IGNORED

Booing at half time

Jacki

Those that booed should take some time to reflect . Do they really want to be looked upon like we look upon “ entitled “ Villa, WBA and Leeds fans , many of whom seem to assume that they have a God given right to be in the Prem ?  We have no such right and haven’t achieved even 10% of what those clubs have over the years . Away fans hearing us booing our own players at half time must really think we are a bunch of arrogant ***** !  Get a grip ! They didn’t deserve that treatment today . We weren’t  exactly playing a bunch of also rans after all !!! 

2 hours ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

I work with people that earn thousands a week. And we don’t boo them midway through meetings or at the end of meetings.

Ever thought about the escapism that football provides those that don't earn thousands a week?

4 hours ago, Jacki said:

Was anyone else surprised by the amount of people booing at half time today? 

Granted we were really poor in the first half but was there really any need to give the players a reception like that? We’re punching above our weight in 7th, and we were playing one of the best teams in the league today. 

I’d be really interested to know what any of the people who vented at half time want/expect from this group of players? 

Johnson sounded surprised and pretty pissed off about the booing in his post match interview and I don’t blame him.... 

New wave fans

Watch MOTD every weekend

Turn up at AG Watch 45 mins of real football and find its not as good as 5mins of HIGHLIGHTS watching Man City

3 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Do you know many people that earn thousands of pounds a week?

Seriously, does it make any difference what someone earns as to how they perform? I actually do know people that earn that sort of money and they also can be lazy and have off days too because they are human. Its very few and far between that anybody performs to a really high level time after time no matter what their career is.

Fans seem to forget that a footballer also has to face an opponent trying to stop them doing their job on top of the pressure of having to perform game after game which people in the majority of jobs dont have to deal with.

Basically, one mistake from a young kid still learning the game and all of a sudden everybody is crap because we lost by a single goal to one of the best teams in the division.

Context is something that needs to be considered but there are far too many people that have absolutley no concept of the word and let their heart rule their head. 

4 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's moronic. I like to think that it's just a 1,000 or so of the non-regulars but I think the same thing happened against Brum.

Look I was going to hold my tongue but that is the second game in a row at home we have been how can I say this without upsetting the happy clappers on here crap in the first half, for gods sake there was a big crowd drawn to the fact we were playing second in the league and we were in the top six, did we play like a team in the top six did we ****, so when people boo at half time that have paid up to £40 on the day don't you think they have the right to show their dissatisfaction, sorry but this is the second season in a row that the team have raised our expectations only to dash them, sorry but what exactly do you expect not everybody is happy to be punching above our weight some of us aspire to be champions. And yes I know this opinion is going to go down like a lead balloon, but do I give a sh*t no I don't and if that was an advert for renewing season tickets good luck with that.

4 hours ago, MelksRed said:

I didn't boo.....just didn't clap the crap that was dolled out at full time.

I live in the real world.....if we dolled out that level as professionals We'd be reprimanded....I see no issue with booing (I didn't do it as it's not my style)....But I'm definately not showing appreciation for sub standard offerings from a team that can clearly do much much better.

Some of these players earn in a week what some earn in 6 months.....have the professionalism to at least try and earn it. 

Well said, you're right, but to some the players and however they perform are above any kind of criticism, bizarre but there you are. 

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It depends - what did people booing hope to achieve by doing so?

maybe show players that are earning 15 to 20 thousand pounds a week that they are not earning their money, and are lucky to be where they are and maybe try a little harder on our behalf.

I don't know what or whom the booing was directed at but I'd like someone to explain to me how booing acts as a positive incentive to spur your team on.

I seem to remember the vast majority of the same so called brilliant leeds fans turning on their players at half time at Elland Road last season.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

I don't know what or whom the booing was directed at but I'd like someone to explain to me how booing acts as a positive incentive to spur your team on.

I seem to remember the vast majority of the same so called brilliant leeds fans turning on their players at half time at Elland Road last season.

And then an incident sparked them, they sang that Champions of Europe song constantly and that helped them get back into it. Value of positive support!

47 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

New wave fans

Watch MOTD every weekend

Turn up at AG Watch 45 mins of real football and find its not as good as 5mins of HIGHLIGHTS watching Man City

Hardly. The standard of football on show by us today was absolutely dire. And damn right our fans should expect better. We're not expecting to roll them over, but for God's sake, at least look determined, put a tackle in, some decent movement. Something! Our performance today was at times, quite embarrassing. Pato looked lost, we had zero width. And hoofball because we lacked the composure to keep it down and string 3 passes in the right direction together. First half we were crying for Odowda to get into the space on the right side behind them, there was acres of it at times. But no, we didn't have our first shot in target until the 60th min. 

So it's no wonder people chose to show their displeasure at having their pants pulled down for £35+ a ticket if pay on the day and that level of performance is on offer. Has nothing to do with 'daytrippers' expecting too much. We were shocking today and made it easy for them. They're a dirty team, with really shite warnock-esque tactics. But our performance, some players need to take a long hard look at themselves today, because we're a long way off play off challenging if we carry on like that. 9 mins into the game, 1 nil down, and there was no real leadership on show. No real desire to push forward, get the equaliser, put a strong tackle in. 

And I'm gutted, because we've got the players capable of putting these very performances that we needed, in. 

