IGNORED

West Brom sack Darren Moore

Roe

51 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s be honest with that squad they shouldn’t be 4th and a home draw against Ipswich deserves sacking,if you can’t beat relegation fodder at home then something is wrong,over to you lee 

Have to say that is a crazy comment, if your serious?.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/09/next-west-brom-manager-the-bookies-favourites-to-replace-darren-moore/

Here are the bookies' early favourites to replace him*.

Lee Johnson - 3/1
Current manager at Bristol City, Johnson has guided the Robins to seventh place in the Championship this season. 

Slavisa Jokanovic - 4/1
Former Fulham boss, Jokanovic helped lead the Cottagers to promotion via the playoffs last season, but was sacked by the club following a poor start to their Premier League campaign.

David Wagner - 5/1
Out of work following his departure from Huddersfield Town earlier this season. He helped secure the Terriers' promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs.

David Moyes - 7/1
Former Everton, Manchester United, Sunderland and West Ham boss. Moyes is available, but has saw his stock fall following his brilliant spell at Goodison Park, which earned him his move to Old Trafford to replace Sir Alex Ferguson.

Steve Clarke - 11/1
Former Albion boss Steve Clarke had managed at The Hawthorns in 2012/13 before departing. He's had spells with Reading, Aston Villa and Kilmarnock since. He remains manager of the Scottish Premier League side.

2 hours ago, Roe said:

Mental.

Why mental? His team are not performing as well as they should with the squad they have. Not every football club is a charitable organisation for inept and inconsistent managers! They demand success, unlike City who would like to do well but apparently not too bothered if we don't. 

21 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Have to say that is a crazy comment, if your serious?.

Why is it crazy?

Do you get football & the financials involved for sides like WBA who have just exited the PL & retained a huge wage bill?

Harsh? Yes, Darren Moore, nice bloke & one of the more decent managers in the football spectrum but, they have become very inconsistent & started to struggle at home. Some tactically naive decision making with the old round pegs & square holes ( remind you of anyone? ) & a very nervy & disquieted fan base.

Shareholders no doubt gulping down typhoons of air & after today, the rest is history as they say.

Do the maths.

It might be that they, erm, how do I put this?, hmmm, .... it might be that they never intended to have poor Daz in the job full-time, just to fill in while they fell out of the Prem quietly  and then he only went and won some games and was amazing for a few weeks and everyone cheered and the players said "we love Daz gaffer" and the media made a fuss and Adrian Chiles said he was great and then they had to give him the job.

And, er, they've been waiting for the right moment to, er, move him on, like, and get someone, er, someone, someone else in, and today's as good as any this season. I mean, come on: Ipswich, at home?

It might be.

29 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Why is it crazy?

Do you get football & the financials involved for sides like WBA who have just exited the PL & retained a huge wage bill?

Harsh? Yes, Darren Moore, nice bloke & one of the more decent managers in the football spectrum but, they have become very inconsistent & started to struggle at home. Some tactically naive decision making with the old round pegs & square holes ( remind you of anyone? ) & a very nervy & disquieted fan base.

Shareholders no doubt gulping down typhoons of air & after today, the rest is history as they say.

Do the maths.

Do I get football? probably not any more. My point was if you can't beat Ipswich in a one off game the manager should be sacked.

Have no ideal how the game went, WBA could have had 88pc of the ball,28 shots at goal and still not won the game.

I don't really care, it was just if you can't beat Ipswich at home the manager should be sacked. witch is ****** stupid.

No doubt if we don't beat Ipswich there will be many calling for the same thing.

It is possible that WBA have used parachute payments for this and next season- effectively the 2nd half of this and all of next seasons- as a hedge/security against a loan. Mortgaged against promotion this year in other words?

If so, an element of 'promotion or bust' definitely would be a factor here. Jokanovic?

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Found the Tweet and Graphic in q.

Well dunno how to upload print screens from phone but @KieranMaguire has a possible reason, Twitter.

Adds a bit of detail to what I said- actually I saw it there so credit to him.

This?

6 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Completely different.

Stoke are in a mess off the pitch - owners publicly stating they're not interested in investing to the extent they once did. Lack of ambition has infected that club from the top down and now they're paying the price. WBA far better run.

