposite numbers 

JDS got done again by a diagonal ball and that’s happened far too often and needs sorting out 

19 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

He put it on Ayling in the second half near the centre circle made me laugh. Ref didn't notice it  Ayling was down and hobbling for a bit after.

Glad he done Ayling as he’s a smarmy shit who was constantly trying to get Fam booked in fact there were quite a few of their players who fell into the Ben Pearson roll of honour for being cheating annoying cheating c***s

BW is not great going forward.  He’s ok defensively at right back but the right side loses something as an attackimg force with him in the team.  For me he’s a great squad player and great cover for Kalas.  I don’t know why LJ shoehorns him in the team when others are all round better in that position.

3 hours ago, Super said:

He was one of our better players.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

No him and Kalas come out of today shining. COD and Dasilva for me not so much. Pack and Brownhill look very leggy

Bailey Wright was toasted by their winger several times. He was no better than ok. 

The goal they scored was down to losing Luke effing Ayling of all people. Take a bow Jay Desilva. LJ Gave him thT bollocking at ht!

7 minutes ago, General Zod said:

BW is not great going forward.  He’s ok defensively at right back but the right side loses something as an attackimg force with him in the team.  For me he’s a great squad player and great cover for Kalas.  I don’t know why LJ shoehorns him in the team when others are all round better in that position.

You feel he is more suited away from home. Our tactics at home are all wrong.

My biggest frustration with BW is that he always seems to get caught giving away fouls on attacking set pieces or getting forward.

Too often when we’re getting forward, if a foul is given, it seems to be Bailey with some cynical pointless niggly foul. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Bailey Wright was toasted by their winger several times. He was no better than ok. 

The goal they scored was down to losing Luke effing Ayling of all people. Take a bow Jay Desilva. LJ Gave him thT bollocking at ht!

Don’t remember BW getting beat very much. Made so many tackles and blocks on their crosses from their right side to our back post to penalty area. 

Jay Dasilva was bad today but was Semenyo who lost Ayling. Think it was a bad shout playing Semenyo out there today against Ayling who I dislike but is a very good RB going forward. Probably didn’t get many fullbacks running off him in L2. Didn’t mind playing him but should have been next to Fam 

5 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

We really needed an overlapping RB today, and with Hunt on the bench.... 

3 hours ago, leadman said:

hunt or pisano must start

Last weekend Hunt was poor against PNE and even apologised on twitter so its no surprise he was only on the bench today.

I assume Pisano is injured.

4 hours ago, winsaw said:

He's fine defence but he offers nothing at all going forward in the second half lost count of the number of time moves broke down as there was no one on the wing as he had gone into the middle again, doesn't fit the way we play,

He doesn't offer much going forward down the wing, his crossing isn't great and he's not a natural dribbler. But in his defence, he's a centre-back.

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don’t remember BW getting beat very much. Made so many tackles and blocks on their crosses from their right side to our back post to penalty area. 

Jay Dasilva was bad today but was Semenyo who lost Ayling. Think it was a bad shout playing Semenyo out there today against Ayling who I dislike but is a very good RB going forward. Probably didn’t get many fullbacks running off him in L2. Didn’t mind playing him but should have been next to Fam 

Their winger had the beating of Wright he even nut megged him and then dummied Odowda In the same move. Semenyo was covering for an out of position Desilva. But yes he should of done better but Kalas and Webster were not happy with Desilva. You are spot on. Dropping Weimann to play Semenyo on a flank was nuts. LJ Is over thinking again. LLLLDL is always a sign of that. 

Ipswich is now a much bigger game than was necessary IMO!

BW was playing out of position but was certainly better than most of the team.  Paterson was a waste of space again, too lightweight and gutless for a team like Leeds, they are all dirty barstewards and if you don’t have players that can play them at their own game, you just have to play better - we did not! (What was our teams pass completion rate? Compared to Leeds’ rate)

Fam put more effort into playing the man than the ball, not that he can hold the ball at all!

Another bad day at the office, LJ has to face up to the fact that he messed up - once again too many players not playing in their best positions - I fear that we will not be in the playoffs probably 9th or 10th is about where we will end up.

Bailey Wright was great clearing up the mess the central defenders left us in, but he was no full back. In fact, full back has been a disaster for us now for several weeks. We don't cause opposition wingers any problems and we certainly don't control the game. 

2 hours ago, General Zod said:

I don’t know why LJ shoehorns him in the team when others are all round better in that position.

44 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

....I don’t understand why he’s playing RB when he’s a CB and we have two proper RB available?

Because he (and Kalas) were probably the only ones able to compete physically with Leeds???

9 hours ago, Shtanley said:

He was one of our better players. But we should've played Hunt. We barely went forward down the right.

Exactly - felt sorry for COD today - throughout the first half he was isolated on the right because no one was giving him back up......and then got substituted. To play a half going entirely down the left where players were always under pressure was farcical. Yes BW had a good game defensively but at the cost of weakening midfield and attacking options. He is a back 4 player mainly though can cause trouble at set pieces up front.

I like Bailey Wright. I think he is a decent Championship centre back. But his position is right sided centre back. Unrealistic to expect him to be the best right back or left sided centre back. To be fair to him though, when played out of position, he just gets on with it. I think I we only brought Kalas in because of Wright’s long term injury. 

10 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Because he (and Kalas) were probably the only ones able to compete physically with Leeds???

Really? I think physically Pisano matches BW any day. He’s just a more rounded right back and can offer us something at both ends of the pitch. Why LJ wants BW in the team in this position i just don’t understand.  It’s not just because he thinks BW offers something physically against strong opposition as he will be in as right back against lesser teams.  Really don’t get it.

Pisano or Hunt have to start RB before Wright. Yesterday Wright was by no means poor, but we have better players available for that position. It seems to me he is getting picked through loyalty to the captain. He won't be picked CB due to the partnership Kalas and Webster have formed. He goes in RB and we are poorer as a result. Not the only thing that has changed of course, but a factor in our slide. Will be interesting to see if he is picked Tuesday.

Not BW fault and he didn’t even play that bad but why oh why is LJ playing him there in the first place? Seen it v QPR where BW naturally will drift over to his favoured central position, also as an attacking threat we are literally non existstant, yet we have a out and out RB in Hunt sat on the bench, and Pisano who imo would of been perfect to play yesterday nowhere to be seen, unless injured?

Could LJ just be playing him just because he’s captain? As club captain should BW be standing up to LJ for the benefit of the team and saying ‘I want to be playing etc but I’m not 100% confident at playing out of position, and there’s a RB sat on the bench?’ At this stage of the season, imo it’s ridiculous to be doing this.

Archived