5 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's moronic. I like to think that it's just a 1,000 or so of the non-regulars but I think the same thing happened against Brum.

It’s not moronic at all...I didn’t ‘boo’ but totally understand the frustrations of those that did....we are once again charging through the new year and beyond on the crest of a winless run after building up hopes and dreams with a significant unbeaten run....we do it again and again and again....great run followed by hideous run....yet those who don’t like it are ‘moronic’? I don’t think they are...

14 minutes ago, Swede said:

so are you saying the players are above criticism and the fans are not allowed to show any displeasure ever, and if so pray tell me oh learned one when I can voice my displeasure.

9 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

Seriously, does it make any difference what someone earns as to how they perform? I actually do know people that earn that sort of money and they also can be lazy and have off days too because they are human. Its very few and far between that anybody performs to a really high level time after time no matter what their career is.

Fans seem to forget that a footballer also has to face an opponent trying to stop them doing their job on top of the pressure of having to perform game after game which people in the majority of jobs dont have to deal with.

Basically, one mistake from a young kid still learning the game and all of a sudden everybody is crap because we lost by a single goal to one of the best teams in the division.

Context is something that needs to be considered but there are far too many people that have absolutley no concept of the word and let their heart rule their head. 

It's inevitable that players have a bad day....now that I've calmed down and am thinking more objectively I can actually state that it's a lack of drive/passion simply going through the motions....(Desilva looked as if he couldn't be bothered yesterday for example)....I'm sure that most people are aware that if they continually had bad performances (like the first half in all our recent games) then it would be noticed. 

I take your point about the opposition....yesterday they had clearly done their homework.....pressing us at the back.....not giving us anytime.....flooding midfield.....we never looked comfortable...and for that Leeds have to be commended. We could barely string 3 passes together. 

It's frustrating because we are better than what I saw yesterday...I fear we are on the slippery slope to mid-table conclusion. (That said....I'd rather that than have to worry about a relegation battle!)

I never boo because i believe it helps our opponents win games and i dont want that.

Even if you boo after the game ends it helps or next opponents imo.

18 hours ago, h hills left shoe said:

No it's not people are entitled to their opinion whether you like it or not they've spent good money and travelled long distances in some cases, so surely they can have their say,!

Booing isn't an opinion. It's a futile exercise that serves no purpose and does in no way help the team.

12 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Booing isn't an opinion. It's a futile exercise that serves no purpose and does in no way help the team.

Really and your an expert on the matter.

Booing is not opinion it’s expression of discontent for whatever the reasons maybe, like clapping hands if you approve, your presumption lacks experience.

1 hour ago, Greatgraham said:

Really and your an expert on the matter.

Booing is not opinion it’s expression of discontent for whatever the reasons maybe, like clapping hands if you approve, your presumption lacks experience.

You're right I suppose. A lack of experiencing booing having a positive effect on a team. 

You don't have to express discontent in a manner that negatively effects the team and atmosphere.

18 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You're right I suppose. A lack of experiencing booing having a positive effect on a team. 

You don't have to express discontent in a manner that negatively effects the team and atmosphere.

Thank you

negatively can have a positive effect and vice versa. You may think it has a negative effect. Then how come managers rollicks their players does have a negative effect or not. Let me think!

Anyway they pay their fees and therefore it’s not up to us how one wants to express it. It’s free will to express if one don’t like it don’t listen, ignore, switch off, go home. I may not like the booing but I will always defend the right to free will to express or have an opinion.

19 minutes ago, Greatgraham said:

Thank you

negatively can have a positive effect and vice versa. You may think it has a negative effect. Then how come managers rollicks their players does have a negative effect or not. Let me think!

Anyway they pay their fees and therefore it’s not up to us how one wants to express it. It’s free will to express if one don’t like it don’t listen, ignore, switch off, go home. I may not like the booing but I will always defend the right to free will to express or have an opinion.

I don't think people should express an opinion if it has a detrimental effect on the team. That's like me saying we should let people swear and abuse the players as it's an opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I don't think people should express an opinion if it has a detrimental effect on the team. That's like me saying we should let people swear and abuse the players as it's an opinion. 

Your now talking rubbish, there is no more to be said on the matter. Very immature reply.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:21, Jacki said:

Was anyone else surprised by the amount of people booing at half time today? 

Don't agree with it. But not surprised by it. Happens at most clubs.
If I were a player, it would fire me right up. Hopefully has the same effect on our lads. 

17 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Booing is immature.

Do you include the Ref in your argument?

if so, that’s most people in the land you consider as immature and idiots!

if not, then you need to be more specific.

try looking in the mirror if you dare, the answer is right in front of you.

34 minutes ago, Greatgraham said:

Do you include the Ref in your argument?

if so, that’s most people in the land you consider as immature and idiots!

if not, then you need to be more specific.

try looking in the mirror if you dare, the answer is right in front of you.

I think our players and manager have it pretty easy actually.

I didn't go on Saturday but everyone tells me we were shit and not up to the challenge both on the pitch and in the dugout.

That being the case I think its fair to express an opinion and at a sporting event that's usually by booing.

The fact it riled Johnson tells you that he didn't expect it which shows how complacent everyone is because it happens up and down the country every week but not here, and that is why I believe we will at best sit between 7th and 12th in the table year on year.

Archived