IGNORED

Full house!

bs22 red

30 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Leeds only had 1300

Capacity is actually supposed to be 27,699, the Atyeo hold 4,200, but Leeds only had 1,300 in there. Hence 2,900 short of capacity = 24,800.

Would have made more sense to open part of the Atyeo for home fans and have the netting between them. Why we needed multiple rows of netting at the front I have no idea. You don't see that at other games, e.g. Palace V Brighton from yesterday just had one section netted to separate home & away fans.

Leeds had 2,600.

24 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Well, if that is the case that would suggest 1300 seats not sold in the other 3 stands?

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That’s the bit that’s not clear. But we do know that Leeds had 2600.

I think it’s quite simple....it was advertised as being sold out but it wasn’t...24,800 ish tickets were sold for the game, including season tickets. Not all of those 24,800 turned up, but the attendance figures given out on the day of the games represent the number of tickets sold, not the number of people who turned up for the game. 

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it’s quite simple....it was advertised as being sold out but it wasn’t...24,800 ish tickets were sold for the game, including season tickets. Not all of those 24,800 turned up, but the attendance figures given out on the day of the games represent the number of tickets sold, not the number of people who turned up for the game. 

Why would they say it was a sell out if it wasn’t?

The mystery is that even allowing for Leeds reduced allocation, a “sell out” should have meant 27k less 1.4k not sold in the Atyeo, which would be 25.6k-ish. So where did the other 800-odd tickets go?

Exactly my point. 

How can a complete sell out in a 27,000 stadium with only about 1.4 k not on sale due to segregation in the Atyeo ,result in an attendance of only 24,800 ?

No tickets were on sale for POTD with staff saying it's completely SOLD OUT.

Despite 36 posts on this topic still haven't seen an explanation for the missing 800 to 1,000 tickets .

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why would they say it was a sell out if it wasn’t?

The mystery is that even allowing for Leeds reduced allocation, a “sell out” should have meant 27k less 1.4k not sold in the Atyeo, which would be 25.6k-ish. So where did the other 800-odd tickets go?

30 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Exactly my point. 

How can a complete sell out in a 27,000 stadium with only about 1.4 k not on sale due to segregation in the Atyeo ,result in an attendance of only 24,800 ?

No tickets were on sale for POTD with staff saying it's completely SOLD OUT.

Despite 36 posts on this topic still haven't seen an explanation for the missing 800 to 1,000 tickets .

I agree....it would be good to get an explanation - our ‘sold out’ figure yesterday should have been 26,099....that’s the capacity of the ground (27,699) less the 1,600 seats that were ‘segregated off’ in the Atyeo Stand. The Atyeo holds 4,200 but only 2,600 Leeds fans were in there...so there were only 1,600 unsold tickets in the whole stadium, according to the club. So how they manage to announce 24,800 instead of 26,099 is a mystery....where did the other 1,299 tickets go?!

27,000 capacity.

Knock off 1,500 for away end as Leeds allocation was around 2,700.

Knock off 10% of s82 as per rules over persistent standing.

Knock off ST holders who don't tend to show up, which happens at all clubs- people have holidays and life etc.

Then knock off Leeds  fans who were ejected at the turnstiles on detection- those tickets would not have been resold, whereas the ones refunded earlier in the week would have been!

Now it doesn't give the whole picture, but it helps align it more with the published attendance.

The thread on championship attendance % in the week said our full capacity is now 26459 (a previous quote from the OS).

If the Atyeo holds approx 4200 and Leeds only had 2600 that makes 1600 seats not used. 26459 minus 1600 equals 24859 so 24800 sounds about right. 

We had 26088 v Man United - less seats unused in the Atyeo (home fans in there too).

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

27,000 capacity.

Knock off 1,500 for away end as Leeds allocation was around 2,700.

Knock off 10% of s82 as per rules over persistent standing.

Knock off ST holders who don't tend to show up, which happens at all clubs- people have holidays and life etc.

Then knock off Leeds  fans who were ejected at the turnstiles on detection- those tickets would not have been resold, whereas the ones refunded earlier in the week would have been!

Now it doesn't give the whole picture, but it helps align it more with the published attendance.

.....and isn’t our capacity 27,699? There are so many conflicting numbers flying around! 

The paste below is from the OS. So would expect this to be accurate.  

THURSDAY, MAY 4TH 2017 The attendance for City’s Sky Bet Championship final day clash with Birmingham City will be the largest league crowd at Ashton Gate in 37 years. Not since the Division One days of 1979/80 has a league fixture in BS3 attracted so many supporters to City’s home. At present the crowd for Sunday’s season finale has eclipsed the 25,000-mark. That leaves just under 300 tickets left available before the club put up the sold out signs. The fully-redeveloped Ashton Gate has a seated capacity of just over 26,459, but a number of safety restrictions have been placed on Sunday’s fixture.

5 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

The paste below is from the OS. So would expect this to be accurate.  

THURSDAY, MAY 4TH 2017 The attendance for City’s Sky Bet Championship final day clash with Birmingham City will be the largest league crowd at Ashton Gate in 37 years. Not since the Division One days of 1979/80 has a league fixture in BS3 attracted so many supporters to City’s home. At present the crowd for Sunday’s season finale has eclipsed the 25,000-mark. That leaves just under 300 tickets left available before the club put up the sold out signs. The fully-redeveloped Ashton Gate has a seated capacity of just over 26,459, but a number of safety restrictions have been placed on Sunday’s fixture.

What does just over 26459 mean? 26460? 26461? ? 

The game was a 'sell out' for Home fans. Leeds also had around 600 tickets revoked as away fans purchased tickets in the home areas with Bristol post codes. they went back on sale very late Friday to home fans buts it unclear whether they were all resold in time. When we played Man Utd the Atyeo was split thus Man Utd 2,641, 1100 City and then segregation which was not much but probably accounted for 300 seats, so 4,041 in total. Leeds had 2600 so 1441 empty seats against what the stand held vs Man Utd. Mark Ashton has already said that the seated capacity the rebuilt ground has is 26,500. 

26,500 less the leeds unsold allocation 1441 gives you 25,059 less any of the 600 seized tickets not sold . Attendance of 24,832 seems fair to me. The real shame is with proper policing we just gave away around £40,000 plus just in ticket revenue by not giving them the whole stand. The argument of not allowing teams to fill the stand as it gives them an advantage is crap , we lost revenue on a reduced allocation and still lost . roll on Tuesday and 20,000 crowd with 3 pts. COYR

3 hours ago, napper said:

I actually heard for the first time in a long while, the tannoy announce the actual attendance, as 25843 with Leeds at 2775!

I think we know the tannoy is shit....I heard 24 thousand and something.  Was surprised as I was expecting 25-something.

Archived