IGNORED

Leeds fans

weepywall

22 minutes ago, Xiled said:

It's a cheap shot to associate a predatory paedophile to a football club but I'm sure it's not the first time you've heard it. Football 'banter' often rests at a pretty low and crude level.

Oh we get it virtually every week, and of course some of our fans revel in it? Not sure how you deal with it tbh. Laugh it off? Get angry? Or just say he's got absolutely nothing to do with the football club?

28 minutes ago, adamski said:

I’ve always thought Leeds were the product of some fantastic marketing in the early 70’s by Admiral. If you look at their history there is not a lot to it. The “great team” of Revie did okay over 8 years, but cannot claim to have dominated the way Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelski, Man City, Huddersfield, have done. I would suggest Forest were more successful over a short success spell. Even overtime they have not had the success of Everton, Villa, Sunderland etc....

i think they are comparable to Blackburn, same number of Prem titles, same number of championships - however Leeds are coming up to 20 years outside the Prem, longer than their longest  stay in top flight football and have only spent 50 seasons in  there total. Whereas Blackburn have 70!

so, better than most, but not in the Big boys league. One will have to worry for their support base once all the 1960s born fans start dropping of this mortal coil!

But because Leeds is a big city in a way that Blackburn is not, Leeds United has the POTENTIAL to be a big club again.

13 minutes ago, Verloc said:

But because Leeds is a big city in a way that Blackburn is not, Leeds United has the POTENTIAL to be a big club again.

I would imagine Leeds is the biggest ‘one club’ city in the country?

Must be good when everyone in a city can get behind one club.

13 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Think it is. Newcastle is the other that springs to mind, though I know there are different definitions of "city" knocking about. I think the Geordies are more football-mad overall than the people of Leeds, partly because a number in Leeds follow the rugby league team, Leeds Rhinos, rather than Leeds United. 

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Iv heard that fact for the last 30 years bill 

also they had the largest cantilever stand in Europe 

not sure if that still is the case

1 hour ago, adamski said:

I’ve always thought Leeds were the product of some fantastic marketing in the early 70’s by Admiral. If you look at their history there is not a lot to it....i think they are comparable to Blackburn, same number of Prem titles...

Leeds have never won the premier league....and they’ve been outside the top div for 14 years...that’s not really ‘coming up to 20 years...’ 

7 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Iv heard that fact for the last 30 years bill 

also they had the largest cantilever stand in Europe 

not sure if that still is the case

It was at the time it was built in the early 90s, but not anymore.

16 hours ago, weepywall said:

Now I'm not knocking the Leeds fans that come on here who seem decent but the Leeds fans that I bumped into today or had to listen to were the the worst bunch of fans that I have met for a very long time, they really do think they are on par with Barcelona, Real Madrid etc which is strange as they have done **** all for years, they will go up this season but I really hope they come back down, vile club, vile fans, rant over ???

Yes especially those sags with the Bristol whites flag

1 hour ago, deadratinmycider said:

They’ve obviously got a few decent fans and we’ve had a couple on here to be fair but don’t get me started on the majority of their Twitter mob! Same as Villa fans on there, absolute throbbers the lot of them. I actually hope they go up so we don’t have to listen to their crap for a season.

I'm on twitter? I'm usually very polite?

5 hours ago, daored said:

Do any Leeds fans actually come from Leeds? Seems to me they're just a very poor version of the Man Utd fanbase .

Few of them got off at Bath after having been wound a by a couple of young City lads who told them a few home truths. Arrogance for what........? Leeds......... ?

6 minutes ago, RedReynard said:

Do any Leeds fans actually come from Leeds? Seems to me they're just a very poor version of the Man Utd fanbase .

Few of them got off at Bath after having been wound a by a couple of young City lads who told them a few home truths. Arrogance for what........? Leeds......... ?

I do. But plenty of support from all over the place as well.

