IGNORED

Why wait so long to make substitutions?

Kingswood Robin

Can't understand why we wasted 14 second half minutes to make a change that should have been made at half time (or earlier, it was so bad). 

Leeds better and more streetwise everywhere. That said, our shooting ability this season has been appalling, miss-kicks, air shots, ballooning it over the bar. Practice! Let Diedhiou try the Dunder challenge. Lets start by trying to hit the board!

23 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Can't understand why we wasted 14 second half minutes to make a change that should have been made at half time (or earlier, it was so bad). 

Leeds better and more streetwise everywhere. That said, our shooting ability this season has been appalling, miss-kicks, air shots, ballooning it over the bar. Practice! Let Diedhiou try the Dunder challenge. Lets start by trying to hit the board!

Awful composure for his chance in the first half. 

17 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Anyone notice the faux pas on screen when we made the first subs........someone put up a pic of Milan Djuric....ooopppss

Yes, I noticed that, reminded me of the days when we had a striker who won virtually everything in the air and directed  the ball to a team mate, or into a danger area, or even the goal net;).   

8 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes, I noticed that, reminded me of the days when we had a striker who won virtually everything in the air and sent the ball to a team mate or into a danger area or even the goal net;).   

We have a need to completely overhaul our striker options, but if you are referring to milan djuric, he was a waste of a wage, along with hegeler. 

1 hour ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I can’t criticise here. LJ hasn’t been afraid to make changes at HT before. This was a close game against a good side. Better to see if your HT speech worked a bit before you change things drastically. Was not as if Leeds were carving us open and we had a chance or two end of first half. 

Leeds were definitely more aggressive and street wise but I am not sure they were that much better than us outside some tidy possesion. Imagine the stick Fam would get if he had a game like Bamford just had! Did he get a touch? We do need to find a way to make AG more exciting but that will be recruitment imo. Teams come to defend and even Leeds did this to an extent. We need a bit more pace and creativity to break down teams that make it awkward for us at AG. 

12 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I can’t criticise here. LJ hasn’t been afraid to make changes at HT before. This was a close game against a good side. Better to see if your HT speech worked a bit before you change things drastically. Was not as if Leeds were carving us open and we had a chance or two end of first half. 

Leeds were definitely more aggressive and street wise but I am not sure they were that much better than us outside some tidy possesion. Imagine the stick Fam would get if he had a game like Bamford just had! Did he get a touch? We do need to find a way to make AG more exciting but that will be recruitment imo. Teams come to defend and even Leeds did this to an extent. We need a bit more pace and creativity to break down teams that make it awkward for us at AG. 

Bamford?

Didn't he score?

13 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

We have a pacey winger who is a good crosser. LJ left him on the bench though. Why he brought on Palmer, who added nothing, I really couldn't fathom.

Hope we're not seriously thinking of spending £4m on him. We need much better options than Taylor up front to challenge FD. That is our weak point imo and where we need to spend most of the budget this summer.

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Bamford?

Didn't he score?

He was that anonymous I forgot seriously don’t think he had 10 touches but yes he did score. I was that miserable about yesterday think I shut everything else out

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

We have a pacey winger who is a good crosser. LJ left him on the bench though. Why he brought on Palmer, who added nothing, I really couldn't fathom.

Hope we're not seriously thinking of spending £4m on him. We need much better options than Taylor up front to challenge FD. That is our weak point imo and where we need to spend most of the budget this summer.

After making the first two changes which I agreed with(should have started Weimann and saved that change imo) I can understand the logic of bringing Palmer on for Pack. We didn’t need Marlon anymore as he doesn’t really have that pass that can unlock a defence. Palmer we have already seen can.

Palmer I think will be money well spent but he needs more time imo. Jan signings are very tough to integrate into championship sides because games come so frequently and there are not many chances to play them against a “lesser” side. I hope he picks up a bit of form for us but likely an impact sub for the season. As for future prospects i can see him being a real force for us with a full pre season here. That is how I feel anyway but agree we need someone at least as good as Fam in the summer(different type but as good at least). 

Eliasson can be a bit timid and I think that is why he has found himself on the bench as of late. COD you know what you are getting. He won’t back down from anyone. Lately he has been making mistakes though and has not signed a new contract. Personally, I’d start phasing him out a bit. He has not really played well for 3-4 games now or made mistakes in many of them. Eliasson is hungry and just needs more minutes. I would start him Tuesday. If fit I’d start Walsh for Pack too. We need to rotate a bit and even with international break i think a couple of the squad need a night off.  

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Bamford?

Didn't he score?

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He was that anonymous I forgot seriously don’t think he had 10 touches but yes he did score. I was that miserable about yesterday think I shut everything else out

26 touches, 13 passes, 8 completed, 4 chances one goal....very good movement between him and Roberts to drag Kalas around.  I’m not a fan per se, but he did a good job yesterday.

Fam - 39 touches 13/24 passes, no shots, no goals.

They certainly thought Korey would have been back by now to take the pressure off of Pack and Brownill, at least that’s what Korey told me back in January. So no wonder they are looking ragged with Walsh also being out for longer than expected, although he was doing sprints with Pisano as he was doing at Preston so can’t be far away.

At Preston we did our subs early and then when Nikki went off we had to use our last one, not leaving us with any option to change. Maybe our plan was to wear Leeds down a bit and go for the kill as we have done in quite a few games. But you just knew it wasn’t going to work yesterday, we were out fought mentally and physically.

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

Maybe our plan was to wear Leeds down a bit and go for the kill as we have done in quite a few games.

This has been our 'style' for a few months. This is also why I didn't understand starting Semenyo. Bags of potential , and already a good player , but against a very good high pressing side I just thought it was the wrong decision. I don't want to be over critical of the kid, and he's not in the team to defend,  but him and DaSilva gave the Ayling so much space to head across goal. Weimann may not have done any better, but he's more used to playing that defensive wide role.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

26 touches, 13 passes, 8 completed, 4 chances one goal....very good movement between him and Roberts to drag Kalas around.  I’m not a fan per se, but he did a good job yesterday.

Always finger on the pulse of the stats Dave :clap: good work. Be interested to see Semenyo's stats , tough game for a debut.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This has been our 'style' for a few months. This is also why I didn't understand starting Semenyo. Bags of potential , and already a good player , but against a very good high pressing side I just thought it was the wrong decision. I don't want to be over critical of the kid, and he's not in the team to defend,  but him and DaSilva gave the Ayling so much space to head across goal. Weimann may not have done any better, but he's more used to playing that defensive wide role.

Quite possibly would’ve been O’Dowda as he would’ve started left....and he’s been switching off too of late!!  I wouldn’t started Semenyo, not hindsight, said it all week.  But I was excited when he was announced.

Always finger on the pulse of the stats Dave :clap: good work. Be interested to see Semenyo's stats , tough game for a debut.

See below 

104B4221-0E32-4920-8A8D-FCC2EE2BBCEF.thumb.jpeg.b63090c9d46aebbfa70a8279f5bb4082.jpeg

Received 9 passes, made 5.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Totally agree. A lot of people were asking if he should start against Brum after an impressive sub appearance at Preston, I said at the time I dint think it would be right and it was less right in my opinion for what it was worth against Leeds. I was hoping I would be wrong, after wrongly guessing the new keeper would get the nod.

I think we missed Weimann more than people realised, he hasn’t chipped in with goals but does a lot of running and dragging away players, a lot of the thankless dirty work. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He wasn`t right after getting injured scoring. I think they`d have taken him off sooner if they had had a like for like replacement on the bench like Jack Clarke or someone like that.

Archived