IGNORED

Why couldn't we pass?

Judda

8 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Me too.but sadly it's part of the game and we need to wise up.

It's something the footballing authorities need to get a handle on because it is absolutely ruining the game at this level. Leeds cheated their way through the second half.

2 minutes ago, Xiled said:

It's something the footballing authorities need to get a handle on because it is absolutely ruining the game at this level. Leeds cheated their way through the second half.

This is a problem that's been going on for years and it's all down to the refs not applying the laws of the game.If they did games would have at least 10 minutes of injury time and loads of cards.If they stopped the time like in rugby we'd be there all day.?

8 minutes ago, Xiled said:

True. Adding time isn't enough as time wasting ruins the flow of the game. Sh1te watching the last 20 mins of some games...

7 hours ago, Judda said:

Worse passing of the season. 

Wonder if the occasion got to them....

We couldn't pass because Leeds flooded the Midfield each time we won possession...subsequently there were too many blue bodies to intercept our weak (and often short) passes setting Leeds off on the counter. 

For me it was as if we had cognitively lost the game before a ball was kicked.

Not sure why MOL didn't come out for their soft tap in goal.....he clearly had thinking time but was like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights......

Once that goal went in the self fulfilling prophecy had been realised and our tmheads went down. Marginally better approach in the second half but Leeds game management (aka time wasting) tool all the momentum out of our game by curbing any head of steam we were producing making us start the build all over again. 

Teams are on to our way of play....I fear that Tues will be a replica of Sat. 

It seems that when we are not considered to be promotion candidates and we are not under pressure as such we surprise teams and flourish, hence the great run we were on. But whenever we get to the business end of the season and teams consider us a threat we meekly fall away or bottle it as some would say. I guess that is the next stage of development for the team. Whether possible  with the current set up or how long it will take who knows.

12 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

It seems that when we are not considered to be promotion candidates and we are not under pressure as such we surprise teams and flourish, hence the great run we were on. But whenever we get to the business end of the season and teams consider us a threat we meekly fall away or bottle it as some would say. I guess that is the next stage of development for the team. Whether possible  with the current set up or how long it will take who knows.

Agreed.....we've worked hard all season to get to the play offs then apologise for being here and meekly descend back down the table.....we need to harden up.... stop being so polite and get stuck in.....we have some skilful players....all they need is their 2 weetabix and send them out! 

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

The way Leeds pressed was phenomenal. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team come here and press so well. It was like they had far more than 11 players on the pitch. We were not afforded any space at all. Their players performed like they were on ecstasy the whole game. To press us for 100 minutes was impressive. 

They came here and intimated us and did a job on us, we were like rabbits in headlights.

However they lose a lot of credit from me because of how dirty they was. Man City and Liverpool are some of the best pressers in the world, but they do it in a clean way. Leeds were disgusting with how they played and the ref was too weak and allowed it to happen. Our players took a right battering and I'm sure we will have a few walking wounded now that's gonna need patching up for Tuesday night.

Apart from the pressing game Leeds were not particularly threatening imo. Apart from the goal which was a shambles our defence were great. 

Same issue we've had against many teams, that dirty pressing game, our lads certainly seem to struggle to deal with it. 

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

We continue to lack real hard leaders both on and off the pitch

This team is formed in LJ's own 'nice' image

I kinda agree, but actually we aren’t very good at that type of game....yesterday we should’ve tried to carry on playing football, not mixing it...it just played into their hands.

Archived