IGNORED

Booing at half time

Jacki

1 minute ago, Greatgraham said:

I didn’t boo nor have I in the past but if anyone choose do so is their god given right to express and I will always support the right to an opinion no matter where, even if I don’t agree with them.

why is it alright someone in position to be allowed to express theirs but not YOU.

Many managers and tv sports have express their opinions without allowing for YOU to yours.

What it is it coming to when people can't voice their opinions without some being offended on behalf of others! 

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I don’t disagree with any of that. Still don’t think it was right to boo though.

How does loudly booing your own team off increase the advantage of playing at home? It does the opposite and I thought it was ridiculous today. 

Just to be clear I didn’t boo. I didn’t clap either. But I can understand people wanting to make it clear that performance wasn’t acceptable.

Booing is a collective thing, not like an individual song. I expect many players waked off and heard it and decided it wasn’t aimed at them, maybe the tactics or something else out of their control, even the Ref. They are professionals and if they are honest they must have known people wouldn’t be happy. They are happy to lap up songs and applause when warranted, so equally have to hold their hands up and take some negative stuff too.

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I think there is a wider point on how poor we play in first halves at AG. But yeh no need for the booing given where we are. Sadly quite a few jokers who don’t live in real world boo at half time. 

So what real world are they living in?

and if they are jokers why are you offended?

When the supporters were singing and cheering the team was still playing below their standards but the supporters still got behind the team and when half time came they showed their discontent by booing which had a slightly better effect in the second half, maybe just maybe booing works - who knows ?

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The booing was aimed at the referee I thought.

If it was, then the number of supporters that left with minutes still to go at full time was definitely a sign to the players - definitely seemed like more people leaving before the whistle than usual. 

Personally I think both that and any booing at half time are overreactions and unconstructive. I'd rather see the fans stick behind the players on a tough run than turn against them.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The booing was aimed at the referee I thought.

I didn’t. Although he proved he was as inept as we were.

WTF was that about - their goal. 10 minutes in and our fragilities are laid bare.

And TK said it as it was. Once you’re behind after 10 minutes to a side like Leeds then you’re ******. 

1 hour ago, Red said:

Does not do any harm to let the players know when their performance is practically crap. I could understand if this was a one off but it's been the last few matches where they have not turned up in the first half. Supporters pay good money and the players earn good money. If the players want it they have to play for it. Something is not right before the kick off.

Actually I think it can do harm when confidence is already fragile and you are playing a side that could reasonably be considered superior.

The performance wasn’t great but I thought the main problem today was we were playing a good side and the game plan wasn’t working, rather than any lack of effort. That doesn’t justify booing.

If Johnson has any time to stress over boos then something is wrong. After such a drop in performance levels of late culminating in today’s pretty gutless showing if I were in him I would be thinking of nothing but how to put it right.

one thing which used to annoy me about his dad was criticism of the fans after crap home performances.

2 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

I work with people that earn thousands a week. And we don’t boo them midway through meetings or at the end of meetings.

I understand what you are saying, but I doubt if you are 50 yards or more away from them in these meetings though?

As I said I didn’t boo but how else do people in a large crowd convey that they are unhappy to people a great distance away?

Normally when people are unhappy they can have a conversation, shake their heads, tut, give ‘that’ look etc as the person is nearby. This isn’t the case in a crowd and the distance between fans and players.  You wouldn’t stand in front of an individual and boo if you were unhappy, but maybe the fact that it seems the only option for many kind of permits booing as it’s the only option besides silence?

We were crap today, as bad a performance, especially first half, as we could have possibly delivered. When Bailey Wright is your best player by some distance you know that things are not functioning correctly. That’s what Lee Johnson needs to spend his well remunerated time worrying about rather than asking sarcastic questions around who the boos were aimed at.

1 hour ago, h hills left shoe said:

There might be more to this than just league position, or more likely west brom want instant success like alot of owners these days, Lee Johnson should think himself lucky to be employed by lansdown 

On the contrary, I think we should think ourselves lucky that we have an owner like Lansdown who is prepared to back the fellow that he has employed!

52 minutes ago, Greatgraham said:

So what real world are they living in?

and if they are jokers why are you offended?

I'm not offended.

They are living in a world where they expect us to be great against a side well above us. In a one off half against a top 2 side, you can easily have a poor game. Not really anywhere near a big enough deal to be booing.

Personally I don't think there is a ever a good time for booing the team but I could understand it if we were in league 1 and 2-0 down at half-time to someone like Gillingham.

34 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I'm not offended.

They are living in a world where they expect us to be great against a side well above us. In a one off half against a top 2 side, you can easily have a poor game. Not really anywhere near a big enough deal to be booing.

Personally I don't think there is a ever a good time for booing the team but I could understand it if we were in league 1 and 2-0 down at half-time to someone like Gillingham.

If anyone is offended, theres now a text service to see to that during the game......! ?

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

Was anyone else surprised by the amount of people booing at half time today? 

Granted we were really poor in the first half but was there really any need to give the players a reception like that? We’re punching above our weight in 7th, and we were playing one of the best teams in the league today. 

I’d be really interested to know what any of the people who vented at half time want/expect from this group of players? 

Johnson sounded surprised and pretty pissed off about the booing in his post match interview and I don’t blame him.... 

There’s zero justification for booing at this stage of the season, considering we’re doing better than expected and playing one of the better teams in the league

59 minutes ago, RedM said:

I understand what you are saying, but I doubt if you are 50 yards or more away from them in these meetings though?

As I said I didn’t boo but how else do people in a large crowd convey that they are unhappy to people a great distance away?

Normally when people are unhappy they can have a conversation, shake their heads, tut, give ‘that’ look etc as the person is nearby. This isn’t the case in a crowd and the distance between fans and players.  You wouldn’t stand in front of an individual and boo if you were unhappy, but maybe the fact that it seems the only option for many kind of permits booing as it’s the only option besides silence?

Spot on 

23 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I'm not offended.

I don’t see the difference whether your in league 1 the championship or premier, your making a personal preference for accepting it. Maybe they do live in real world and they find hard to accept that kind of standard, after all they paid their dues.

for me football as changed rightly or wrongly it’s becoming more detached between clubs and fans, so the demands are higher. Bristolians have been renowned for Triers showing determination and passion on the pitch. It was missing at times today.   

46 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

No it's not people are entitled to their opinion whether you like it or not they've spent good money and travelled long distances in some cases, so surely they can have their say,!

Entitled to an opinion maybe, but they are providing absolutely zero support or help to the cause and if anything making it even ******* worse. It’s moronic, plain and simple. It’s also highly embarrassing for a team like us in the position we’re in to be booing

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

There’s zero justification for booing at this stage of the season, considering we’re doing better than expected and playing one of the better teams in the league

And your the expert on zero justification?

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Entitled to an opinion maybe, but they are providing absolutely zero support or help to the cause and if anything making it even ******* worse. It’s moronic, plain and simple. It’s also highly embarrassing for a team like us in the position we’re in to be booing

Your a proper brainless dick for calling others moronic, 

Archived