IGNORED

West Brom sack Darren Moore

Roe

It is the brainwashing of the premier league. People just expect relegated clubs to he walking this league. No one watches the championship outside those in it and therefore no one realises how hard it is to do well in it.

They were an absolute shambles last season much like Villa when they came down. To have them 4th and probably a comfortable playoff team with an outside shot at automatic is an acheivement. Instead he is out of a job because they haven’t won in 3. A joke and I hope they suffer for it

Looks like the patience went after failing to beat Ipswich today, they haven’t won at home in 2019. It’s reported they believed it was the end of automatic promotion so sacked the manager. Harsh. 

Absolutely crazy. Unfortunately some lower Premier League clubs, such as WBA, believe they have a Devine right to play in the Premier League. When they sink into the Championship they expect to be top of the league and be promoted at the first attempt. Football doesn’t work like that. They were relegated because they had a team of over paid, and underperforming players. Darren Moore has done a fantastic job in turning things around but he needed time 

I guess they see Norwich sitting on top of the table and very likely to get promoted and think they should be there. They probably have held on to players on Premier League wages and could almost be in a shit or bust situation, even with parachute payments? They don’t want to become a team like Villa, they want immediate promotion. Yes they might look at Norwich but they could equally look and see where Stoke are.

The worst quote is that DM didn’t find consistency is results and that tye decision was made because the goal of a swift return to the premier league would not be met. Couple things that bother me there

1) They are 4th and have been in the top 6 basically all season. They had to find their feet at the start but he got them on track.

2) There are 10 games left and they are still easily a favourite for promotion! How can you say promotion would not be met at this point? Why not just play out the last 10 and see where he has taken you? 

Just a baffling decision really. I don’t particularly like Darren Moore but he didn’t deserve this. Having any team 4th at this stage of the season in this league means you have something about you. And I know he has experience on then bench with him but he must be doing a decent job because that wasn’t an easy job when he took it

16 minutes ago, ben91tucker said:

Johnson current fav 

Screenshot_20190309-200951_Sky Bet.jpg

My punt would be someone not on that list.

Derek McInnes.

Another Baggies legend but other than us, has the track record.

Get the impression the board never really wanted Moore but the strong end to last year forced their hand.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

So should Stoke really and look where they are

Completely different.

Stoke are in a mess off the pitch - owners publicly stating they're not interested in investing to the extent they once did. Lack of ambition has infected that club from the top down and now they're paying the price. WBA far better run.

WBA have the best strikeforce in the league. All the manager had to do was organise a side behind them to be solid and half decent defensively. They haven't been.   

Archived