On 10/03/2019 at 07:49, Olé said:

Also, as for tickets being cancelled, there were still plenty of Leeds in the Dolman, didn't need much to spot them at full time.

What's your point,? Club could have done little more...400-500 tickets cancelled, people stopped at turnstiles, the ejection from the Family Stand...if people want to find a way, they will.

17 hours ago, Verloc said:

I do. But plenty of support from all over the place as well.

Speak as you find, always found the more sensible Leeds fans to be very knowledgeable and open minded. It's their social media following and over-aggressive shirters that seem to let the club down.

One thing I can't understand is why Leeds fans believe they have this divine right to be allowed in the home end wherever they go. It isn't allowed at any other stadium for any other club. Take the famous weekend incident when a father and son were kicked out of the Lansdown. Granted, it's never nice to have an upset child on your hands, but the Dad bought tickets in the home end, what did he expect?

16 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Speak as you find, always found the more sensible Leeds fans to be very knowledgeable and open minded. It's their social media following and over-aggressive shirters that seem to let the club down.

One thing I can't understand is why Leeds fans believe they have this divine right to be allowed in the home end wherever they go. It isn't allowed at any other stadium for any other club. Take the famous weekend incident when a father and son were kicked out of the Lansdown. Granted, it's never nice to have an upset child on your hands, but the Dad bought tickets in the home end, what did he expect?

We have more than our fair share of idiots, but you're right, there are plenty of sensible Leeds fans too. Wasn't aware we thought we had a "divine right" to be allowed in any home end. I certainly don't have this belief. I know what the "rules" are, even if I don't particularly like them. Originally sat in home ends back in the 1980s when it was easy to do, because the ends given to away supporters were always the worst parts of the ground (frequently uncovered terraces). Never had any bother, because we go to watch a game of football, sensibly and pretty quietly. The demand and supply factor now comes into play, because away allocations are usually insufficient and often there are plenty of empty seats available in home sections. Personally I think it's sad home and away supporters can't sit peacefully side by side, but there's always a minority that want to fight or cause trouble.

I used to dislike Leeds, because they were Leeds and was the fashionable thing to do. Similar to disliking Arsenal for being the worlds most boring club. Massive difference between Leeds and Arsenal, (notwithstanding the success) is the fans, love them or hate them Leeds have passionate noisy fans.

With regards to away fans in the home end, no problem whatsoever as long as they keep their heads down.

FKTS

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What's your point,? Club could have done little more...400-500 tickets cancelled, people stopped at turnstiles, the ejection from the Family Stand...if people want to find a way, they will.

Could have given Leeds the full away end as a starter. I think Leeds ate the only club to sell out every away allocation this season and with the restriction to 3,000 away fans in the prem, Leeds have the biggest away following in the country. Not that if the EPL gave bigger allocations others would not beat them.

The biggest travelling support would be Man Utd, they even have fans holed up in the Bobby Charlton wig section of the club shop in the Trafford Centre on match days.

Got a typical Gashead in work who has a second team to make up for them being so shite and of course it’s Leeds

He has a blue car with some kind of plate that incorporates GAS in the suffix and always wears his Rovers coat / polo shirt etc etc

However, today he was of course wearing a Leeds jacket. Inflammatory behaviour imo so may have to lodge a complaint with HR

48 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Got a typical Gashead in work who has a second team to make up for them being so shite and of course it’s Leeds

He has a blue car with some kind of plate that incorporates GAS in the suffix and always wears his Rovers coat / polo shirt etc etc

However, today he was of course wearing a Leeds jacket. Inflammatory behaviour imo so may have to lodge a complaint with HR

"Glory" supporters everywhere. It's mad up here at the moment. Everyone is talking about LUFC in whichever pub you go in. It wasn't like that as recently as a year or two ago. Tickets for home games are selling out immediately. Did so for Millwall today, the 1st day tickets went on sale to Members. Thousands will disappear again if we don't get promoted. 

Archived