IGNORED

Leeds fans

weepywall

Now I'm not knocking the Leeds fans that come on here who seem decent but the Leeds fans that I bumped into today or had to listen to were the the worst bunch of fans that I have met for a very long time, they really do think they are on par with Barcelona, Real Madrid etc which is strange as they have done **** all for years, they will go up this season but I really hope they come back down, vile club, vile fans, rant over ???

12 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I've travelled this world of ours from Bedme to Peru,

I've met the king of China and a Yorkshire miner

But I've never met a nice Leeds Utd fan,

And that's not bloody surprising, man

Jimmy Savile did a lot for charity

:laugh: just noticed his surname is only one letter away from so vile

49 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

One guy was walking through the industrial estate towards their coaches trying to aggravate anyone he saw. 

Reckon he’d have bolted at the first sign of a retaliation, absolute *****

Same outside the park on ashton road. However, im not sure anyone could understand wtf they were actually saying!! ?

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Now I'm not knocking the Leeds fans that come on here who seem decent but the Leeds fans that I bumped into today or had to listen to were the the worst bunch of fans that I have met for a very long time, they really do think they are on par with Barcelona, Real Madrid etc which is strange as they have done **** all for years, they will go up this season but I really hope they come back down, vile club, vile fans, rant over ???

The transition from Championship to Premier league is a big one and while Leeds view themselves as a "big club" I think they will struggle  and end up in a relegation battle.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Each to their own....every Leeds fan I met yesterday was fine, respectful and fun....but lots need to tar them all with the same brush....

Have some very good friends who are leeds fans.meet with about a dozen in the Ashton for a drink and lunch  all top lads who travel down with no colours mix with the locals and generally talk sense. Everyone to a man yesterday said not a great game ,should have been a draw but would take results like this if it sees them promoted. All of them also agreed the championship is far more fun then the prem . So yes they do have a few plonkers but so does every club

9 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Those morons with the nice new Bristol Leeds Fans flag were particularly loathsome 

The one they couldn't tie to a seat? Leeds fan on the train claimed to know they were Bristol Rovers fans, not sure how that could have been possible as there was actually four of them, albeit they shared one brain cell, which is about the total at the Gas at any away game. 

Leeds fan on train was decent enough, but clear he was becoming quite exercised by the fact we kept saying they were not a very good team - which they weren't. There's a quiet and implicit conceit about Leeds fans that they should be regarded as much better than they actually are. He was most upset to learn they weren't Brazil.

They control the tempo of the game really well but they're not half as good as their fans seem to think nor was the game as a whole. He was convinced they'd been superb and bossed us and was quite upset to learn from rudimentary stats that they only had 3 shots on target and as horrific as we were, possession was still largely even. 

He also thought the ref gave them a hard time in the second half, which had me in hysterics and showed how delusional their view of a match is - I'm the last person to pick on a ref, it's not worth the effort normally but christ the guy yesterday barely came up for air from having his tongue lodged firmly in their players nether regions. 

I notice our 18 year old was booked for his first challenge but their number 18 was given about 4 separate warnings. And so it went on all game, until he had totally lost control of the comically incessant diving and time wasting, which having seen every Championship team home and away this season, is the only thing Leeds excel at.

Bitter much? Yes, because we were beaten by an away performance that wouldn't even be in the top ten teams to have played at Ashton Gate. Play like that against Ipswich and they will get something, and probably by more. Not what Leeds fans want to hear but yesterday wasn't half as good as the game most of them invented in their head.

Also, as for tickets being cancelled, there were still plenty of Leeds in the Dolman, didn't need much to spot them at full time.

It's the arrogance that they are still "something special" that really gets most other fans. Although there is a well-known misplaced Yorkshire attitude of thinking themselves as being tougher than anyone else, (Monty Python had that spot on!), every other Yorkshire club's fans also hate Leeds for their attitude, and want to get one over them more than any other club, so it can't just be geography.

It would seem "Dirty Leeds" and their "arrogant fans" are tags that they not only can't shake off, but which they seem to actively want to live up to!

@Olé , can't believe I find myself defending yesterday's ref, cos he was awful, just didn't control it, but Semenyo's booking was his second challenge, and I was surprised during he didn't get a yellow for the first. Agree that it would have been harsh yellow if it had been the first, but I'm pretty sure the ref even pointed to where the first one had happened to make clear it was about that one too. He didn't get anything else right though!

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

@Olé , can't believe I find myself defending yesterday's ref, cos he was awful, just didn't control it, but Semenyo's booking was his second challenge, and I was surprised during he didn't get a yellow for the first. Agree that it would have been harsh yellow if it had been the first, but I'm pretty sure the ref even pointed to where the first one had happened to make clear it was about that one too. He didn't get anything else right though!

Ah, apologies, I missed that, but in any case I certainly wasn't suggesting it wasnt a booking, I just found it exhausting trying to contain my complete unsurprise to see the ref not issue equivalent yellow cards to Leeds players with the same enthusiasm.

You could almost say he didn't want to book them at all, besottted by them, even the time wasting yellow only happened literally because the Dolman stood up yet again and started shouting at the ref who was still dreaming about the time he refereed Leeds.

10 hours ago, weepywall said:

We have some fans that I really don't like either. And arrogance and stupidity are two of their worst traits. I despair sometimes, because we're all tarred with the same brush. Sometimes the only thing I have in common with some of our supporters is that we all support Leeds. There ARE decent Leeds supporters, but sometimes you have to go looking for them?? 

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Jimmy Savile did a lot for charity

:laugh: just noticed his surname is only one letter away from so vile

Tbf Savile has nothing to do with Leeds United. He was born in the city of Leeds, that's it. Didn't support Leeds United, didn't attend matches. Didn't like him when he was alive, thought he was an embarrassment, and know for a fact he was disliked by most staff at LGI, who were well aware his "charity work" was designed solely with his own self-interest at heart. Despised him once all the revelations came out.

I've got a few mates that are Leeds fans and they are nothing like what seems to be suggested by some on here.They average over 10,000 more than us so they probably have a larger amount of idiots.To be honest I've seen and heard idiots at AG and watched our own fans fighting each other so we have them as well.

32 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Tbf Savile has nothing to do with Leeds United. He was born in the city of Leeds, that's it. Didn't support Leeds United, didn't attend matches. Didn't like him when he was alive, thought he was an embarrassment, and know for a fact he was disliked by most staff at LGI, who were well aware his "charity work" was designed solely with his own self-interest at heart. Despised him once all the revelations came out.

It's a cheap shot to associate a predatory paedophile to a football club but I'm sure it's not the first time you've heard it. Football 'banter' often rests at a pretty low and crude level.

I’ve always thought Leeds were the product of some fantastic marketing in the early 70’s by Admiral. If you look at their history there is not a lot to it. The “great team” of Revie did okay over 8 years, but cannot claim to have dominated the way Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelski, Man City, Huddersfield, have done. I would suggest Forest were more successful over a short success spell. Even overtime they have not had the success of Everton, Villa, Sunderland etc....

i think they are comparable to Blackburn, same number of Prem titles, same number of championships - however Leeds are coming up to 20 years outside the Prem, longer than their longest  stay in top flight football and have only spent 50 seasons in  there total. Whereas Blackburn have 70!

so, better than most, but not in the Big boys league. One will have to worry for their support base once all the 1960s born fans start dropping of this mortal coil!

Archived