IGNORED

Leeds Keeper Head Butt

RedRobin91

The keeper dropped his head on Bailey Wright who had his arms out.....straight Red......not good officiating.

These people are supposed to be professional and set an example to young people aspiring to play the beautiful game.....not show them how to be thugs etc. 

(Ps...I do note that BW's challenge was late.....and he would have gone too...but so be it.)

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Ref bottled it. Watching motd and seeing the top refs bottle it with Pickford rugby tackle, Sissoko head butt and couple of other decisions. I get them not seeing things, but when they see it there is no excuse. Been a bad season of officiating in general imo. Doesn't help the argument for no VAR next season.

Yet take off your shirt or celebrate a goal with the fans and you're straight in the book!!!

I thought he was going to book them both, and Bailey was off. Made me laugh though when many fouls went unpunished, the one on CoD As has already been mentioned, then the Ref booked the player who wasted time deciding he wasn’t going to take a free kick or was it a throw late in the game leaving it for another player. Right he was booked for blatant time wasting but come on Ref look at the cynical fouls too which are dangerous and need to be even more so cut out of the game.

I don’t think there is a throw in stat is there? But the number of times when the ball was out of play or booted up in the air and all the stop starts had me thinking I was watching rugby.

36 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I was more concerned about Coopers foul on a clean through O'Dowda. He had to go, second yellow in the very least and yet the ref totally bottled it in the only way he could by failing to give a free kick

I saw the coming together, but not whether it was blatant or not.  But there was no way he was gonna send off a Leeds player yesterday.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Its not as if they were both head to head, clear movement from their keeper towards Bailey, usually a red card given when that happens, or a yellow at least...

From my view in LS, both equally have their heads together, and I don’t think Casilas butted him, but forcefully pushed his head (already in contact with Bailey) against Bailey’s whose head went backwards.  Still a red, but Wright probably a second yellow for putting his head up against him too.

3 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Diedhiou was booked yesterday, but I couldn’t see what he did to warrant a booking, any idea what I missed?

Slid in to get a shot in from a cross, defender got there first to clear the ball and diedhou caught him late 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Ref bottled it. Watching motd and seeing the top refs bottle it with Pickford rugby tackle, Sissoko head butt and couple of other decisions. I get them not seeing things, but when they see it there is no excuse. Been a bad season of officiating in general imo. Doesn't help the argument for no VAR next season.

Tend to agree.  VAR sadly appears to do little to improve decision making.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

* This - absolutely spot on.

Standard of refereeing is getting worse. Kevin Friend yesterday was stood watching Sissoko both push & headbutt Redmond (quite aside from stud rake leading up to the clash) & completely bottled it.

What with that clown Mike Dean 'celebrating' the award of a penalty when he theatrically points to the spot, I really do despair.

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

Yet take off your shirt or celebrate a goal with the fans and you're straight in the book!!!

Not if you were a Leeds player yesterday, I suspect. I thought kicking/throwing the ball away was supposed to be a similar immediate card, but I lost count of how many times they did that, without even a word from the ref. 

1 hour ago, When the river runs said:

Not a headbutt for me, the games gone to soft if that's a sending off. He did lean in though , but a proper headbutt causes serious damage hence why they are banned in the most violent of sports like mma.

The point is the consistency in refereeing, usually if you move you head towards the opponent event if it's a head push rather than a headbutt so to say it's still deemed a red card offence usually. 

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

The point is the consistency in refereeing, usually if you move you head towards the opponent event if it's a head push rather than a headbutt so to say it's still deemed a red card offence usually. 

Yes true enough leaning in with the head seems to be a sending off nowadays. I think it shouldn't be though.

The challenge was worse than the keepers reaction imo.

2 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Yes true enough leaning in with the head seems to be a sending off nowadays. I think it shouldn't be though.

The challenge was worse than the keepers reaction imo.

Going off track a bit, I also miss the odd punch up in the rugby matches.

Football especially has become a bit soft with the almost out ruling of a good physical tackle

4 hours ago, extonsred said:

If the ref had booked both BW would have been sent off. Maybe it was good refereeing!

I never understand this. It was clearly the keeper going for BW, not the other way round. So why would BW get booked?! 

Ref bottled it all game. 

2 minutes ago, Akira said:

I never understand this. It was clearly the keeper going for BW, not the other way round. So why would BW get booked?! 

Ref bottled it all game. 

He did....think if the ref would’ve given the keeper a red, he would’ve made an excuse to book Bailey too, e.g. for the foul.

1 hour ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I thought BW handled it really well, he could of gone down and made a real meal of it

And got a retrospective ban like at Fulham? Mind you, I still wouldn`t bet against that happening again.

Also, has anyone ever seen a player take so long to go off as Klich did yesterday? He must have hugged every other Leeds player on his slow trudge across the pitch, two of them after the ref had told him to get a move on.

Archived