WBA have the best strikeforce in the league. All the manager had to do was organise a side behind them to be solid and half decent defensively. They haven't been.   

From what I hear Stoke are not in a mess at all; well run club just made some poor managerial decisions but who hasn't. Bet365 places Stoke in an extremely strong financial position and they have spent significantly since being relegated. WBA on the other hand are not British owned and the evidence I have seen with similarly foreign owned clubs make rather rash or non sensical decisions more often than not; this is one of them without a shadow of doubt.

6 hours ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Why is it crazy?

Do the maths.

They are 4th; the only maths needed frankly.

3 hours ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Rather shocked by the sacking, seriously nice guy and proud Brummy - The football world has gone mad

That happened a long long time ago sadly.

55 minutes ago, Suffolkcity said:

Be surprised if they went for LJ, but would not be surprised if he went there. 

LJ may appeal to WBA, but if they sack managers when the club is fourth, who would want to go there?

11 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

If Jokanovic or Wagner are available they'd be mad to go for Johnson who hasnt finished above 11th, ever.

Absolutely. Cannot think for one minute they, or any, 'bigger' club would seriously consider LJ.  

Now, if he manages to turn our slump around and get us finishing in the top 6, THEN he will have over achieved and perhaps be a realistic contender for jobs like this.

As for Stoke and WBA comparisons.

Think it's likely Stoke given owners will fund to higher loss limit, higher PL loss limit and some other factors have one more season they can have a bit of a go. Or even holding squad together- but swingeing cuts needed in 2020/21 if not.

WBA? Assumed they're in same boat but maybe not. This charge, uncertainty over owners and the fact they possibly went from needing an overdraft last season which followed a £30m profit the year before. If not quite promotion or bust, it could easily be promotion or stagnation.

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

From what I hear Stoke are not in a mess at all; well run club just made some poor managerial decisions but who hasn't. Bet365 places Stoke in an extremely strong financial position and they have spent significantly since being relegated. WBA on the other hand are not British owned and the evidence I have seen with similarly foreign owned clubs make rather rash or non sensical decisions more often than not; this is one of them without a shadow of doubt.

Well I work with a Stoke fan. From Stoke. He thinks differently, is all I can say. Bet365 owners are extremely wealthy but for last couple of seasons have not invested to same levels as previously. 

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Well I work with a Stoke fan. From Stoke. He thinks differently, is all I can say. Bet365 owners are extremely wealthy but for last couple of seasons have not invested to same levels as previously. 

Equally except I do not work with him but known him for 25 years. 

Been reading a few of their forums and the majority of fans thought he was out of his depth, playing poor football and players out of position. Reckon he only got the job short term and cos he was a nice bloke who outstayed his usefulness. 

The fickle finger of footie fans!! 

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I can help explain that.

In the PL, as well as FFP they have STCC. That's short term cost control.

Unless they get commercial revenue from legit sources, or other forms of revenue, they can only raise the wage bill by a certain amount each season when it passes £60 something million. Think the new limit may well be £83m- under Pulis they were quite high payers, he got impressive results but little sell on value etc. if their main revenue raising capability is TV money, then yes they can only increase the wage bill slowly once it reaches a certain point. You have to buy well and you have to source new players cleverly therefore.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/premier-league-update-their-ffp-rules

This could be a more up to date version, but put together should give the whole picture.,

https://www.accountancyage.com/football-finance-short-term-cost-controls-profitability-and-sustainability/

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

WBA`s  biggest problem was Leicester recalling Harvey Barnes in January and either not bothering or not being able to replace him. They look half the side they were before Christmas. That is hardly Darren Moore`s fault and it`s madness to sack him.

Said so at the time, although they brought in Johansen, Murphy and Montero in January.  A strike force of Rodriquez and Gayle too.  The Championship is tough, and getting in the top two isn’t guaranteed for any team coming down.

The Kieran Maguire tweet might be the truth....cashflow!!

Promotion needed, or big sell-off in the summer.  Hope the incoming manager is aware.

I wouldn’t mind seeing LJ at a club like West Brom.  Prefer if he stayed here, but I wouldn’t begrudge him it.  Be very surprised if they do go in for LJ though.

Archived