IGNORED

Leeds Keeper Head Butt

RedRobin91

5 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Slid in to get a shot in from a cross, defender got there first to clear the ball and diedhou caught him late 

How that can be a booking defies belief, he swung his leg at a cross and caught the defender but you would hardly warrant it to be a yellow. Ref was bloody awful and wanted to be centre of attention but let all sorts go on off the ball by Leeds players especially first half trying to get Fam booked - Ayling and Jansson being the culprits. They had the ref in their pocket and some of their antics were bordering on plain gamesmanship to slow the game and frustrate our players

Horrible team, players & club!

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

How that can be a booking defies belief, he swung his leg at a cross and caught the defender but you would hardly warrant it to be a yellow. Ref was bloody awful and wanted to be centre of attention but let all sorts go on off the ball by Leeds players especially first half trying to get Fam booked - Ayling and Jansson being the culprits. They had the ref in their pocket and some of their antics were bordering on plain gamesmanship to slow the game and frustrate our players

Horrible team, players & club!

Completely agree that it wasn’t a booking. There were handbags between Fam and that Pontus bellend all game and the ref decided to book Fam after an attempted shot rather than said bellend even though he fouled Fam all game

Saw it clearly from the south stand. Initial heads coming together then the goalie pulled his head back an inch or so and butted Wright. Not hard but enough for Wright to pull his head back in shock. TV replays don't have the right angle but the ref should have seen it from his.

I'm still seething about that awful referee.

The keeper should've gone & that Pontus **** also.

As someone's already said him and Ayling were getting away with it all match.

What really  urks me is the gamesmanship, the kicking of balls away at free kicks, taking a ridiculous amount of time to take a free kick/goal kick/throw in.

I don't mind losing to the better side like Norwich for example and that's because you remember the good football played on both sides and not the shoddy refereeing bottle job.

20 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It was pretty pathetic from Wright in all honesty, not something for either player to be particularly proud of. 

Exactly.

What head butt? Should’ve tried harder if he wanted to make a ‘point of it’.

Footballers can be such pussies. I know there is an aspect of trying to get an edge. But no edge was typically forced by Wright. His reaction wasn’t exaggerated enough to warrant much of anything. 

If it was the other way round, the Leeds player would be down on the floor and several others would’ve created a proper fracas.

12 hours ago, David Brent said:

He did go down 

Don't think he did. He does hold hid head but doesn't go down. 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Wright does have previous for this kind of thing, Did the same at Fulham.

When he got elbowed in the chest, and video doesn't show if the elbow actually catches his face as it travels up. He did go down then , and the guy that did it got off and BW got a suspension for exaggeration . Not seen any player done for that since. 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Don't think he did. He does hold hid head but doesn't go down. 

When he got elbowed in the chest, and video doesn't show if the elbow actually catches his face as it travels up. He did go down then , and the guy that did it got off and BW got a suspension for exaggeration . Not seen any player done for that since. 

I don't think it was anywhere near his face. Deserved his ban.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I don't think it was anywhere near his face. Deserved his ban.

Face? maybe not , but his arm/elbow comes up from his chest and I did think it made contact with BW's chin. Exagerated possibly, but I thought the ban was incredibly harsh. Just about every contact is exaggerated to make sure the offender gets punished, can't recall anyone else getting a similar punishment.

Whats is wrong with the referees today, if they cannot control a game to the rules, then the F, A, should issue a fine, there getting paid to play to the rules, not bottle it, too many bend the rules today to suit themselves, what's the accessers doing, 4 officials there Saturday, and Goalkeeper stays ON

On 10/03/2019 at 10:26, Redtucks said:

Yet take off your shirt or celebrate a goal with the fans and you're straight in the book!!!

I agree that it’s a stupid rule, but a very clear rule it is, nonetheless.

It’s ridiculous that people moan about bookings for taking your shirt off, when everybody knows the rule and exactly what going to happen when they do it. 

It’s not even like most other offences, which can be down to interpretation. It’s clear & simple, yet players still keep doing it..! 

On 10/03/2019 at 12:19, italian dave said:

Not if you were a Leeds player yesterday, I suspect. I thought kicking/throwing the ball away was supposed to be a similar immediate card, but I lost count of how many times they did that, without even a word from the ref. 

I'd take notice of this if it wasn't for the fact that you'd be happy for your team to do the same if the positions were reversed.

Show some self respect and suck it up.

Look at your own fans on here. Some calling a clear red, others saying your player was an embarrassment. If you all hold such contradictory views having watched it numerous times how can anyone criticise the ref?

5 hours ago, SR1 said:

I'd take notice of this if it wasn't for the fact that you'd be happy for your team to do the same if the positions were reversed.

Show some self respect and suck it up.

Look at your own fans on here. Some calling a clear red, others saying your player was an embarrassment. If you all hold such contradictory views having watched it numerous times how can anyone criticise the ref?

Even if I was happy for them to do it, I'd still expect them to get booked for doing so.

And not sure that I'd have a lot of self respect if I saw them doing that every time we needed to hold on to a lead.

The goalkeeper/Bailey Wright incident was one that will always attract different interpretations. For what it's worth I thought they should probably both have been booked, and that would certainly have suited you. But did they didn't they touch, who instigated it, all open to interpretation. Booting the ball away, and not just a tap but yards, just seems less open to interpretation.

Maybe payback for that hilarious incident (for us) a couple of seasons ago when your defender (can't recall who, Pontus??) got a second yellow for the most outrageous kicking the ball away ever, quite literally out of the ground. I really don't think he heard the whistle.

Archived