IGNORED

Booing at half time

Jacki

Was anyone else surprised by the amount of people booing at half time today? 

Granted we were really poor in the first half but was there really any need to give the players a reception like that? We’re punching above our weight in 7th, and we were playing one of the best teams in the league today. 

I’d be really interested to know what any of the people who vented at half time want/expect from this group of players? 

Johnson sounded surprised and pretty pissed off about the booing in his post match interview and I don’t blame him.... 

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Granted we were really poor in the first half but was there really any need to give the players a reception like that? We’re punching above our weight in 7th, and we were playing one of the best teams in the league today. 

I’d be really interested to know what any of the people who vented at half time want/expect from this group of players? 

Johnson sounded surprised and pretty pissed off about the booing in his post match interview and I don’t blame him.... 

I commented on this in the match thread. Utterly pathetic. Surprise play-off contenders playing 3rd in the league, behind by a single goal. There are occasions when booing is fully warranted but this certainly wasn’t it.

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

It could be worse for Johnson  he could have been sacked just like west Brom have done to Darren Moore .

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

It's moronic. I like to think that it's just a 1,000 or so of the non-regulars but I think the same thing happened against Brum.

Does not do any harm to let the players know when their performance is practically crap. I could understand if this was a one off but it's been the last few matches where they have not turned up in the first half. Supporters pay good money and the players earn good money. If the players want it they have to play for it. Something is not right before the kick off.

5 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

It could be worse for Johnson  he could have been sacked just like west Brom have done to Darren Moore .

What a pathetic move. Lack of class and foresight. The list of teams above us that I'd be happy to see promoted ahead of us is down to one club - Norwich.

2 minutes ago, Red said:

Does not do any harm to let the players know when their performance is practically crap. I could understand if this was a one off but it's been the last few matches where they have not turned up in the first half. Supporters pay good money and the players earn good money. If the players want it they have to play for it. Something is not right before the kick off.

I'm sure they find that motivating. Nothing like supporting your team through thick and slightly less thick.

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

What a pathetic move. Lack of class and foresight. The list of teams above us that I'd be happy to see promoted ahead of us is down to one club - Norwich.

There might be more to this than just league position, or more likely west brom want instant success like alot of owners these days, Lee Johnson should think himself lucky to be employed by lansdown 

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Man City fans just booed them off at HT at 0-0. Not saying it was right but people didn’t like what they saw and impulse comes out and people boo. I didn’t boo but was very unhappy with the effort in the first half so I understand. 

Agree, think people are a bit touchy about booing. Hopefully our players are a little more mentally resilient/mature and don’t take it too personally. It’s just frustration and can be used as a driving force if you have the right mentality  

I booed , on the performance alone , absolutely awful , from the first whistle , stray passes , caught In  Possession too often ,  . Back in the old days this was allowed , but nowadays we have a southville  luvvie type of fan who buys the we are punching above our weight argument , we are not Small northern team with poor crowds ,and no money !  

Doesn’t hurt to let them know their performance was poor , otherwise you say nothing and they think we will put up with it.  ! 

I’m in section82 and did sing and try and get behind them, despite the poor football served 

I didn't boo.....just didn't clap the crap that was dolled out at full time.

I live in the real world.....if we dolled out that level as professionals We'd be reprimanded....I see no issue with booing (I didn't do it as it's not my style)....But I'm definately not showing appreciation for sub standard offerings from a team that can clearly do much much better.

Some of these players earn in a week what some earn in 6 months.....have the professionalism to at least try and earn it. 

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

I booed , on the performance alone , absolutely awful , from the first whistle , stray passes , caught In  Possession too often ,  . Back in the old days this was allowed , but nowadays we have a southville  luvvie type of fan who buys the we are punching above our weight argument , we are not Small northern team with poor crowds ,and no money !  

Doesn’t hurt to let them know their performance was poor , otherwise you say nothing and they think we will put up with it.  ! 

I’m in section82 and did sing and try and get behind them, despite the poor football served 

Exactly. We are not punching above our weight we are where we are as a club supported by one of the county’s richest family’s 21000 average attendance and a squad that could be worth up to 100 million

The more people say punching above our weight the more of an excuse it sounds for being out played and out fought and having the complete in ability to string three passes together. I’ll do a Thatch35 on this one !

27 minutes ago, Red said:

Don't know whether you work or not but if yes does it help to have people shouting at you telling you are crap you are? I've never met anyone that reacts well to this. Pointless and self defeating.

7 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I’m not a ‘Southville luvvie’ and I have no problem with letting rip at the players when warranted. I just happen to think that the reaction was way OTT today given the context of who we were playing and what was at stake.  

3 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Don't know whether you work or not but if yes does it help to have people shouting at you telling you are crap you are? I've never met anyone that reacts well to this. Pointless and self defeating.

Do you know many people that earn thousands of pounds a week?

2 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Fans were stating they were unhappy at the lack of effort being shown, if i never shown any effort i would get sacked. So no not pointless they certainly improved in the 2nd half playing against 12 .

I’m happy to boo if the team put in a poor half no matter who we are playing.  Nothing wrong with letting the players know what we think when they’ve not been good enough.  Footballs about passion, we over praise when things are going well and we probably over react in the heat of the moment when standards drop.  Today more than a few of them needed a wake up call.  If they can’t deal with it they are probably not strong enough characters to be playing in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I’m not a ‘Southville luvvie’ and I have no problem with letting rip at the players when warranted. I just happen to think that the reaction was way OTT today given the context of who we were playing and what was at stake.  

What was at stake was three points, no different to any other match. We were the home team and didn’t play like we had any sort of advantage, as for who we were playing I don’t respect them anymore than any other opposition. The game was blown out of proportion and it sounds like some of us gave them too much respect as well as the players.

5 minutes ago, Calculus said:

It’s symbiotic. Players lift the crowd and crowd lift the plYers. But if you can’t raise yourself to play in front of a capacity crowd singing your names against one of the most famous teams in the world you better expect what’s coming. 

We didn’t boo but Christ were we shit.

Second to second balls and second best to the team now second.

And **** me what a goal to give away....

As the boy said we were European champs on form recently. Now we’re ******* chimps....

I fear a repeat of last season coming along. And LJ sounded pissed of on RB about a bit of booing. Christ alive.

Let’s hope we all have something to cheer about on Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, Calculus said:

There's no smoke without fire ...if I'm told I've f###d up then I don't take it personally but look at why the criticism and either argue my case or do something about it...

31 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

There might be more to this than just league position, or more likely west brom want instant success like alot of owners these days, Lee Johnson should think himself lucky to be employed by lansdown 

.....and so should we.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

What was at stake was three points, no different to any other match. We were the home team and didn’t play like we had any sort of advantage, as for who we were playing I don’t respect them anymore than any other opposition. The game was blown out of proportion and it sounds like some of us gave them too much respect as well as the players.

I don’t disagree with any of that. Still don’t think it was right to boo though.

How does loudly booing your own team off increase the advantage of playing at home? It does the opposite and I thought it was ridiculous today. 

16 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I didn’t boo nor have I in the past but if anyone choose do so is their god given right to express and I will always support the right to an opinion no matter where, even if I don’t agree with them.

why is it alright someone in position to be allowed to express theirs but not YOU.

Many managers and tv sports have express their opinions without allowing for YOU to yours.

Archived